Which Is Best Adsl For Jomtien Tot/tt&t Or True

lor

Hi,

At my home in Jomtien I use TOT but most times the connection is down or very slow. I want to install ADSL in my bar on Soi 9 Jomtien (Has a TOT landline already) and don't know whether to use TOT there or True. A friend tells me True has much better international connectivity but I later read that True rent the capacity off TOT. So I do not know which is correct.

I know all the services are pretty bad but would like to know which is the best of a bad lot.

Chris

It’s true they get the lines from TOT. But they each have their own equipment and determine how many users to put on any line. One of the reasons TOT is so slow is they put tons of users on a single line.

I am very happy with Jasmine. They cost more, but the connection is up over 99% of the time and very fast. And they have English speaking support, a big help.

You can sign up on the 2nd floor of Care 4. It is the 2nd store on the left right, down the first hallway of stores in front of Care 4.

Hi,

At my home in Jomtien I use TOT but most times the connection is down or very slow. I want to install ADSL in my bar on Soi 9 Jomtien (Has a TOT landline already) and don't know whether to use TOT there or True. A friend tells me True has much better international connectivity but I later read that True rent the capacity off TOT. So I do not know which is correct.

I know all the services are pretty bad but would like to know which is the best of a bad lot.

Chris

I live in Jomtien also and use TOT ADSL.................no specific problems.

• 2 weeks later...

I somewhat had it with TOT ADSL in central Pattaya. Lots of downtime and permanent problems with their DNS, SMTP and whatever other servers.

Now I cannot have a line from TT&T around here and I am stuck with TOT. Is there any other ISP that I can use on a TOT line or do I have to use TOT's inferior "service"?

Is there any other ISP that I can use on a TOT line or do I have to use TOT's inferior "service"?

When I was renting in Pattaya I had a TT&T 512/128 ADSL package on a TOT line.

Speed and reliability was approximately 60% of that advertised.

Now I am in NaJomtien and have the TOT 1024/512 package... it runs at about the same speed as the TT&T package but costs a bit less.

I was with Jasmine, then went for the faster cheaper maxnet offer through TT&T wow was that a mistake i am now back with Jasmine on a slower more expensive package & getting a much better service for my money what ever you do keep away from anything to do with Maxnet, they cap international traffic and lots of bull with it. Jasmine get my vote.

I was with Jasmine DSL-Plus 256 (TT&T) paying 3,500 per month. OUCH!

Just over a year ago switched to TT&T Maxnet for Life 256/128 kbps for 1,551.50 per month. No problems.

Now I can go buy a steak at Manhattan once a month!

In Jomtien I had TT&T MaxNet 512 (B790/month) for about 9 months and was generally satisfied with it: usually around 450k download speed showing on bandwidth testers.

Recently I upgraded to MaxNet 1024 (B1070/month) and it's showing around 850-900k download. Acceptable but not outstanding. I never tried TOT, so can't compare, just can report what I got/get on TT&T.

I seem to have received a "special deal" from TT&T. At the Carrefour office where I applied/paid for the upgrade the first week of this month, they told me the upgrade would be effective 01 November (and that's when the higher billing started). I noticed two days later that my connection was already upgraded. Since I'm not paying for it for another week from now, that's not so bad. :o

I was with Jasmine DSL-Plus 256 (TT&T) paying 3,500 per month. OUCH!

Just over a year ago switched to TT&T Maxnet for Life 256/128 kbps for 1,551.50 per month. No problems.

Now I can go buy a steak at Manhattan once a month!

You might get a steak but by the time they have added the tax at 7% and servicer charge at 10% there wont be much left over for any vegetables of fries as the meal only comes as the meat you orderd. OUCH Plus with the money stated above if ordering a American steak there will not be enough for a drink. To be able to order all of this at Manhattans every month i suddgest you cancel your internet connection as the 3500bht will ne needed...OUCH

Edited by rocky