Leicester City FC

jellydog

Outgoing Manchester City head coach Manuel Pellegrini believes Leicester City will not be able to maintain their place at the top of the English football for long because they do not have enough money.

"I do not think Leicester being top is a lesson. They are a very well-organised team with very few injuries," Pellegrini was quoted as saying by Spanish daily El Mundo."They have great merit, but I do not think they will remain at the top for eight or 10 years. All big teams have money at their base. What Leicester have done, I think, is similar to what we did with Villarreal when we finished second in La Liga in 2007-08."

Great, at last, and it gives hope to the other smaller teams, if we can do it so can they. 5000-1 outsiders must be the biggest sporting upset ever, can't think of anything else winning at those odds. looking forward to Gary in his pants on MOTD next!

The bookmakers will be doing cart wheels. Well done Leicester and old man Claudio.

Ive previously never felt the need to comment on any other thread than my own teams, until today.

Congratulations LCFC. What an achievement. The last time there was a first time winner of the top league was 38 years ago.

Very special team and great manager. Super Claudio[emoji170][emoji170]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

All those premier league superstars on 150K a week must be feeling rather stupid and inadequate right about now.

Good job LC.

you think? i rather doubt it myself.

prefer thinking that the owners who lash unfettered money at signings, wages and agents fees are wondering why their expensive operations flopped so badly this season.

• Like 1

Interesting opinions for next season with Man City being very short priced clear favorites across the board, followed by Chelsea, Arsenal and Man U. Then comes Spurs followed by Liverpool. Leicester 33/1 and stoneyboy is having a bundle on the hammers at 150/1.

Afraid this is only in UK though, as there is no betting allowed in Thailand.

Still NEVER seen a Leicester supporter (someone wearing a Leicester shirt) in Thailand.Just saying.

And never likely to...stuck behind a computer all day...You need to get out more.....just sayingthumbsup.gif

Still NEVER seen a Leicester supporter (someone wearing a Leicester shirt) in Thailand.Just saying.

Seen 4 this week already and I live out in the sticks

aye. seen a bunch in chiang mai and particularly sunday when they were playing united.

(i don't think bredbury blue really lives in thailand. he's stuck in a bedsit in wythenshawe and dreaming of what might be)

Only telling as I see it StevieH.

Wythie...steady on.

And never likely to...stuck behind a computer all day...You need to get out more.....just sayingthumbsup.gif

...and you need to change the broken record. Try being interesting and civil with the folks on TV for a change, you might like it.

• Like 1

Seen 4 this week already and I live out in the sticks

aye. seen a bunch in chiang mai and particularly sunday when they were playing united.

(i don't think bredbury blue really lives in thailand. he's stuck in a bedsit in wythenshawe and dreaming of what might be)

Only telling as I see it StevieH.

Wythie...steady on.

Just asked the wife and kids have they EVER seen a thai wearing a Leicester shirt here IN THAILAND, [ ;-) ] -answer was a resounding NO.

Just asked my wife if she knows anyone who had a heart attack, a resounding NO, so I therefore assume nobody ever has one here!!

nooo can't seem to see one

likay.jpg

Edited by thai3
  • Like 2

Just asked my wife if she knows anyone who had a heart attack, a resounding NO, so I therefore assume nobody ever has one here!!

Just saying - in answer to all the media hype coming out these past months that thailand is in love with Leicester - that we've yet to see a thai wearing a leicester shirt in thailand (and most of our time is spent in densely populated provinces of Bangkok and Samut Prakarn).

^I see no analogy between my family's observation and your comment. From your photo - which I think you've posted before - you've seen 9 shirts then. Still not so impressive is it.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

^Reading a lot in to my comment aren't you. There may well be some thais wearing Leicester shirts as evidenced by your photo, but we haven't EVER seen any and as we live / travel in major conurbations, can only assume it's a few.

there's loads mate. have been since christmas. not sure what you're trying to achieve here.

• Like 1

^Reading a lot in to my comment aren't you. There may well be some thais wearing Leicester shirts as evidenced by your photo, but we haven't EVER seen any and as we live / travel in major conurbations, can only assume it's a few.

there's loads mate. have been since christmas. not sure what you're trying to achieve here.

Liverpool arent even in the arguing shiters

Is it true that the Thai owner flew in a bunch of monks in his private jet to bless the King Power stadium before the season started ? If true it could explain everything.

• Like 1

Liverpool arent even in the arguing shiters

and that's not even coherent english.

• Like 1