Ex-Serviceman killed in North Pattaya Road Crash

webfact

Ex-Serviceman killed in North Pattaya Road Crash

crash-2-1.jpg

PATTAYA: -- In the early hours of Thursday Morning a 67-year-old retired member of the Royal Thai Air Force was killed in a head-on collision between his motorbike and a car driven by a 22-year-old female.

The crash occurred at the North-end of Pattaya Third Road, just before 3am and resulted in the death of Khun Boonchai. His motorbike was struck head-on by a Red Toyota Yaris driven by Khun Woranutchayaipa who claimed she was temporarily blinded by a headlight from an oncoming vehicle which caused her to lose control of the car which veered over to the opposing lane.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/219661/ex-serviceman-killed-north-pattaya-road-crash/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-12-11

AKA; she was drunk.

Yep.

Here's the last bit of the article.

"Police arrested the car driver who was suspected of being intoxicated. We understand she was later charged with causing death by reckless driving but was not charged with any offences relating to her alleged intoxicated state."

I guess their breathalyzer was broke???

AKA; she was drunk.

Yep.

"Police arrested the car driver who was suspected of being intoxicated. We understand she was later charged with causing death by reckless driving but was not charged with any offences relating to her alleged intoxicated state."

You have to wonder why not.

That area of Third Road is the scene of many fatal accidents, particularly at night.

There are lots of Thai-style pubs catering to young Thais at the North end of Third Road. They all come in cars and all get pissed. Lack of parking means Third Road is effectively narrowed by parked vehicles. Lack of a median strip means vehicles are constantly crossing the central dividing line. A number of crossing points make for accident hot spots as drivers attempt to cross Third Road which is busy.

That area of Third Road is the scene of many fatal accidents, particularly at night.

There are lots of Thai-style pubs catering to young Thais at the North end of Third Road. They all come in cars and all get pissed. Lack of parking means Third Road is effectively narrowed by parked vehicles. Lack of a median strip means vehicles are constantly crossing the central dividing line. A number of crossing points make for accident hot spots as drivers attempt to cross Third Road which is busy.

And if those bars and clubs weren't owned by the police, maybe they would set up roadblocks to do something about the drunk driving in that area.

R.I.P. Khun Boonchai. It's too bad you could not finish your life and die of natural causes.

"...claimed she was temporarily blinded by a headlight from an oncoming vehicle which caused her to lose control of the car which veered over to the opposing lane..."

Anything to get out of accepting responsibility. If you are blinded, then slow down or stop. A very experienced driver versus a young, barely out of her teens driver...which one you going to believe was at fault.

obviously it was this poor guys fault, he was riding a scooter and had his lights on, this is what blinded this poor little drunk girl, and caused her to swerve into him r.i.p. to the poor guy, work all your <deleted> life and some little drunk ashole ends it for you. ok i will say it , and nothing will get done about it,

AKA; she was drunk.

Yep.

"I guess their breathalyzer was broke???"

You think the breathalyser had no money? What does that mean?

Or maybe it confirmed that she wasn't over the limit?

Edited by Alration

AKA; she was drunk.

Yep.

Maybe because the "alleged" intoxication turned out to be negative.

Yep.

Maybe because the "alleged" intoxication turned out to be negative.

Yeah, possibly. She looked it on TV but that could have been shock.

But to veer across to the wrong side of the road because of headlights in your eyes seems to be a bad reaction for a sober person.