Disabled activist hits back at thoughtless people parking in disabled spaces (VIDEO)

webfact

Disabled activist hits back at thoughtless people parking in disabled spaces (VIDEO)
By Coconuts Bangkok

BANGKOK: -- Manit Inpim, a famous activist who rallies to improve the lives of disabled people in Thailand, showed what happens when inconsiderate people make simple mistakes like parking in a disabled space.

In the two-minute clip, Manit showed how difficult it is for him to squeeze himself through the narrow spaces of the Makkasan Airport Link station parking lot after he finds two cars without disabled parking stickers crammed in a single disabled space next to his car.

"I was out working all day in the sun all day and was exhausted. But when I came back to my car, I saw these cars crammed into a disabled space. Let's see how I deal with it," Manit says in the captions of the video, which he posted Monday to raise awareness of the importance of respecting the rights of disabled people.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/12/09/disabled-activist-hits-back-thoughtless-people-parking-disabled-spaces-video

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-12-09

No mistake involved , rather just the same old bloody-minded selfishness and sense of entitlement by someone who wanted that spot. Being (relatively) able-bodied is frustrating enough on the roads/transport/parking let alone for someone with a disability

No mistake involved , rather just the same old bloody-minded selfishness and sense of entitlement by someone who wanted that spot. Being (relatively) able-bodied is frustrating enough on the roads/transport/parking let alone for someone with a disability

Back in the UK when my FIL was still alive (he had 1 leg amputated as a child) if there was someone not disabled in a disabled slot either my wife or I would let him out and then park as close as possible to the offender, lock the car and walk away after leaving a note on the offenders windscreen. Nothing much has changed for disabled people in the UK or Thailand either.

It is simply a case of gross stupidity and crass ignorance.

Run a key down the offending vehicle crazy.gif

How would committing a criminal offence help the disabled and how is it determined whether a parked vehicle that you are about to damage is owned by a disabled person or that persons carer?

I was at Don Muang Airport yesterday. In the departure lounge, I noticed that the seats nearest to the boarding gates were labelled 'Priority seats,' and there were symbols to show that they were intended for the sick, the elderly, and so on. The only weaknesses that the people using them were suffering from, though, were mental and moral.

Selfish Thais? How about lazy and corrupt RTP too?

Traffic police spends all day inside air conditioned booths watching TV or busy with FB or Line.

The traffic motorcycle cops are busy shaking down Farangs or people without the helmet... or whatever infractions they manufacture.

Lack of law enforcement allows this and more to happen. But what can be done? It has been like this for centuries. Thainess Thainess uber ales!

Hell try BTS you see all the fat people sitting while women with small child standing I'm 63 have bad back and leg injury from long ago that makes it hard to stand for long time yet young healthy Thai's ignore the fact when a lady with a child or an elderly person gets on and needs a seat. Several times I gave my seat to these people. Loved the time this feisty old Thai man slapped this young Thai guy on the back of his head saying god knows what about him being rude.

Always handy to carry a dozen eggs around for this occasion. After an hour or so on the windshield in the hot sun the lazy freaks might get the message. Maybe.

You mean dead shrimps dropped into the aircon vents on the bonnet below the windscreen?

In the United States my disabled brother-in-law carried a can of spray paint the used on the offending cars.He later also carried a bottle of urine to put down the cars air intake in front of the windshield and in between the window and the door in the felt.Car will smell for months afterwards.

Its not only car parking,but also in supermarkets,Makro,they just leave

the trolleys blocking the aisles,no thought for other people.

regards worgeordie

In those cases, if unattended, I usually just shunt it out of the way. Never had a problem.

My local Lotus has some reserved spaces for disabled drivers and a ' mother and child ' vehicle.

To date I've only ever seen one disabled driver parking in a designated space and it's not because there aren't disabled people using the store.

I swear blind that some drivers would take their vehicles into the store and up and down the aisles if they could.

My local Lotus has some reserved spaces for disabled drivers and a ' mother and child ' vehicle.

To date I've only ever seen one disabled driver parking in a designated space and it's not because there aren't disabled people using the store.

I swear blind that some drivers would take their vehicles into the store and up and down the aisles if they could.

It would make sense in some tiny parking lots though, where you have to do an 18 point turn to get in and out.

i think i mentioned something about this earilier. i hate selfish thais. at first i would just spit on these cars but i find it more satisfying to pee on the handles. Once they touch the steering wheel... in feline terms, the car is mine.

Dog turds smeared on the door handles works just fine whistling.gif

No one wants to touch the doors to get in cheesy.gif

So right. I always obey the direction arrows at supermarkets and more often than not there's a Thai driving towards me. Even parking on the yellow painted area at an entrance when the shield car park is full. What is even worse I see the odd 'farang' doing the same. I did once complain to the management on such issues but I'm only voice. For the disabled I can't imagine how frustrated and annoyed they must feel they have my sympathy.

I have seen places lately in Thailand that make the effort to send the lazy offenders on their way.

I only seen one time where the guy refused and was soundly beaten by a small innocent looking

lady. I am sure that his loss of face publically was hard on him. as there were a handful of people laughing at him

as he quickly got in his car and sped off. I certainly laughed along with the Thai people.

Hopefully the attitude is changing in Thailand and other places, but there will always be people who are either absolute jerks

or are so YING or arrogant, or some rich family kid, that they will never change.