Christmas in Phuket

cryan

Rawa beach hotel is a good venue for accommodation, in particular the bottom floor rooms, which have a " plung pool" type of arrangement connected to the main pool, where the pool bar is located, as are other tourists to talk to, thus getting their opinion on the various activities available ( rawai is at the southern most end of the island, sand there is also local Thai markets, which should be visited at least once) , and I believe it's relatively cheap for a holiday.

Of course, there is no beach, other than a manicured sand patch leading into the pool from the shallow end, which is great for the young uns.

But you must remember that Thailand has no laws governing pool fences, you don't need them here, and yes, people do occasionally drown

The Rawai area is popular with expats, and you will find more bars without the customary hookers competing for your business ( although thery are definitely there, and a part of the local color) and there are a multitude of restaurants serving both cheap Thai food, all the way thru to expensive fare.

Thai massage parlors, both happy and conventional, are easy to find, (even massages by the blind, which are cheaper than the norm and a community welfare actt to boot) as are tourist information centers ( the hotel can arrange tours, but these are usually more expensive than taking the information to a private tour company)

Rawai is also connected to the Kata/ Karon tourist center ( for the south east of Phuket) where there is nice beach sand plenty of shopping and restaurants, by a beautiful and scenic road that winds around the hills on that side of the coast.... I often ride that road, just for the ride ( but do try to avoid kata hill, and the hill leading into patong

However, because of its isolation,, which some like ( very very low probability of terrorists) you will need to hire a Scooter ( which most tourists do... Don't ever relinquish your passport ) to maintain independence.....

Alternatively, you can rent a large variety of villas or houses, which a lot of returnees utilize.

Of course,, this is only my opinion ( and I have recommended it to a lot of friend who always speak positly of the Venue ). So others from different areas may well have better advise

Note well Ride bikes very defensively, as it takes some time to get a grip on the craziness that happens on most roads, and don't be afraid to barter, remembering also that Thailand runs on the tipping system, as local wages are generally very low

If you have already booked a venue ( hopefully not in the center of patong) then this recommendation is redundant, although some of the advise is critical to your safety

And also, Xmas dinner at the nearby area of nai harn is always entertaining, with its attendant fireworks,, both professionally done ( by Thai standards, which are admittedly somewhat laxidasical) and buying your own to ignite is also possible

I hope this helps

Rawa beach hotel is a good venue for accommodation, in particular the bottom floor rooms, which have a " plung pool" type of arrangement connected to the main pool, where the pool bar is located, as are other tourists to talk to, thus getting their opinion on the various activities available ( rawai is at the southern most end of the island, sand there is also local Thai markets, which should be visited at least once) , and I believe it's relatively cheap for a holiday.

Of course, there is no beach, other than a manicured sand patch leading into the pool from the shallow end, which is great for the young uns.

But you must remember that Thailand has no laws governing pool fences, you don't need them here, and yes, people do occasionally drown

The Rawai area is popular with expats, and you will find more bars without the customary hookers competing for your business ( although thery are definitely there, and a part of the local color) and there are a multitude of restaurants serving both cheap Thai food, all the way thru to expensive fare.

Thai massage parlors, both happy and conventional, are easy to find, (even massages by the blind, which are cheaper than the norm and a community welfare actt to boot) as are tourist information centers ( the hotel can arrange tours, but these are usually more expensive than taking the information to a private tour company)

Rawai is also connected to the Kata/ Karon tourist center ( for the south east of Phuket) where there is nice beach sand plenty of shopping and restaurants, by a beautiful and scenic road that winds around the hills on that side of the coast.... I often ride that road, just for the ride ( but do try to avoid kata hill, and the hill leading into patong

However, because of its isolation,, which some like ( very very low probability of terrorists) you will need to hire a Scooter ( which most tourists do... Don't ever relinquish your passport ) to maintain independence.....

Alternatively, you can rent a large variety of villas or houses, which a lot of returnees utilize.

Of course,, this is only my opinion ( and I have recommended it to a lot of friend who always speak positly of the Venue ). So others from different areas may well have better advise

Note well Ride bikes very defensively, as it takes some time to get a grip on the craziness that happens on most roads, and don't be afraid to barter, remembering also that Thailand runs on the tipping system, as local wages are generally very low

If you have already booked a venue ( hopefully not in the center of patong) then this recommendation is redundant, although some of the advise is critical to your safety

Well youv'e sorted where he can go for his christmas dinner with that post ???

Did you even read the OP ???

Terrorists maybe everywhere. No matter if you are in Paris, London, Idaho or Phuket. So relaxe and enjoy your life till your time is over and the reaper knocks your door. By the way what a perfect weather we have today here on Phuket!

And also, Xmas dinner at the nearby area of nai harn is always entertaining, with its attendant fireworks,, both professionally done ( by Thai standards, which are admittedly somewhat laxidasical) and buying your own to ignite is also possible

I hope this helps

Tex Mex in Nai Harn has a good, all you can eat buffet. All the food types you could want for Christmas dinner. The Thanksgicing buffet was a success. Cost is 550 baht and worth it.

I hope this helps

Tex Mex in Nai Harn has a good, all you can eat buffet. All the food types you could want for Christmas dinner. The Thanksgicing buffet was a success. Cost is 550 baht and worth it.

The buffet was a succes, the marketing was a failure. I drive by them several times a day never saw a thing. It's possible I was complacent. I heard it was good last year also (again after the fact).

Good news is I was able to find an artificial Christmas Tree here in the tropics. Not an easy task.

post-200208-0-95577200-1449486377_thumb.

These are the jokes folks....