One more 'last warning' issued to Surin jet-skis

webfact

One more 'last warning' issued to Surin jet-skis
Phuket Gazette

1_2015124105548187_GRnrbXyInWEYcdtHLGTOO

PHUKET: -- As part of a long line of ‘last-time’ threats, the Marine Office Region 5 acting chief vowed yesterday that if jet-skis are spotted at Surin Beach again, the operators will have their licences revoked.

“I am aware that four jet-skis were spotted at Surin Beach yesterday. The operators are allowed to rent the jet-skis at Bang Tao Beach, but they must not be taken to Surin,” said Phuripat Theerakulpisut, who was recently promoted from Phuket Marine chief to the acting head of Region 5.

“I spoke to the operators and made it clear that there would be consequences if the jet-skis were spotted at Surin again.”

In May, Mr Phuriphat investigated reports and photographic evidence of jet-ski touts allegedly bringing the machines onto Surin Beach, as well as allowing them to be driven dangerously close to swimmers (story here).

Despite the men in the pictures appearing to be jet-ski touts, the operators claimed that those who appeared on Surin Beach were in fact tourists.

Full story: https://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/One-last-warning-issued-Surin-jetskis/62524?desktopversion#ad-image-0

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2015-12-04

Old Phuriphat must be such a good earner that it is impossible for him to get transferred, moved or otherwise let go no matter how many deaths, accidents and warnings are given out. He is simply irreplaceable.

Old Phuriphat promoted..........

Long-time supporter of the Phuket jet-ski industry, Phuket Marine Chief Phuripat Theerakulpisut was promoted to acting director of the Marine Office Region 5 on October 1.

“I will continue to serve as the Phuket Marine chief,” Mr Phuripat confirmed yesterday. “As I am manning both positions, I now take care of six provinces: Phuket, Phang Nga, Krabi, Trang, Ranong and Satun.”

The winner takes it allwhistling.gif

Old Phuriphat must be such a good earner that it is impossible for him to get transferred, moved or otherwise let go no matter how many deaths, accidents and warnings are given out. He is simply irreplaceable.

Old Phuriphat promoted..........

Long-time supporter of the Phuket jet-ski industry, Phuket Marine Chief Phuripat Theerakulpisut was promoted to acting director of the Marine Office Region 5 on October 1.

“I will continue to serve as the Phuket Marine chief,” Mr Phuripat confirmed yesterday. “As I am manning both positions, I now take care of six provinces: Phuket, Phang Nga, Krabi, Trang, Ranong and Satun.”

The winner takes it allwhistling.gif

From Capo to boss..............