Leicester City FC

jellydog

But surely it is mathematically possible for Leicester to finish fourth with Man City inside the top four and a Liverpool Euro win nudging out fourth place. Or have the rules changed since Chelsea barged Spurs out such that five places can now go to any one nation?

Pretty irrelevant really - Leicester are 99% certain of not sinking below 2nd and 95% certain to take the title now. What happens if English teams sweep up the european cups would become of potentially great interest to Arsenal and possibly Manchester United and (remotely) to Spurs and West Ham.

Spain had 5 teams in this season's Champions League following Seviila's triumph in the Europa League last season. However, they lost a Europa League place this season as a result.

http://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/news/newsid=2249541.html

Should teams trying to win the Premier League prioritise their attack or defence?

Manchester City won the league in 2014 by outscoring opponents and Chelsea triumphed last year by relying on their defence, but Claudio Ranieris genius has been to build a lead using one tactic and then keep it by using another approach

http://www.theguardian.com/football/who-scored-blog/2016/apr/12/premier-league-leicester-city-attack-defence-sport

• Like 1

But surely it is mathematically possible for Leicester to finish fourth with Man City inside the top four and a Liverpool Euro win nudging out fourth place. Or have the rules changed since Chelsea barged Spurs out such that five places can now go to any one nation?

Pretty irrelevant really - Leicester are 99% certain of not sinking below 2nd and 95% certain to take the title now. What happens if English teams sweep up the european cups would become of potentially great interest to Arsenal and possibly Manchester United and (remotely) to Spurs and West Ham.

Liverpool looks most likely...Citeh are up against the wall with those three.

Ridiculous sending off of Vardy I thought. Not a penalty at the other end for West Ham. Bone headed Carroll saves the day.

I thought the yellow was right. He tried to con the ref and made it too obvious.

Both penalties were dubious, but Leicesters was a joke. Just evening up.

Ridiculous sending off of Vardy I thought. Not a penalty at the other end for West Ham. Bone headed Carroll saves the day.

I thought the yellow was right. He tried to con the ref and made it too obvious.

Vaedy went down pretty easy under contact but there was contact to be sure. For me a true dive warranting a booking in the area should be with next to no contact. Otherwise there's too much subjectivity involved and the price (particularly when you've already been booked) is too dear. I'd wager most refs would not have booked Vardy in that situation and been right in not doing so.

Just my take on it. I'm not supporting simulation, in the box or out.

• Like 1

Vaedy went down pretty easy under contact but there was contact to be sure. For me a true dive warranting a booking in the area should be with next to no contact. Otherwise there's too much subjectivity involved and the price (particularly when you've already been booked) is too dear. I'd wager most refs would not have booked Vardy in that situation and been right in not doing so.

He initiated the contact himself. He knew Ogbonna was there, so he swerved into him and tangled his legs up with him.

He initiated the contact himself. He knew Ogbonna was there, so he swerved into him and tangled his legs up with him.

That's exactly what he did. He was a on a yellow. Took a gamble.

Tough titties.

Moss got that one right.

The penalties however.... no consistency whatsoever and it was definitely no foul by Andy Carroll.

vardy has been charged with improper conduct by the FA. maybe 'they' are out to get the smaller clubs after all. ridiculous decision this, laughably inconsistent.

Tend to agree but then again if you point your finger at the ref and call him a "f*****g c***t" then you really are heading straight for a suspension.

Ultimately, poor inconsistent refereeeing and lack of player discipline.

• Like 1

vardy has been charged with improper conduct by the FA. maybe 'they' are out to get the smaller clubs after all. ridiculous decision this, laughably inconsistent.

Tend to agree but then again if you point your finger at the ref and call him a "f*****g c***t" then you really are heading straight for a suspension.

yeah i've no love or sympathy for vardy really - and being on a yellow he shouldn't have gone over like he did and then sworn at the referee - but i can think of one england forward in particular who has spent his career screaming abuse at referees and never been punished for it. yes, you wayne.

just seems a hell of a time for the referees to go changing their minds about infringements they've let go all season. sort of thing that does make fans paranoid.

• Like 1

yeah i've no love or sympathy for vardy really - and being on a yellow he shouldn't have gone over like he did and then sworn at the referee - but i can think of one england forward in particular who has spent his career screaming abuse at referees and never been punished for it. yes, you wayne.

just seems a hell of a time for the referees to go changing their minds about infringements they've let go all season. sort of thing that does make fans paranoid.

As Paul Hayward, i think tweeted; "only thing consistent this season is inconsistency"

Ranieri should also take note here because whilst they will probably win the league, at this stage of the season you need discipline and it wasn't there.

As Paul Hayward, i think tweeted; "only thing consistent this season is inconsistency"

Ranieri should also take note here because whilst they will probably win the league, at this stage of the season you need discipline and it wasn't there.

i sympathise with the players regarding that, the pressure must be enormous when you're out in front like that. and they don't really have any old heads who've seen and done it all to calm them down out on the pitch - other than ranieri himself really.

be a shame to see them crash and burn now because it would be a proper devon loch - but spurs are really breathing down their neck.

I've listened to Leicester players and Ranieri saying they don't feel any pressure.

They wouldn't be human if they wern't on a knife edge. You could see that in the body language last weekend.

The refereeing was poor but also the beahviour of the players diving, arm wrestling,headlocks ,holding shirts etc is cheating and when will the authorities do something about it? When a referee has up to half a dozen wrestles going on at the one time at a corner what is he supposed to do ? eenee , meenee, minee, mo ?

Outside the box would be a yellow card all day.Its totally ruining the game and making it a lottery.

An automatic yellow card, on any part of the pitch, would get rid of it and the current fiasco is obviously ok with managers otherwise they would instruct their players not to do it ,just concede goals and the game.

spurs are just where they were a few weeks ago again, and only 4 games to go

Thats very true. But, Spurs are full of swagger and momentum and you lads are looking increasingly vulnerable.

That said, and i posted this earlier, i do think you will probably hold on with the current lead you have but Spurs look like running you all the way.

As always, the team that finishes top after thirty-eight games will be the worthy champions.

Can't see Swansea getting anything next weekend.

Do what EUFA do: Put an official behind the goal.

And just what do the officials on the goal line offer, not a lot from what I've seen. They cant even really on them seeing the ball cross the goal line; goal line technology is better for that. Edited by Bredbury Blue

Come on you Spurs.

Never thought I would ever say that as a West Ham supporter.

Following the Leicester thugs attack on the West Ham owners and families in front of the so called Leicester security on Sunday.

Who wants this bunch of pikeys to win the BPL?

Not me.

Come on you Spurs.

Following the Leicester thugs attack on the West Ham owners and families in front of the so called Leicester security on Sunday.

Not me.

Oh come on! I can understand a little bitterness after Sunday. I often feel it. But I would rather WW3 break out than see Spurs win the title. That's an appalling thought.

• Like 1

Come on you Spurs.

Not me.

Oh come on! I can understand a little bitterness after Sunday. I often feel it. But I would rather WW3 break out than see Spurs win the title. That's an appalling thought.

Next season won't be much fun for you then. Not sure what you expect kane and Ali to be doing, but I've got a sneaking suspicion our goals plus will give you a clue :D .

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Come on you Spurs.

Not me.

Next season won't be much fun for you then. Not sure what you expect kane and Ali to be doing, but I've got a sneaking suspicion our goals plus will give you a clue biggrin.png .

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Spurs have been the best team in the league since christmas. Bar a nasty spate of injuries nothing suggests that will change what with other teams rebuilding, new management ect. Just seems logical in my book