Why did the police close ChiangMai Saloon?

flyDelight

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Much the same way that people do not regard bargirls as prostitution .

Some people are quite boastful about their exploits with bargirls in Thailand .

Yet, not many back home boast about seeing prostitutes

In similar way to some who seem to think that having to buy a motorbike car and house to keep a Thai girl is not prostitution ! But i agree with your second sentence certainly not something to be boastful about.

In similar way to some who seem to think that having to buy a motorbike car and house to keep a Thai girl is not prostitution ! But i agree with your second sentence certainly not something to be boastful about.

Well it isnt really, is it ?

Prostitution is the selling of sex , on a hourly or nightly rate.

and a Thai gf is a monthly or yearly rate?

And a Thai wife is a gift from Heaven w00t.gif

>>And a Thai wife is a gift from Heaven w00t.gif<<

In my case yes.I did go through a lot of shanky Thai bar girls though before i met her .( in a bar ,but she was not a bar lady ).Been together 8 years now ,and 6 years married.

Many Females of all Nationalities the World over are stay at home Mothers , supported by their partners

Many Females of all Nationalities the World over are stay at home Mothers , supported by their partners

Genarally, the men who claim to have never paid for it; are usually the ones, who have paid the most.

In my case yes.I did go through a lot of shanky Thai bar girls though before i met her .( in a bar ,but she was not a bar lady ).Been together 8 years now ,and 6 years married.

There are exceptions to every rule. "I met her in a bar, but she was not a bar lady." Uh, okay. "Cashier" I guess?

"Why did the police close Chiang Mai Saloon," and "harass" other establishments? It could be the answer to the old saw: Why does a dog lick its balls?

I think there is often some pent up resentment and outright hatred of foreigners by Thais. In the past here, I have seen some foreigner get into a fight with a Thai (always a bad idea, no matter how much of a bad-ass you think you are) and suddenly, like blood in the water to sharks, other Thais come out of the woodwork to take a shot at the farang.

I wonder if the police aren't in a knock-on, dog-pile effect with closings, fines, random inspections and low-level harassment taking place because they can do these things. It seems that they have more slack on the leash from the higher-ups and at least for some, farangs (in bars certainly) are perving on their women, spend more money on beer in a month than a minimum wage Thai earns working, live in housing situations average Thais could never afford, and are all unreasonably wealthy.

always makes me smile 'in a bar but not a bar girl' heard it a thousand times

Not sure if most of the police are really that concerned about the girls in bars. Most of then in my limited experience are more interested in themselves. Having said that I have met two decent cops in the past rather than those who are more interested in fining you for this or that.

I think there is often some pent up resentment and outright hatred of foreigners by Thais. In the past here, I have seen some foreigner get into a fight with a Thai (always a bad idea, no matter how much of a bad-ass you think you are) and suddenly, like blood in the water to sharks, other Thais come out of the woodwork to take a shot at the farang.

Thais are like this with everyone, not just foreigners .

There are a few believe it or not. Also can depend on the bar or bar type. Mad Dog for example wouldn't strike me as a bar girls place of choice to go for a drink to pick up customers or warm up.

There are a few believe it or not. Also can depend on the bar or bar type. Mad Dog for example wouldn't strike me as a bar girls place of choice to go for a drink to pick up customers or warm up.

To be fair that is true but over the years here I have learnt that the dividing line between 'working' and 'non-working' is VERY slight and almost everything is up for negotiation (thank goodness!).

Not sure if most of the police are really that concerned about the girls in bars. Most of then in my limited experience are more interested in themselves. Having said that I have met two decent cops in the past rather than those who are more interested in fining you for this or that.

Decent cops ?

Maybe on the face of it, but you against any other Thai being, you will see their true colours.

The bar or bar type has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Environment plays no part.

The decision to sell one's body is all in the mindset, and once the decision is made it is made.

Whatever makes that person to make the decision, whether it be poverty, greed, a wish for the 'good life', or any other reason, tarnishes any reputation they had previously with the majority of society.

She was visiting the bar with a friend ,and we got talking .She invited me around to her own hair saloon shop next day .Think what you like though ,as i am not trying to prove anything ,except that its possible to meet a good Thai wife ,who is not in it for the money ,as i have none .She continues to work daily in her Hair saloon (7 days a week ) .B.T.W she is a non drinker and smoker.

She was visiting the bar with a friend ,and we got talking .She invited me around to her own hair saloon shop next day .Think what you like though ,as i am not trying to prove anything ,except that its possible to meet a good Thai wife ,who is not in it for the money ,as i have none .She continues to work daily in her Hair saloon (7 days a week ) .B.T.W she is a non drinker and smoker.

55555!

Genarally, the men who claim to have never paid for it; are usually the ones, who have paid the most.

Did you just make that "fact" up ?

If not, what are you basing that on ?

Has there been a mass survey on the topic, or something like that ?

Or is it just a (made up )"fact" , that you think may probably be true ?

The decision to sell one's body is all in the mindset, and once the decision is made it is made.

Whatever makes that person to make the decision, whether it be poverty, greed, a wish for the 'good life', or any other reason, tarnishes any reputation they had previously with the majority of society.

And the buyers of this product are also in the same category .

I certainly paid way more in the days when I didn't pay for it.

Married in the UK for 30 years, she got around ........ 3/4 million pounds .......... $1M ......... 34Mbht.

(plus 25 years running expenses)

It's a lot cheaper now I pay for it.

But haven't we wandered a bit off topic now?

so you include all the Thais? 90% of them play around with mia nois, giks etc. it's all an 'exchange' and here, unlike many other countries, it's far more accepted and indulged by virtually everyone who is lean, mean and keen and some who aren't! all about money for honey here one way or another

I think you will find that the gap between the two people involved is absolutely enormous, in a lot of people's minds.

One has made a decision that will affect the rest of her life, the other is seen as 'having a bit of fun'.

I am not saying this is right, bus most people would view it that way.

so you include all the Thais? 90% of them play around with mia nois, giks etc. it's all an 'exchange' and here, unlike many other countries, it's far more accepted and indulged by virtually everyone who is lean, mean and keen and some who aren't! all about money for honey here one way or another

Yes, they do play around. However, the Thais see them as no more than 'a piece of meat'.

They do not go pumping their life savings into buying a house etc. trying to 'save' the girl.

Yes, they do play around. However, the Thais see them as no more than 'a piece of meat'.

They do not go pumping their life savings into buying a house etc. trying to 'save' the girl.

don't disagree with that and the naive who do pump their savings into a girl 30 years younger on some romantic illusion 'som nam na'

Everybody, including myself, has been dragged off topic !

Out of curiosity, having been in the game myseif, how is the owner getting with his dilemma ?

If the police get the bit between their teeth, and it becomes, in any way personal, the chances of getting any sort of satisfactory result are minute.

How I don't miss that daily, polite smile I had to give them.

don't disagree with that and the naive who do pump their savings into a girl 30 years younger on some romantic illusion 'som nam na'

Pumping your savings into any woman ain't that bright.

Doesn't matter what her age or your age is.

I certainly paid way more in the days when I didn't pay for it.

Married in the UK for 30 years, she got around ........ 3/4 million pounds .......... $1M ......... 34Mbht.

(plus 25 years running expenses)

It's a lot cheaper now I pay for it.

But haven't we wandered a bit off topic now?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1581903/Heather-Mills-wins-24.3m-Paul-McCartney-divorce-payout.html

At the time, it was close to 50 Million USD. Perhaps, "Sir Paul" should consider a gig at the LK Boxing Arena.

Archived