Leicester City FC

jellydog

Was trying to explain to the wife last night the magnitude of Leicester's achievement this season (whether they win the Premier or not), that most of their players are well known premier players but last summer there's probably not one of them you'd want in your team - they were all basically journeyman pros - but somehow they've put together these average joes to make an awesome TEAM. A lesson and inspiration for all footballers there.

Of course if they do win it will all be down to Thailand.

coffee1.gif

have noticed a few leicester shirts springing up in chiang mai recently. don't blame them at all to be honest.

• Like 1

yeah they look nearly there don't they. ranieri's been an absolute model of dignity and professionalism through all this. hugely impressive.

Yes no Keegan style meltdown for him!

All Spurs can keep on doing is banking three points and hope Man Utd do us a favour.....then we'll see how they cope with the pressure.

yeah they look nearly there don't they. ranieri's been an absolute model of dignity and professionalism through all this. hugely impressive.

Yes no Keegan style meltdown for him!

All Spurs can keep on doing is banking three points and hope Man Utd do us a favour.....then we'll see how they cope with the pressure.

Meanwhile Leicester will be hoping Chelski and Soton do them a favour.

I hope it's not decided until the last day.

(Well unless it's for Leicester, obviously).

biggrin.png

Was trying to explain to the wife last night the magnitude of Leicester's achievement this season (whether they win the Premier or not), that most of their players are well known premier players but last summer there's probably not one of them you'd want in your team - they were all basically journeyman pros - but somehow they've put together these average joes to make an awesome TEAM. A lesson and inspiration for all footballers there.

And all wanabee MASSIVE clubs wai2.gif

There was a hint in Popbitch over the weekend that Leicester were so focused on the relegation clauses in Ranieri's contract that they didn't object to the "winning the league" clause that was put in there.

No other details unfortunately, but it would be hilarious if it were true.

biggrin.png

And all wanabee MASSIVE clubs wai2.gif

Surely "...and all clubs" would suffice.

Although dying to See LCFC clinch the Premiership, I think if they had won last night, in a way it would have been a travesty of justice with Vardy not on the field.

nah. they've been incredibly lucky with player availability all season. and vardy seems like a berk anyway.

Although dying to See LCFC clinch the Premiership, I think if they had won last night, in a way it would have been a travesty of justice with Vardy not on the field.

nah. they've been incredibly lucky with player availability all season. and vardy seems like a berk anyway.

He is currently the second top scorer in the EPL, his goals must have helped Leicester to where they are. However I personally do not believe he gave away a penalty against the ?Hammers, but his reaction to the referee was a trifle "burnish"

He is currently the second top scorer in the EPL, his goals must have helped Leicester to where they are. However I personally do not believe he gave away a penalty against the ?Hammers, but his reaction to the referee was a trifle "burnish"

He didn't "give away a penalty". He cheated to try and get one.

He didn't "give away a penalty". He cheated to try and get one.

is right. he reaped what he sowed. if he misses the match when they clinch the title he's only himself to blame.

That was yesterday, he's back for next one against Everton, so he won't be missing it

If Chelsea win tonight Vardy and his team mates and most of Leicester will be hitting the piss hard and not giving a toss if he doesn't play until August

Edited by BangrakBob

That was yesterday, he's back for next one against Everton, so he won't be missing it

If Chelsea win tonight Vardy and his team mates and most of Leicester will be hitting the piss hard and not giving a toss if he doesn't play until August

No, I think they'll have a quiet night and be hard at training tomorrow morning.

Probably.

No, I think they'll have a quiet night and be hard at training tomorrow morning.

Probably.

Hahahahaaaa right.

Great, at last, and it gives hope to the other smaller teams, if we can do it so can they. 5000-1 outsiders must be the biggest sporting upset ever, can't think of anything else winning at those odds. looking forward to Gary in his pants on MOTD next!