Authorities struggle to find motive for San Bernardino massacre

webfact

Authorities struggle to find motive for San Bernardino massacre

606x341_318280.jpg

SAN BERNARDINO: -- Authorities in the US are struggling to work out why a man and woman reportedly opened fire after a dispute at his employer’s Christmas party.

Syed Rizwan Farook and Tashfeen Malik were killed in a shootout with police after Wednesday’s massacre in which 14 people were killed.

US President Barack Obama ordered flags flown at half-mast in memory of the victims.

“It is possible that this was terrorist-related. But we don’t know. It is also possible that this was workplace-related,” said the president.

“We going to have to search ourselves as a society to make sure we can take basic steps that will make it harder not impossible but harder for individuals to get access to weapons,” added Obama.

The mass shooting took place in the city of San Bernardino at a social services agency where Farook worked as an inspector.

Local media reported co-workers describing him as quiet and polite.

The US House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi has backed congressional efforts to address mental illness, saying mass shootings this week highlight the need for additional action.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2015-12-04

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like the FBI are not struggling to find a motive.

The F.B.I. has begun treating its inquiry as a counterterrorism investigation, two law enforcement officials said Thursday. The suspects’ extensive arsenal, their recent Middle East travels and evidence that one had been in touch with people with Islamist extremist views, both in the United States and abroad, all contributed to the decision to refocus the investigation.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fbi-treats-san-bernardino-attack-as-possible-terrorism-case/ar-AAfYDHC?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=DELLDHP

Remember folks, there is 20 shopping days left until Christmas.

Make sure you stock up with shorts, longs, 1000's of rounds of ammunition and at least 12 pipe bombs.

And make sure you only attend Happy Holiday Parties and not Happy Christmas Parties. Could be the difference between life and death.

The fact that he was driving the SUV while his wife was shooting at the police with a complicated high caliber assault rifle means she was not just another ordinary house wife.

Did she push him towards jihad? And why did they target where he worked rather than an actual target for "terrorism"?

This is why there is an unclear motive as it is not your average mass shooting.

Jihad : If it wasn't for the cop who initiated the shootout with this SUV we could have been looking at another Paris incident here.

Really? And why did nothing happen in the intervening FOUR HOURS between the original shooting and the stopping of the SUV?

It is also "possible" that Obama has lost the plot. How could this not be terrorism?

Ever heard the term "going postal"? Coined in America (of course) it refers to workers losing the plot and going berserk. Why can't this be that?

That to me would be turning up with a gun a going berserk. Pipe bombs suggest some preperation and planning.

Why make something so obvious, so difficult. The motive is islam.

Obvious to a jaidam person, perhaps. Not so obvious, whether you are pro-Muslim, pro-Israel, pro-America, or pro-whatever, if you have intelligence you would not jump to conclusions.

Going postal is still a viable option to consider. Mental illness is still a viable option to consider. Losing one's temper at repeated racial slurs from co-workers is still an option to consider....especially if there are jaidam rednecks in the workplace.

It is also "possible" that Obama has lost the plot. How could this not be terrorism?

Ever heard the term "going postal"? Coined in America (of course) it refers to workers losing the plot and going berserk. Why can't this be that?

That to me would be turning up with a gun a going berserk. Pipe bombs suggest some preperation and planning.

Does "going postal" connote only impetuous actions and no premeditation? I think not, but even if I'm wrong on the semantics of the term, what IS the term for premeditated workplace violence, which is what I'm suggesting as one possibility.

And don't get me wrong....I was the FIRST to suggest Islamist terrorism when the story broke, but my suggestion was rightly deleted in the early hours of the story as being too speculative.

It depends on your definition of terrorism and you know this. You are smarter than that statement.

Because it isn't terrorism as defined by the most common accepted definition if it was done for personal reasons which it's looking like may be the case. I'll bet these people have no connection to ISIS or any terrorist group. I'll bet this was for some personal reason about some perceived wrong done to them. Were people terrorized, hell yes, so if that is your definition I can't argue with you.

If it is terrorism, then all mass murders need to be classed as terrorism, but I personal divide mass murders done by people wanting to kill as many innocent Western people as possible, people they have no knowledge of or connection to, as true terrorism such as in Paris or Timothy McVeigh. People who kill for personal reasons such as Columbine are just mass murders done by deranged people who feel someone or something has done them wrong.

On the other hand, with names like this couple I would bet pretty heavy they were Muslim and were following the Muslim way of assuaging their anger by killing innocent people and in that way it is terrorism, but again I doubt they will be found to be associated with any known terrorist group.

Edited by oneday

Does "going postal" connote only impetuous actions and no premeditation? I think not, but even if I'm wrong on the semantics of the term, what IS the term for premeditated workplace violence, which is what I'm suggesting as one possibility.

And don't get me wrong....I was the FIRST to suggest Islamist terrorism when the story broke, but my suggestion was rightly deleted in the early hours of the story as being too speculative.

Your first impression is no longer speculative. It is now the working hypothesis of the federal agencies that are investigating. While I don't think it has been released to the public the FBI has stated they have some kind of evidence that suggests the perpetrators had become "radicalized".

Why make something so obvious, so difficult. The motive is islam.

Obvious to a jaidam person, perhaps. Not so obvious, whether you are pro-Muslim, pro-Israel, pro-America, or pro-whatever, if you have intelligence you would not jump to conclusions.

Going postal is still a viable option to consider. Mental illness is still a viable option to consider. Losing one's temper at repeated racial slurs from co-workers is still an option to consider....especially if there are jaidam rednecks in the workplace.

Again we go through the boring dance moves. Just like after the Paris attacks, "there's no proof it was muslims, you are a racist and bigot for saying that migrants could have been responsible, etc etc" and then few hours or days later, of course there is proof that both early suggestions were true(of course!!!). You wish the guy was upset after a workplace argument but evidence shows he was a strict muslim, had a horde of weapons at home, and was in communication with other "strict muslims" abroad. If you really can't see how obvious this situation is, it must be through choosing not to.

Why is it necessary to put this in a box? It could be a combination of workplace violence and a radicalized religious nut.

Presumably, if it were solely workplace violence the investigation would be very narrow. If it were otherwise you would be looking at associations and networks and possible other future crimes. It's a pretty important distinction IMO.

Not sure why a workplace attacker would want to also target random innocent disabled people as well.

Going postal does not include significant premeditation, amassing a large arsenal, having matching tactical outfits for two, and renting a vehicle. There is nothing about this tragedy that implies one person " going postal". There is much that implies an otherwise normal person finding solace in a conservative interpretation of their religion, in this case the medeival Salafism promoted worldwide by the oil money of the Ibn Saud clan, allies of the United States and that other leader of American foreign policy King Howard the Baker.

I think the hysterical focus on the killers' religion based initially solely on the sound of their names reflects more on the fanatical bigotry of the posters

If the killers had been Christian, Hindu, Jewish, Buddhist, Zoroastrians, or Evangelical Atheists would we have had the same hatefest frenzy?

Take a look in the mirror. Is your madness any different from the perps?

I think the hysterical focus on the killers' religion based initially solely on the sound of their names reflects more on the fanatical bigotry of the posters

If the killers had been Christian, Hindu, Jewish, Buddhist, Zoroastrians, or Evangelical Atheists would we have had the same hatefest frenzy?

Take a look in the mirror. Is your madness any different from the perps?

Incidentally they were not what you describe as alternative possibilities.

Not my fault reality mismatch your ideals.

About 5,000 additional rounds, 12 pipe bomb-type explosive devices and bomb-making material were also found at the home the couple shared.

Much as the PC brigade (especially in the legacy media) will try to deny the reality, this was not just some disgruntled worker taking it out on colleagues.

"Nobody just gets upset at a party, goes home and puts together that kind of elaborate scheme," [san Bernardino police chief Jarrod] Burguan said.

Your first impression is no longer speculative. It is now the working hypothesis of the federal agencies that are investigating. While I don't think it has been released to the public the FBI has stated they have some kind of evidence that suggests the perpetrators had become "radicalized".

Yeah, I know. My last point was to ward of the redneck accusations that I support terrorism.

Lets see.

Long's, shorts, 1000's of rounds of ammo and 12 pipe bombs.

Always keep homemade IED's at home just in case you have a falling out at a party.

A man who has been working in the area said he noticed a half-dozen Middle Eastern men in the area in recent weeks, but decided not to report anything since he did not wish to racially profile those people.

“We sat around lunch thinking, ‘What were they doing around the neighborhood?'” he said. “We’d see them leave where they’re raiding the apartment.”

The above quote is taken from another thread.

It 100% exemplifies the rule '' Absence of the normal, presence of the abnormal ''

Keep looking for the smoke and mirrors, you wont find them.

The fact that he was driving the SUV while his wife was shooting at the police with a complicated high caliber assault rifle means she was not just another ordinary house wife.

Did she push him towards jihad? And why did they target where he worked rather than an actual target for "terrorism"?

This is why there is an unclear motive as it is not your average mass shooting.

I heard all the pipe bombs were to be used for blowing up gopher holes?