Police hunt Patong jet-ski thug for 'fake gun' intimidation

rooster59

Police hunt Patong jet-ski thug for 'fake gun' intimidation

post-247607-0-20931000-1449872179_thumb.

Jet-skis are towed along Patong Beach in the morning. Photo: The Phuket News / file

PHUKET: Police are looking for a Patong Beach jet-ski operator who allegedly pulled out a gun and threatened at least one other rival jet-ski operator during a heated argument on the beach yesterday (Dec 10).

Lt Col Suthichai Tienpo arrived with his team of officers near Loma Park at 11:30am after receiving a call from a local vendor.

Two groups of jet-ski operators had an altercation on the beach and one man pulled a gun out and threatened his rivals, the vendor reported, said Col Suthichai.

“The man’s name is Banyong Thongket. He owns some jet-skis and trailers,” Col Suthichai said. “He had fled the scene by the time we got there, but he left his jeep, an Isuzu, behind.”

Apparently Banyong left his “wife” behind at the scene, too.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/police-hunt-patong-jet-ski-thug-for-fake-gun-intimidation-55377.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-12-12

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a disappointing ending. IMHO society would be favoured if these scum bags "blow" each other away

What I'm disappointed about is that the national police chiefs (over several decades) have not sacked a succession of local police chiefs in Phuket and Pattaya and more for failing to fix this once and for all.

Thirty years at least and still just pussy footing around. Why?

Edited by scorecard

What a disappointing ending. IMHO society would be favoured if these scum bags "blow" each other away

What I'm disappointed about is that the national police chiefs (over several decades) have not sacked a succession of local police chiefs in Phuket and Pattaya and more for failing to fix this once and for all.

Money money money. It's all about the money money money......

The nice thing about this story, is that they are using guns on each other, rather than on unarmed, unsuspecting tourists, who are resisting their multitudinous scams. They should not be only arrested. They should be brought up on charges, convicted, and deported. Thailand does not need them. You step over a line, you leave the country. Passport revoked. Never allowed back in. How humiliating would that be? What would you like to bet these clowns would start behaving themselves within days? Send them to Bahrain, or Nigeria. Lets see what they could get away with there!

Jet ski operators going at each other, now thats something I would not mind sitting down watching for a while.

I'll watch the video, thank you very much. I don't want to be anywhere in range when they start shooting. It's not like they can aim...or give a rat about hurting innocents.

Why do tourists continue to hire jet skis from these thugs?

Because tourists arriving here don't know they're thugs!

I doubt many long term TV readers like yourself hire from these thugs.

Perhaps you could do your 'good Samaritan' bit and station yourself at the beach to forewarn newcomers (good luck with that by the way).

Edited by Patanawet

One word. Money.

I guess we all know who said this: To conquer a nation, first disarm its citizen.

Ah , another staunch defender of the Second Amendment. How many Sandy Hook massacres will it take for Americans to wake up to the fact more guns aren't the solution, it's the problem?

It's all about money all the way down the line officials have their hand out. Huge amount on money being made from the many many number of jet skis each and every day.

Why the unknowing tourist rent - because they are looking for fun and unaware of the dangers they face in accident and scam.

The nice thing about this story, is that they are using guns on each other, rather than on unarmed, unsuspecting tourists, who are resisting their multitudinous scams. They should not be only arrested. They should be brought up on charges, convicted, and deported. Thailand does not need them. You step over a line, you leave the country. Passport revoked. Never allowed back in. How humiliating would that be? What would you like to bet these clowns would start behaving themselves within days? Send them to Bahrain, or Nigeria. Lets see what they could get away with there!

I am not sure you are up to speed on how deportation works. Countries haven't deported their own citizens since Britain stopped sending its criminals to Australia!

Jet ski operators going at each other, now thats something I would not mind sitting down watching for a while.

I'll watch the video, thank you very much. I don't want to be anywhere in range when they start shooting. It's not like they can aim...or give a rat about hurting innocents.

Are you claiming innocence?