Pork sausage in Isaan

Pimay1

I think I saw that in the markets in Khon Kaen. There is an open air (but covered market) right around the town center (the name of the soi evades me now). They pretty much have everything you could get in Issan.

Don't know about sage though....but many different types of pork sausage both cooked and cured naturally available.

I dug thru my photos...this is the place I think that has it :

20150801_123622.jpg

Edited by tonray

I make it. I got lucky and found fresh sage at the Villa Market in Udon. The small lotus stores sell some nice lean minced pork. A little salt, sage and ground chili makes a nice sausage. Run the fresh sage through a food processer. Actually the food processor will make the sausage.

Possibly a large Makro might have sage but I've never seen it there.

Number 1 bar in Khon Kaen sell very good, Cumberland, Lincolnshire and premium pork sausages. They are 180 baht for a 6 pack (500g). They purchase them from an English run factory in BKK who have the ingredients (except the pork) sent from England. They supply many bars/restaurants in Khon Kaen. PM me if you want the contact details.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sausages can be different. Please have a look at TGM's website. I love their products:

http://www.tgm.co.th/tgm/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=9&Itemid=6

Quite possibly the worst pretend sausages in Thailand.

You have no idea what you're talking about. Have you ever tried the Nuernberger Bratwurst? Not much different to buying them in Germany.

They have fantastic sausages and if you dislike them, you've got no idea what good food really is.

Americans with their "white enriched bread", hot dogs, etc... then the Brits with their traditional and fatty Fish n' Chips, as their "National dish?

TGM has a wide variety of great sausages and if you don't like the taste, you must be used to junk food.

But me as German ( from lower Franconia, a real food paradise) guy discussing with an American/ Aussie/ Brit what good food should taste/look like, is pretty much insane.

I've eaten food from all around the world and I think I can judge what's good and what's terrible. Just had a chat with a Filipino who praised their foods, god I can't eat any of their stuff.

You're right, I'm wrong and that's fine.

Sausages can be different. Please have a look at TGM's website. I love their products:

http://www.tgm.co.th/tgm/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=9&Itemid=6

You have no idea what you're talking about. Have you ever tried the Nuernberger Bratwurst? Not much different to buying them in Germany.

They have fantastic sausages and if you dislike them, you've got no idea what good food really is.

Americans with their "white enriched bread", hot dogs, etc... then the Brits with their traditional and fatty Fish n' Chips, as their "National dish?

TGM has a wide variety of great sausages and if you don't like the taste, you must be used to junk food.

But me as German ( from lower Franconia, a real food paradise) guy discussing with an American/ Aussie/ Brit what good food should taste/look like, is pretty much insane.

I've eaten food from all around the world and I think I can judge what's good and what's terrible. Just had a chat with a Filipino who praised their foods, god I can't eat any of their stuff.

So just because someone disagrees with you they are wrong?

I can't say that I have had many "fatty fish and chips". There are many many fine places that cook this great dish very well.

There are a plethora of great dishes originating from Britain.

Just because people have different tastes doesn't make them insane.

You see the thing is the OP asked about real sausages with sage,the link you posted was the exact opposite of what the OP was enquiring about.

These pictured here are sausages.

post-118612-1453359503745_thumb.jpg

These pictured here are frankfurter hot dogs.

post-118612-14533595457832_thumb.jpg

Lostinisaan, I just went through the website you provided, and I couldn't find "Nuernburger Bratwurst" anywhere. I think perhaps the problem is what North Americans think of sausage, and what Germans may think of sausage. I clicked on their sausage section, and to be honest it was all junk, nothing there I consider as sausage, the products are what I would call hit dogs or wieners, not sausage. I clicked on their "Air dry sausage & ham" section, and again nothing there I would call sausage, however I have eaten both their Pepperoni, and their Italian Salami, and find them very good. Please give me a link to the Nuernburger Bratwurst, I would like to try some. A bratwurst I like is the Bucher Bratwurst, unfortunately it seems to be only in Macro Stores, which I do not get to, very often.