Prayut says students activists intercepted for their own safety

webfact

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it fascinates me that all the nayers keep showing up when ever the government speaks and when I remind them about the old line of if things are not acceptable here then why stay ? and they come back with the usual well why did i stay while the previous government was in power ....

now .... ok .... lets go back to the protests, street shootings, killings, unrest and insecurity.

what would you rather ? then or now ?

The current PM has worked hard to stop the bickering, protests, party fighting, insecurity and lawlessness, but for some farangs here it's just not good enough that he's done this. The general was sworn in by HM the king and he was blessed by the people of Thailand for stopping the instability and street protests that bought the country down, but some farangs here are not happy with that.

The simple fact is the PM general Khun Prayuth Chan o cha is in power and thats how it is and that's how it's going to stay.

He's there because the previous controversial PM couldn't do her job and as such someone with the knowledge and respect had to step in and take control thank goodness. He has been to the US as requested, he has been to the EU on climate change as requested, he has stepped up when required but some farangs here just cannot be happy. Maybe it is really time to go back and see how your government at home is doing instead of being negative for the rest of your lives and living in a place where you don't find the PM to your liking..

Interesting way of thinking. So you can only live in thailand if you accept what is happening because you cant change it.

Why did you live in thailand before the coup? If you didnt like it why didnt you leave?

Will you leave when the army finishes and the dems get back in? Surely you must.

nope, I think the current government is doing a good job.

ok, lets say he allows anyone and everyone to protest again .... what do you think will be the outcome in maybe 4 weeks, 2 months or whatever ?

there will be kaos !! fighting amongst groups !! insecurity ! and basically start to see lawlessness again.

Their is a reason why protests in groups are not allowed, there are reasons why rules are put in place, there are reasons why the government makes tough decisions .... but at the end of the day if it makes the country safer then thats gotta be good.

I respect your opinion and anyone else who has an opinion .... but I also think about the logic behind the rules and regulations that this government is applying ..... and why.

I as many, are happy with the General Khun Prayuth as PM and may he continue to do so for as long as it takes to ensure stability and security within Thailand.

If you are happy to be controlled by a lying scumbag then there might not be much hope left for you.

It is lucky the youth and future of Thailand have the balls to try and change things for the better.

it fascinates me that all the nayers keep showing up when ever the government speaks and when I remind them about the old line of if things are not acceptable here then why stay ? and they come back with the usual well why did i stay while the previous government was in power ....

now .... ok .... lets go back to the protests, street shootings, killings, unrest and insecurity.

The current PM has worked hard to stop the bickering, protests, party fighting, insecurity and lawlessness, but for some farangs here it's just not good enough that he's done this. The general was sworn in by HM the king and he was blessed by the people of Thailand for stopping the instability and street protests that bought the country down, but some farangs here are not happy with that.

The simple fact is the PM general Khun Prayuth Chan o cha is in power and thats how it is and that's how it's going to stay.

He's there because the previous controversial PM couldn't do her job and as such someone with the knowledge and respect had to step in and take control thank goodness. He has been to the US as requested, he has been to the EU on climate change as requested, he has stepped up when required but some farangs here just cannot be happy. Maybe it is really time to go back and see how your government at home is doing instead of being negative for the rest of your lives and living in a place where you don't find the PM to your liking..

Are you serious??? Maybe this bloke has the best of intensions, cool, give the bloke a fair crack of the whip...

remember the old saying the road too________ is paved with good intensions....

Q 1. when was the last junta ruling government in your country??? How did that turn out???

Q 2. in your country if there is a political impasse (noun; a position of situation from there is no escape; deadlock) of government then what is the answer to the impasse? block supply, double disillusion, vote of no confidence,,,, answer, dissolve government, and hold new elections within 60 days of the government being dissolved required by Thai law!!!!!!! WHICH THE LAST GOVERNMENT DID and was completely within the laws of the land, FACT!!! prove me wrong if you can.

but people were prevented by the minority to force to vote and a coup yet again, how many in the last 80 years???????????????? if they (junta) cant get it right for the last 80 years why oh why do you have so much confidence this time? and still the cracks show every day.

You mean protected from Army generals pretending to be concerned locals ?? By organizing an illegal protest !!

12341616_1127196953957197_12007046503988

Apparently Army Div 9 commander, Maj Gen Thamnoon Vithee, masqueraded himself and led BanPong protesters against the students yesterday. So much for spontaneous local uprising against students

Brilliant post! They really are a bunch of bumbling dimwits.

Yes brilliant another candid camera moment. With all these masquerades it must Halloween again. All tricks and no treat.

i feel sorry TV members and their families who are directly affected by Thai politics. It must be difficult.

glad i don't own anything here in thailand.

maybe one day the military can find out more about cameras, computers, the internet and stuff like that.

Edited by NCC1701A

"Thai democracy" at its best.

Sporadically a weak democracy to placate the masses, periodically evolving into fascism to protect an autocracy:

"A form of political behavior marked by obsessive preoccupation with community decline, humiliation or victimhood and by compensatory cults of unity, energy and purity, in which a mass-based party of committed nationalist militants, working in uneasy but effective collaboration with traditional elites, abandons democratic liberties and pursues with redemptive violence and without ethical or legal restraints goals of internal cleansing and external expansion." - Robert O. Paxton, The Anatomy of Fascism, 2004

It does seem that all Thai roads do lead to Rome - Mussolini's Rome that is.

Thailand is the Hub of Living History.

What you are saying is Yingkluck should have asked the army to crush the demonstrators who blocked off government offices and election booths

A not so veiled threat from the junta that ultra-nationalist viglante thugs will be set on those who wish to challenge the regime. This is one in a series of threats of violence.

This regime will definitely end in bloodshed. All the indicators are there. Anyone who cares to look at the lessons and precedents set in Thailand's post Second World War politics can see this coming.

Edited by Briggsy

You mean protected from Army generals pretending to be concerned locals ?? By organizing an illegal protest !!

Apparently Army Div 9 commander, Maj Gen Thamnoon Vithee, masqueraded himself and led BanPong protesters against the students yesterday. So much for spontaneous local uprising against students

I wonder if Mark Kent has seen it

Edited by LannaGuy

The General has been found out yet again! There are definitely double standards being applied here. Government organised mobs are ok (e.g. last week's protests outside American embassy or army thugs dressed as local Park supporters this week) but genuine opposition groups are illegal (e.g. Students making a peaceful protest). The only people intent on causing "trouble" appear to be the Government. Up here in Isaan, life goes on as normal, so perhaps Bangkok should be annexed from the rest of the country as this appears to be where all the trouble occurs, both prior to and after the coup!

A not so veiled threat from the junta that ultra-nationalist viglante thugs will be set on those who wish to challenge the regime. This is one in a series of threats of violence.

This regime will definitely end in bloodshed. All the indicators are there. Anyone who cares to look at the lessons and precedents set in Thailand's post Second World War politics can see this coming.

I very much hope you are wrong - as do you no doubt - but if you aren't, prepare for the revolting spectacle on here of some posters cheering them on. Sad times we live in.

Interesting way of thinking. So you can only live in thailand if you accept what is happening because you cant change it.

Why did you live in thailand before the coup? If you didnt like it why didnt you leave?

Will you leave when the army finishes and the dems get back in? Surely you must.

ok, lets say he allows anyone and everyone to protest again .... what do you think will be the outcome in maybe 4 weeks, 2 months or whatever ?

there will be kaos !! fighting amongst groups !! insecurity ! and basically start to see lawlessness again.

Their is a reason why protests in groups are not allowed, there are reasons why rules are put in place, there are reasons why the government makes tough decisions .... but at the end of the day if it makes the country safer then thats gotta be good.

I respect your opinion and anyone else who has an opinion .... but I also think about the logic behind the rules and regulations that this government is applying ..... and why.

I as many, are happy with the General Khun Prayuth as PM and may he continue to do so for as long as it takes to ensure stability and security within Thailand.

Must be on the goverment pay roll

Must be on heavy medication!

The lawlessness seems to be a common theme amongst the peace at any price crowd. There was violence, but it was rather small given the deposing of an elected government. Reconciliation has not taken place and the junta shows no signs of moving in that direction, which may cause worse problems in the future.

Yes, the military style haircuts are a bit of a giveaway laugh.png Oh jeezuz they're so dumb coffee1.gif

Steven: there may be many things that the current government is doing well, better than previous civilian administrations. But, a government, whether elected, Junta, or whatever must be even handed. No government can favor it's own side, or only represent it's supporters or those who voted for it.

It is that polarized treatment of people that increases the divide and makes achieving a real democracy, fair and just society and meritocracy so much more difficult.

Whether it's investigating and prosecuting corruption cases, or allowing demonstrations, or allowing 'free" speech - a government must treat all sides equally.

Steven: there may be many things that the current government is doing well, better than previous civilian administrations. But, a government, whether elected, Junta, or whatever must be even handed. No government can favor it's own side, or only represent it's supporters or those who voted for it.

It is that polarized treatment of people that increases the divide and makes achieving a real democracy, fair and just society and meritocracy so much more difficult.

Whether it's investigating and prosecuting corruption cases, or allowing demonstrations, or allowing 'free" speech - a government must treat all sides equally.

A very good reply and response both objective & subjective in comment.

I agree with parts of your comment as it shows practicality and simplicity but straight to the point ......

It is my view that if protests were allowed again it would create security issues for the government, slowly but surely it would turn nasty again and we would slide back into fractions throwing explosives etc ....

There are other peaceful ways to voice one's opinion without protests.

Brilliant post! They really are a bunch of bumbling dimwits.

Good work LivinLOS. Nobody can tell me that no one in the PM Office didn't know the identity of the thugs in the opposing crowd. Jesus wept.

Edited by Mot Dang

Sorry Stephen but your argument is a load of BS. The reason so many on this forum are against this current government is because it is not legitimate and in fact no better than the previous government. Please try not to forget that Thailand is a Constitutional Monarchy. Sorry but being rubber stamped by the king who certainly had little choice in the matter is not any kind of justification for the general's conduct of taking over the government by force and making himself PM. Further, it seems to me he is only blessed by some of the people, the ones that supported him not the majority who did not. Please recall that the Yingluck government called for new elections which the other side refused to participate in and prevented others from participating. You got one thing right, the PM General is in power and he is there by the force of a gun and yes it will stay that way for the time being. If the farangs are unhappy, it is not that they do not like peace in the streets, it is because they can see what you cannot, and that is that in the time he has been in power little has gotten better, it is just a different bunch feeding off the trough. There is little dialogue by those in the opposition as they are prevented from that. There is no opportunity to voice opinion, protest, etc. because that might not be favorable to the PM. The fact that a relatively small bunch of students who want to protest corruption by certain of the military brass are arrested/detained "for their own protection" shows that the good general can't even make good on his promises to go after corruption. He is a hopeless dimwit and incidents like this only prove that. Some people like yourself don't seem to see that and are just happy they can go about their business without incident because the streets are peaceful and the army has the populace under their thumb under threat of detention and attitude adjustment. They don't have students protesting in North Korea and the streets are peaceful but I would not want to live there.

Edited by Trouble

A very good reply and response both objective & subjective in comment.

I agree with parts of your comment as it shows practicality and simplicity but straight to the point ......

It is my view that if protests were allowed again it would create security issues for the government, slowly but surely it would turn nasty again and we would slide back into fractions throwing explosives etc ....

There are other peaceful ways to voice one's opinion without protests.

In my humble opinion, the most peaceful way to voice one's opinion without chaotic protest is an election. Thank you.