Yesterdays experience at immigration

BB1955

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, the current situation is : You go to the immigration on your own and they make it time consuming and difficult to get an extension, or you could go to the visa company, situated, conveniently, right next door to the immigration, pay extra money and get a visa extension quite easily .

So, the more problematic it become to get a visa extension, the more people whom go to get assistance from the Visa company situated right next door and the more money they make, the visa extension company , that is

Cool hand Luke.

post-246045-0-24903300-1449401167_thumb.

So, the current situation is : You go to the immigration on your own and they make it time consuming and difficult to get an extension, or you could go to the visa company, situated, conveniently, right next door to the immigration, pay extra money and get a visa extension quite easily .

So, the more problematic it become to get a visa extension, the more people whom go to get assistance from the Visa company situated right next door and the more money they make, the visa extension company , that is

You didnt finish your sentence;......."oops; and not forgetting the Immigrations 75% cut from that fee also"

Since I started using a Agent, I have had no problems an most my Visa worries disappeared over night.

They come to get my passport from my home for 90 day reports; they drop it off and everything is done. When I have to show up to Immigration or to get my work permit, I am told a time and it takes no more then 30 minutes for everything formal to be done. My work permit last week took no longer then 15 minutes to arrange for the next year. The Agent comes to my place, does everything for me in the comfort of my home. Cannot be easier.

For me, it is very simple. I do not mind paying for the service as it devoids me of all worries and when I walk past the guys sitting in the line and I am in an out in 30 minutes, well, that is the service I paid for. I never get asked for additional paper work as it is all done for me.

Cannot be easier. Money is meant to make life easier and in this case, it does. If you want to do it to save you a couple of thousand baht, so be it but I do not want worries and hassles anymore from Immigration and being up at 4.30am to be in line as I have done it one time to many in the past just being a cheap charlie.

I am here to enjoy myself and if it costs, so be it.

I see you are new here so you may be excused. It is no more time consuming than it was at the Airport. At the Airport they had two officers handling it now they have one at the Airport and one at Promenada. If it is more time consuming that is because more people have moved to Chiang Mai. At the Airport people were told to come back tomorrow same as what is happening at the Promenada. The only negative difference now is you can not get your passport back as fast as you could at the airport.

All the whining you are hearing is about the same thing that was happening at the airport except some people have to go farther to get it. It is no more difficult to get than it has been for years with the exception because Chiang Mai is such a great place to live more people are coming here hence more people at immigration so the time factor comes into play. If the 3,000 baht the agent next door charges you there are other ones no where near there that you can pay 5,000 and 5,500 baht at. No body is twisting your arm to go next door. m

The marriage one can be iffy they do come up with some of the wall ideas.

But the normal one is the same. You are going to hear people crying about no more on line appointments. They will not mention that there was only 1 out of 5 getting it and you had to be lucky to get it. One poster said he had two computers going at 1 second after midnight on the first eligible day to get it and he could not get through on one of them. You can imagine what it would be like 50 people trying to get 10 spots at the same time on their computer.

I see you are new here so you may be excused. It is no more time consuming than it was at the Airport. At the Airport they had two officers handling it now they have one at the Airport and one at Promenada. If it is more time consuming that is because more people have moved to Chiang Mai. At the Airport people were told to come back tomorrow same as what is happening at the Promenada. The only negative difference now is you can not get your passport back as fast as you could at the airport.

Complete BS!

They can do as many as they want in one day.

5 minutes for each extension.

They have a deliberate 'go slow' policy, in order to 'persuade' you to use a VISA agent.

That is the one and only reason for all the game playing at CM.

It's all about corruption and making money under the table.

Except that the visa company you refer to is gone.

I see you are new here so you may be excused. ..

He's probably been here 10 years longer than you.....

Complete BS!

They can do as many as they want in one day.

5 minutes for each extension.

They have a deliberate 'go slow' policy, in order to 'persuade' you to use a VISA agent.

That is the one and only reason for all the game playing at CM.

It's all about corruption and making money under the table.

I agree 100% with MaeJoMTB; and I'm not new here or need to be excused. After experiencing the efficient professional service provided by both Jomtien and Chiang Rai Immigration I know what can be accomplished if CM Immigration seriously wanted to accomplish it. It's hard to believe that we still have apologists for both CM Immigration and their front organization G4T. Following is what I wrote in this thread way back on page 1: "It's obvious that CM Immigration is purposely making the experience bad so that farangs will pay to make things easier. G4T is so convenient, surprise surprise & can do an extension anytime. 500 THB for what should be a free timely resident certificate. A year ago I thought it was extreme administrative incompetence. How wrong I was. It's all on purpose."

That visa company is still very much there

All the whining you are hearing is about the same thing that was happening at the airport except some people have to go farther to get it. It is no more difficult to get than it has been for years with the exception because Chiang Mai is such a great place to live more people are coming here hence more people at immigration so the time factor comes into play. If the 3,000 baht the agent next door charges you there are other ones no where near there that you can pay 5,000 and 5,500 baht at. No body is twisting your arm to go next door. m

But the normal one is the same. You are going to hear people crying about no more on line appointments. They will not mention that there was only 1 out of 5 getting it and you had to be lucky to get it. One poster said he had two computers going at 1 second after midnight on the first eligible day to get it and he could not get through on one of them. You can imagine what it would be like 50 people trying to get 10 spots at the same time on their computer.

What`s your take on the subject? How would you like to see this run in realistic terms?

My 2 bahts worth for the Promenada.

Increase the retirement extension slots to 30 a day that gives everyone a fighting chance.

People with incomplete paperwork not to be served and told to return when they have everything in order.

First timers, the very elderly and the people not sure of the requirements involved to be encouraged to use an agency for their own comfort and peace of mind.

No attacks on the agencies, people should have the options of going the fast track route of using an agency of their choice or enduring a long uncomfortable wait at the zoo.

Cease with 90 day reporting at the Promenada. Make a more efficient online 90 day report service and continue with the posting options that would free up officers for other immigration services.

Agree, the online service was never very efficient. It has to be all or nothing. Either make 30 slots available per working day with appointments for attending immigration eliminating the need for queue numbers altogether or nothing at all. The overflow to use an agency and the people not capable of making appointments online, again to use an agency, which means there would be winners and losers but it`s the only way I can see for solving the problem, because being realistic it is obvious that immigration don`t care and will not make efforts for our convenience.

Openly accusing immigration of corruption and cheating on Thai Visa is a bad idea, it will only make matters worse because there is government bureaucracy to be dealt with and has to have a diplomatic approach. I doubt my suggestions will ever become a reality, but we never know maybe one of them is looking in and may take note.

Really? I was at the Prom for dinner about a week ago and the office was cleaned out; all signs gone.

Really? I was at the Prom for dinner about a week ago and the office was cleaned out; all signs gone.

Funny I was there last Tuesday to do my 90 day and they were still there. Even had there name on the door. The lady who is doing it was sitting out side at a table. I talked to her and she said they were waiting for furniture. The problem might be that they are not next door they are down a few doors.

What`s your take on the subject? How would you like to see this run in realistic terms?

Increase the retirement extension slots to 30 a day that gives everyone a fighting chance.

People with incomplete paperwork not to be served and told to return when they have everything in order.

First timers, the very elderly and the people not sure of the requirements involved to be encouraged to use an agency for their own comfort and peace of mind.

No attacks on the agencies, people should have the options of going the fast track route of using an agency of their choice or enduring a long uncomfortable wait at the zoo.

Cease with 90 day reporting at the Promenada. Make a more efficient online 90 day report service and continue with the posting options that would free up officers for other immigration services.

Agree, the online service was never very efficient. It has to be all or nothing. Either make 30 slots available per working day with appointments for attending immigration eliminating the need for queue numbers altogether or nothing at all. The overflow to use an agency and the people not capable of making appointments online, again to use an agency, which means there would be winners and losers but it`s the only way I can see for solving the problem, because being realistic it is obvious that immigration don`t care and will not make efforts for our convenience.

Openly accusing immigration of corruption and cheating on Thai Visa is a bad idea, it will only make matters worse because there is government bureaucracy to be dealt with and has to have a diplomatic approach. I doubt my suggestions will ever become a reality, but we never know maybe one of them is looking in and may take note.

I think with the on line appointments they were getting 5 a day at the Promenada and 5 at the airport for a total of 25 at Promenada. Just a guess on the distribution. To be honest with you I think just one more at the extension desk with the power to sign the passports would solve the yearly extension.

Yes it would be nice if every one could make an appointment on line. But that would defiantly need them to control the amount of time they spend with each person. All so some sort of arrangement for a walk in. At first there would still be a lot of them. But after a while it would be well known. The other ones I have no idea how they are working or not working. I had to get a permission to reenter the country one time and it went so so. Was not there that long but that was before they had the microphone and the fellow would just come out side and holler kind of. Would be nice if they had the displays to show what number they are working on also.

I personally do not have a problem because my wife goes with me. But I am sure I am not the only one there with poor hearing. With out her I would always be looking at the Queue number on the desk.

I think with the on line appointments they were getting 5 a day at the Promenada and 5 at the airport for a total of 25 at Promenada. Just a guess on the distribution. To be honest with you I think just one more at the extension desk with the power to sign the passports would solve the yearly extension.

Yes it would be nice if every one could make an appointment on line. But that would defiantly need them to control the amount of time they spend with each person. All so some sort of arrangement for a walk in. At first there would still be a lot of them. But after a while it would be well known. The other ones I have no idea how they are working or not working. I had to get a permission to reenter the country one time and it went so so. Was not there that long but that was before they had the microphone and the fellow would just come out side and holler kind of. Would be nice if they had the displays to show what number they are working on also.

I personally do not have a problem because my wife goes with me. But I am sure I am not the only one there with poor hearing. With out her I would always be looking at the Queue number on the desk.

Yes, there are many simple solutions they could undertake to make the procedures better for us, but they are not listening or doing them. And as more Farlangs move into the city to make it their home the situation can only get worse, for us that is.

It stinks and we can only hope that there will be improvements in the foreseeable future, but for the meantime I cannot be very optimistic.

Cyberfarang, Northernjohn,

Are you guys aware there is a box at the bottom of the page "Reply to this topic" where you can type a few lines without reposting a whole screen full of the prior stuff.

Please try it and save us a lot of scrolling. Thanks.

I took a friend to immigration a few days ago. They are beside the copy shop and on the window it says "G4T Cafe"

Not a coffee in sight but a steady stream of people going in/out doing visa stuff.

Really is a nonsense post.. Its no more time consuming, except for the fact there loads more people.. Which makes it much more time consuming.

And getting online appointments was trivial, I got one every time I tried to get one, looking in the first 5 minutes after midnight.. Hell I even got one the early am when I looked. Yes you needed to be aware of your 100 day window and 30 days pre application.. You needed to use your brain, wait until the week before and no they were booked. But getting an online queue if you had an ounce of sense was simple.

Are you guys aware there is a box at the bottom of the page "Reply to this topic" where you can type a few lines without reposting a whole screen full of the prior stuff.

It was Northernjohn, he made me do it, I was only following orders.

Really is a nonsense post.. Its no more time consuming, except for the fact there loads more people.. Which makes it much more time consuming.

And getting online appointments was trivial, I got one every time I tried to get one, looking in the first 5 minutes after midnight.. Hell I even got one the early am when I looked. Yes you needed to be aware of your 100 day window and 30 days pre application.. You needed to use your brain, wait until the week before and no they were booked. But getting an online queue if you had an ounce of sense was simple.

Yep, first time, every time. Had to double check my 800,000 was seasoned.

No I was not aware of that.

I tried the Attach files box also the browse box and the clear selection. nothing. Would greatly appreciate the information. I admit it I often feel guilty on the longer post's.

No I was not aware of that.

I tried the Attach files box also the browse box and the clear selection. nothing. Would greatly appreciate the information. I admit it I often feel guilty on the longer post's.

Don't fret about the "Scroll Troll", except for really long posts & oversized photos.....

Please read my post before you reply.

It is no more difficult to get than it has been for years with the exception because Chiang Mai is such a great place to live more people are coming here hence more people at immigration so the time factor comes into play.

While you are at it explain I why it is not trivial. If it was so easy why did not a lot more people use it. Simple answer only 1 out of 5 could make an appointment.

Like the one man said he had two computers at 12:001 and only one got through.

Please read my post before you reply.

It is no more difficult to get than it has been for years with the exception because Chiang Mai is such a great place to live more people are coming here hence more people at immigration so the time factor comes into play.

While you are at it explain I why it is not trivial. If it was so easy why did not a lot more people use it. Simple answer only 1 out of 5 could make an appointment.

Like the one man said he had two computers at 12:001 and only one got through.

Everyone I've spoken to about it, always got an appointment.

Why is this not in the immigration thread? Is there something radically different here I should wade through all this to find?

The pinned Immigration thread is only/mainly about Immigration at Promenada, I think.

This thread was about Immigration at the Old Office (Airport) and then it branched out to deal with other topics as well.

Hi - does all this business about needing to arrive at 4am apply to someone who just wants an extension to a 60 day tourist visa? If so, can anyone recommend an agent who could do it please? I have a back problem and there's no way I can stand in a line that long.

Hi - does all this business about needing to arrive at 4am apply to someone who just wants an extension to a 60 day tourist visa? If so, can anyone recommend an agent who could do it please? I have a back problem and there's no way I can stand in a line that long.

It depends on how busy they are on the day .

You could try going down there a week before your Visa expires , on a day other then a Monday or a Friday , and seeing whether you can get an extension, if they are busy, you could ask the Visa company a few doors away to get it done

Archived