F1 2016

Basil B

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was an exiting race. Lewis was not being a sport doing what he did. Lewis slowed 3-4 seconds slower pace than he could have done.

I guess Vettel knew this and didn't try to push to overtake Nico too much at the end of the race. He might also wanted Nico to win the title.

4 hours ago, Mosha said:

Lewis apparently has been told if he drives tactically to Rosberg's detriment, they may let Nico use the undercut.

Sent from my SMART_4G_Speedy_5inch using Tapatalk

So he waits until after the last planed pit stop... :clap2:

I think Toto has to accept both his drivers are smart and they not going to accept team order if they do not want too, and what can he do? sack them? where is he going to find any better drivers???

Best thing is to mange them the best way he can, they made for a very entertaining race, there was no open hostility at the end of the race.

Next year is another year, lots of changes so chassis will be very different, may give another constructor a better advantage. 

Lauda "I'll have to talk to Lewis to discover what went wrong" Well Lewis should say what went wrong was, I had a Mercedes powered car that had 90% of the reliability problems of all the Mercedes powered cars on the grid, that's what went wrong.

10 hours ago, oilinki said:

That was an exiting race. Lewis was not being a sport doing what he did. Lewis slowed 3-4 seconds slower pace than he could have done.

I guess Vettel knew this and didn't try to push to overtake Nico too much at the end of the race. He might also wanted Nico to win the title.

Not being a sport? He didn't force him off the track, did he? The championship was at stake. Any other driver would do exactly what he tried in that position, Button and Massa (the two gents) included. What we needed was Max in third as opposed to buddy Vettel as he would've pushed Nico.

It's a shame we have people hating on this or that driver because of their personality and perceived arrogance while they ignore their talent. Bit childish really (Jetset); anyone with an ounce of F1 knowledge knows that Rosberg prevailed by default.

15 hours ago, JetsetBkk said:

POS Hamilton. So glad he lost the championship.  tongue.gif 

Hamilton is a far better F1 driver than Rosberg.

Considering the number of mechanical problems Hamilton had in the early part of the season compared to Rosberg at that at one point he was 49 points behind, Hamilton has done a brilliant job this season.

If both cars were equal all through the season, Rosberg would never have won.

To be fair, Mercedes did not get the clutch perfect for a standing start and Nico managed it better than Lewis, but Lewis did get 3 engine failures, had it only been 2 he would probably be now WDC again.

Are Mercedes going to sack Lewis???  

Of course not, who will take his place? Button? Massa?  or can you see any other team releasing their contracted drivers drivers??? 

Maybe Mercedes will let Red Bull have Mercedes engines for Max or Daniel ???:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

These are naturally just rumours, but I guess the feeling and trust inside of Mercedes is not what it should be after winning both titles. The situation must be tiresome for both the drivers and the whole 1500 person team. It might be good to separate the two drivers. Now when Nico is the champion, it might be possible and a good time to do so.

Lewis Hamilton reportedly facing the sack or suspension over his Abu Dhabi GP rebellion

Fleet Street claims Hamilton is facing severe disciplinary measures for refusing to listen to team messages during season finale

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/15740/10675526/lewis-hamilton-reportedly-facing-the-sack-or-suspension-over-his-abu-dhabi-gp-rebellion

Could Hamilton switch seats with some other driver for the next year? Vettel, Räikkönen, Ricardo?

20 hours ago, oilinki said:

At the start, Nico should be aggressive and try to get to the lead at any cost. Lewis can't afford an collision.

If Nico doesn't manage to get the lead, Lewis tries to slow down to keep the pressure on Nico by the Ferraris and Red Bulls. Thunderbolt Max might also try to do couple of risky overtaking moves.

I'm predicting that at least Nico's race is going end before the chequered flag.

Reality says that Nico couldn't afford a collision - Lewis would be praying for one that didn't involve him or the stewards deciding (unlikely I know as they are team mates)  that it was his fault.

18 hours ago, oilinki said:

Lewis slowed far more than that at the end of the race in the hope that he could back Nico into both Seb and Max.

Seb says that he tried to overtake Nico (and he did), but was unable to do so at the end of the race.  Which makes sense.

But of course there are always going to be conspiracy theories that Seb didn't want to overtake Nico....

I think I'm the first to say CONGRATS NICO for winning the WDC!

23 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Lewis slowed far more than that at the end of the race in the hope that he could back Nico into both Seb and Max.

Seb says that he tried to overtake Nico (and he did), but was unable to do so at the end of the race.  Which makes sense.

But of course there are always going to be conspiracy theories that Seb didn't want to overtake Nico....

I think I'm the first to say CONGRATS NICO for winning the WDC!

Surely you're not implying that a German did not try hard enough to overtake another German and possibly crash into him, thus handing the world championship to a Brit?

Tut-tut. Such conspiracy nonsense.

Well done Nico. default_clap2.gif

Thanks Seb.  thumbsup.gif

P*** off Hamiltion.  tongue.gif

12 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

Surely you're not implying that a German did not try hard enough to overtake another German and possibly crash into him, thus handing the world championship to a Brit?

Tut-tut. Such conspiracy nonsense.

Well done Nico. default_clap2.gif

Thanks Seb.  thumbsup.gif

P*** off Hamiltion.  tongue.gif

:saai:

But I've no doubt you're convinced that Merc. sabotaged Lewis and Seb had no intentions of overtaking Nico - despite his attempts.....

Get over it.  Neither driver drove particularly well, but even so the Merc. was still so dominant that only one of them could win.

The driver you support lost.

9 minutes ago, Mosha said:

Horner. "Mercedes were naive in Abu Dhabi".

http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/18154558/christian-horner-says-mercedes-was-naive-abu-dhabi?_nocache

Not sure what to say about this as RBR already have Ric and Max.  Who would they drop?

Or perhaps they are just trying to spread more discord in the Merc. team.

Not sure why though as I'm pretty sure the Merc. team are pee'd of enough with Lewis and RBR don't have a position available.

The type of media comment with which annoys us all.

1 hour ago, dick dasterdly said:

:saai:

But I've no doubt you're convinced that Merc. sabotaged Lewis and Seb had no intentions of overtaking Nico - despite his attempts.....

No.

1 hour ago, dick dasterdly said:

Get over it.  Neither driver drove particularly well, but even so the Merc. was still so dominant that only one of them could win.

The driver you support lost.

Wrong again.

4 hours ago, Basil B said:

To be fair, Mercedes did not get the clutch perfect for a standing start and Nico managed it better than Lewis, but Lewis did get 3 engine failures

Lewis's engine failures had nothing to do with the way he drives, of course.

Just like Button who broke his steering by going over the high kerbs and saying afterwards (paraphrased): "I did nothing wrong - it's the way I've been driving for the last 17 years".

3 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

Reality says that Nico couldn't afford a collision - Lewis would be praying for one that didn't involve him or the stewards deciding (unlikely I know as they are team mates)  that it was his fault.

I was talking about the start of the race. If Nico and Lewis would have collided and had gone both out, it would have been beneficial to Nico. 

And like I said, Lewis slowed down to push the pressure to Nico later on during the race. I thought that Nico would have had a collision either way and was wrong about that. Instead he drove in smart way during the race.

Keke said jokingly "I would have driven on Lewis's gear box, if I had been in that situation". Nico didn't do that, but kept his cool.

Well deserved win. 

According to some medias and rumours, Lewis had threatened the team not to finish the season after SpanishGP. Mercedes's decision to let Pascal to drive the summer test, instead of Occon, seems to support this rumour.

If this rumour is true, there is a huge trust issues between the team and Hamilton.

I would not be too surprised if Lewis is not driving for Mercedes in next season. 

What happened during the Abu Dhabi GP might have breach the contract between the driver and the team. Just think about the huge negative publicity what Hamilton caused crash for Nico would have been to Mercedes. Hamilton's wins and podiums at almost every circuit would have caused huge booing effect around the world.

Where will Hamilton go? Will he take a year or two off from the F1?

9 hours ago, oilinki said:

Could Hamilton switch seats with some other driver for the next year? Vettel, Räikkönen, Ricardo?

Those who think Lewis is in hot water should think again...

Lewis backing up the driver behind? fair? I bet this has been considered by all teams as "game plan" given the right scenario, I bet they have a have a coded radio phrase to put it into operation.

Good on Lewis, I doubt he was told over the radio how far Seb and Max were behind Nico... he had to work that out himself and drive his car.

Mercedes say there is "no rush" to decide whether to take further action against Lewis Hamilton following the season-ending Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.

Hamilton drove deliberately slowly in an attempt to back team-mate Nico Rosberg into rivals. The German finished second to win his first title.

"There's no time pressure," a spokesman said. "We'll let the whole thing settle and then figure out the way forward.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/38131703

"There's no time pressure," I suspect they just want to forget it... do you really think Mercedes want to get rid of Lewis??? he is still the better driver...

Edited by Basil B

24 minutes ago, Basil B said:

Those who think Lewis is in hot water should think again...

I think you read the world a bit wrong. You might not have read what the non-UK press have said for the past years and what we non-UK people have thought of his personality.

Lewis has been a horrible personality. Every time he opens his mouth, we already know he is going to say the boring jada-jada stuff, coming out of his mouth. Nobody wants to hear that. Really. It's boring. 

Europeans and the people around the world wish to hear real feelings from the drivers at the podium.

We want race drivers, not political whiners. 

Edited by Guest
typos

Lewis is very good, but he is not the best driver there is. He has had superior car for the past years.

This year he lost to his teammate who had the same car.

Unfortunately I have to hear the talk how the Audience X at track X is the best there is. I also have to hear how wonderful work the team has done each time. Soap bubble talk, every time...

According to some medias and rumours, Lewis had threatened the team not to finish the season after SpanishGP. Mercedes's decision to let Pascal to drive the summer test, instead of Occon, seems to support this rumour.

If this rumour is true, there is a huge trust issues between the team and Hamilton.

I would not be too surprised if Lewis is not driving for Mercedes in next season. 

What happened during the Abu Dhabi GP might have breach the contract between the driver and the team. Just think about the huge negative publicity what Hamilton caused crash for Nico would have been to Mercedes. Hamilton's wins and podiums at almost every circuit would have caused huge booing effect around the world.

Where will Hamilton go? Will he take a year or two off from the F1?

As for trust, that's why Brawn left them. He didn't trust Lauda or Wolfe. Lewis might be right not to trust them.

I wasn't keen on Max as a result of the way he's driven badly when fighting for position - but also thought his Brazil drive was very impressive.

He clearly has talent, and now just needs the stewards to penalise him a couple of times when he drives dangerously.  Not that it will happen for a while yet (if at all) as stewarding decisions seem to be largely based on 'the show' default_bah.gif.

Having given up on the stewards to make consistent decisions - it would be far easier if F1 would bring back gravel traps.  Drivers are less likely to push their competitors off-track as it would result in an obvious penalty.  They are also going to keep within track limits as going outside would likely end their race.

Sorry - getting rid of gravel traps is a pet 'peeve' of mine and its clear that its resulted in drivers pretty much ignoring track limits when defending (no penalty)/happy to push other drivers off track (with no penalty as it wasn't race-ending for the attacking driver) etc. etc.

Totally agree