UK expats for EU exit

The £ will not be good today or next week, once the dust has settled the £ will rise again, slowly certainly, you have to remember two things, firstly the Establishment which expected to win have had a shock you are seeing the results of that, secondly there has, according to the BBC, low trading of the currency so dont worry, see where we are in a couple of weeks.

Plymouth comes out for leave which again is exactly what I saw.

With 300 of the 382 declared the lead is now +750,000 for leave.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The £ will not be good today or next week, once the dust has settled the £ will rise again, slowly certainly, you have to remember two things, firstly the Establishment which expected to win have had a shock you are seeing the results of that, secondly there has, according to the BBC, low trading of the currency so dont worry, see where we are in a couple of weeks.

And where do you get your financial wisdom from? Reading the label on a bottle of beer?

And where do you get your financial wisdom from? Reading the label on a bottle of beer?

From my experience, it is speculation I grant you but in a couple of weeks either I will be right or wrong.

I urged people a few months ago to bring any money over before the middle of June as the £ would be hit by uncertainty, I did did you?

If you read what I wrote you will see that it was the BBCs view as well.

Sorry if things are not going your way, fail to prepare then prepare to fail.

From my experience, it is speculation I grant you but in a couple of weeks either I will be right or wrong.

I urged people a few months ago to bring any money over before the middle of June as the £ would be hit by uncertainty, I did did you?

If you read what I wrote you will see that it was the BBCs view as well.

Sorry if things are not going your way, fail to prepare then prepare to fail.

I get your point, markets tend to over react. Unfortunately in this case my opinion is things will get a lot worse. Britain leaves, which other countries will leave? Back to the heady days of 34 Baht to the Pound? Feel sorry for Brits that are getting by on their frozen pension and will be destitute below 45 Baht.

You are right that there will pain for UK expats who have the pensions or funds arriving here on a monthly basis and some tightening of belts will be required for some time in the future.

We did discuss this earlier and a number of people in this position thought it was a price worth paying in the short term, however long the short term is deemed to be for a better stronger position in the future, however long we deem that to be.

You are right that there will pain for UK expats who have the pensions or funds arriving here on a monthly basis and some tightening of belts will be required for some time in the future.

We did discuss this earlier and a number of people in this position thought it was a price worth paying in the short term, however long the short term is deemed to be for a better stronger position in the future, however long we deem that to be.

So why are you so assured that "Great" Britain will be stronger? Weak Pound will help exporters. Independent trade agreements will be negotiated from a position of weakness. Personally in two minds over being British and wanting the best for the Nation or watching Britain go down the tubes like history tells us most, if not all, empire building nations seem to manage.

Congratulations, it appears leave has won. Britain can now revert back to sausages that are 50% breadcrumbs, weird shaped fruit in supermarkets that no one wants to buy and energy inefficient toasters and kettles. As Charlie Sheen said, winning.

So why are you so assured that "Great" Britain will be stronger? Weak Pound will help exporters. Independent trade agreements will be negotiated from a position of weakness. Personally in two minds over being British and wanting the best for the Nation or watching Britain go down the tubes like history tells us most, if not all, empire building nations seem to manage.

The EU is in the weak position, they never in their wildest dreams thought we would leave, un like you I have confidence in the UK to prosper in the future There were going to risks whatever the result, both would be speculative, in my view the greater risk for our democracy was to stay in. We are and always have been a trading nation, we wont suddenly stop that and to stop trading with the EU would simply not happen, they need to trade with us as much as we need to trade with them, we will make a deal, to do otherwise would the EU cutting off its nose to spite its face.

Dont forget that London is the worlds number one financial centre, that is not going to change.

I am optimistic for the future in the mid to long term, it may be a rough for the near future, I always expected that to be the case.

The markets got it wrong, the bookies got it wrong and a few posts back I told how the bookies could appear to be right and the referendum result could be different.

It is up to everyone now to adapt to the result.

The EU is in the weak position, they never in their wildest dreams thought we would leave, un like you I have confidence in the UK to prosper in the future There were going to risks whatever the result, both would be speculative, in my view the greater risk for our democracy was to stay in. We are and always have been a trading nation, we wont suddenly stop that and to stop trading with the EU would simply not happen, they need to trade with us as much as we need to trade with them, we will make a deal, to do otherwise would the EU cutting off its nose to spite its face.

Dont forget that London is the worlds number one financial centre, that is not going to change.

I am optimistic for the future in the mid to long term, it may be a rough for the near future, I always expected that to be the case.

The markets got it wrong, the got it wrong and a few posts back I told how the bookies could appear to be right and the referendum result could be different.

It is up to everyone now to adapt to the result.

Admire your optimism, hope you are right. Bit pessimistic myself. Unknown territory. Major changes are coming, for better or worse.

Hold stock in two UK companies, both down 23%, thanks for letting me know it will be ok next week. Assume you sold everything yesterday?

Hold your nerve with the stocks, you bought them for a reason, a good one and if you sold them right now what you do with the money? This is now a time for holding your nerve, the next couple of weeks will be very volatile, hold your nerve. The stocks you bought have not suddenly become bad stocks/companies overnight, they have been affected by market sentiment and shock.

Remember in February that the £ slumped from about 1.49 to 1.38 against the $ then slowly recovered. Yesterday it was 1.50 and it has gone down to 1.32 but now coming back. Our leaving has been a huge shock to markets they never visualized this happening, could believe it that why we have seen such a drop. They will have to get used it and respond.

As far as us leaving is concerned nothing changes today, the HMG will have to decide where they go from here, to leave they have invoke clause 50 and tell the EU they want to leave and the EU will not want us to hurry because next spring the French go to the polls followed by Germany in the Autumn, they will want that happen whilst they are still agreeing our departure terms otherwise the those two might fancy them as well.

I now wait to see what EU legislation which was being held back is brought forward and when.

Hold your nerve with the stocks, you bought them for a reason, a good one and if you sold them right now what you do with the money? This is now a time for holding your nerve, the next couple of weeks will be very volatile, hold your nerve. The stocks you bought have not suddenly become bad stocks/companies overnight, they have been affected by market sentiment and shock.

Remember in February that the £ slumped from about 1.49 to 1.38 against the $ then slowly recovered. Yesterday it was 1.50 and it has gone down to 1.32 but now coming back. Our leaving has been a huge shock to markets they never visualized this happening, could believe it that why we have seen such a drop. They will have to get used it and respond.

As far as us leaving is concerned nothing changes today, the HMG will have to decide where they go from here, to leave they have invoke clause 50 and tell the EU they want to leave and the EU will not want us to hurry because next spring the French go to the polls followed by Germany in the Autumn, they will want that happen whilst they are still agreeing our departure terms otherwise the those two might fancy them as well.

I now wait to see what EU legislation which was being held back is brought forward and when.

Have no choice but to hold. Love your optimism.

"World economy heading for worst slump since global recession" CNN running this on its front page.

Looks like its going to be a blood bath in the USA as well

Apparently you shold buy when there is blood on the streets.

Good time to go short . Its just a small river of blood, wait until the ocean arrives and then buy

"World economy heading for worst slump since global recession" CNN running this on its front page.

Looks like its going to be a blood bath in the USA as well

Apparently you shold buy when there is blood on the streets.

Good time to go short . Its just a small river of blood, wait until the ocean arrives and then buy

Tell me when we hit the bottom please.

But it is already changing, friend.
Do you think the financial moguls will make any gift to Britain just to ridicule?
Do you think they will ease the pain to encourage other countries reject their plan in the same way?
No, of course.
This vote was brave but it will cost dearly British. This, I am absolutely certain

Do you think the financial moguls will make any gift to Britain just to ridicule?
Do you think they will ease the pain to encourage other countries reject their plan in the same way?
No, of course.
This vote was brave but it will cost dearly British. This, I am absolutely certain

My experience tells me a different story to the one you paint and the money moguls are not as big as the city nor are they vindictive, they just want to make money.

All markets are currently down, everyone with interests financial wants things to return to stability so their portfolios can rise also, spiteful thoughts only enter into the minds of people who are losers and have to find someone to blame.

Early days but it is looking like today is our INDEPENDENCE DAY.

DC , will not be in office for very long , he certainly wont last 3 mounths.

He will jump before he is pushed , replaced by Ian Duncan Smith .clap2.gif

Next to go is JCorbyn , enter the Blairites .sad.png

No, of course.

My experience tells me a different story to the one you paint and the money moguls are not as big as the city nor are they vindictive, they just want to make money.

All markets are currently down, everyone with interests financial wants things to return to stability so their portfolios can rise also, spiteful thoughts only enter into the minds of people who are losers and have to find someone to blame.

Do you think the big American banks who will no longer automatically be able to offer their financial services to countries in the EU will stay in London then?

No, of course.

Do you think the big American banks who will no longer automatically be able to offer their financial services to countries in the EU will stay in London then?

The UK remains a member of the EU for the foreseeable, when article 50 is invoked it will be within 2 years of that, so nothing changes right now. When Article 50 is pressed then negotiations begin, until then anything else is pure speculation. If the all powerful American banks think they should go to a new base in the EU that is up to them, they should wait and see what the deal is first, thats the sensible thing to do, the grass is not always greener on the other side even when they know what the deal is, sometimes its better the devil you know, patience boys patience.