What is wrong with me? Can you regognise these symptoms?

fitfalang

Hi,

I have caught something weird last night and I am wondering what could be wrong. I ate at a legit hotel's buffet and went to bed early, but woke up at night as I was feeling nauseous. Today I have been not able to eat anything at all and I am so tired even posting this is a real struggle. Mostly been laying in bed. However, this doesn't seem like any illness or food poisoning that I have experienced before, which is why I am a little worried.

So to sum up the symptoms:

• Mildly nauseous feeling
  • Complete loss of appetite
  • Extreme lethargy
  • NO diarrhoea
  • NO strong stomach pain
  • NO flu-like symptoms

Anyone recognise these symptoms? Should I see a doctor or just stay in bed for a few days?

lasting more than 12 hours? If no fever...no infection. Did you drink alcohol?

best you get some testing done at a clinic. My symptoms after a good night of drinking. No appetite and lethargic. Slight nausea. same.

If you are not a drinker...and no fever...you caught the beginning of a virus/flu.

lasting more than 12 hours? If no fever...no infection. Did you drink alcohol?

best you get some testing done at a clinic. My symptoms after a good night of drinking. No appetite and lethargic. Slight nausea. same.

If you are not a drinker...and no fever...you caught the beginning of a virus/flu.

Yeah nearly 20 hours now. Didn't have any alcohol either, just water with the food.

Not sure about fever since I don't have a thermometer but despite getting heavy colds every once in a while, I haven't had fever since I was 9 years old.

Infections, both viral and bacterial, do not always announce their arrival by an immediate fever. If by tiredness you mean exhaustion/lethargy, probably the onset of infection. Even with mild fever UK NHS advice does not recommend that you need to see a doctor immediately unless you reach certain levels. Why not run through one of the national self - diagnosis online tools to put your mind at rest. Of course you will be paying so up to you if you want to go get a doctor's reassurance.

[i'm no doctor but I have a chronic chest condition which is quite liveable with but exposes me to (mostly bacterial ) infections

Assume food poisoning at least a virus, get your ass to a Doctor your a silly man if you wait any longer.

I picked up food poising in Penang second last day there, just nausea and fatigue as well as off food, fever set in 24 hours later on the flight back to BKK, unwell that night and to bed early, next day was sort of ok the following day still same same again but could function fine TGF takes me to hospital....Food Poisoning.

The second time i got food poisoning this time in BKK and only second time in my life was about 2 months later, was much milder no fever after a week went to that hospital yep food poisoning again.

Thanks for all the tips, guys.

After purchasing a thermometer like you suggested, it was fever indeed. Weird feeling, since I haven't had it for over 15 years and without flu symptoms or diarrhoea.

Anyways, some paracetamols and a good night's sleep later, feeling much better already. Must have been something dodgy in the seafood!

u can get these symptoms up to 48 H after eating something bad. don't jump to conclusion that it has something to do with your supper.

it can also just be a viral infection which will go away soon. or moderate dehydration.

my 2 cents: drink plenty of water, eventually with some hydration salts (available in any pharmacy) and get some rest.

don't worry. cheers!

Edited by stickylies

Thanks for all the tips, guys.

After purchasing a thermometer like you suggested, it was fever indeed. Weird feeling, since I haven't had it for over 15 years and without flu symptoms or diarrhoea.

Anyways, some paracetamols and a good night's sleep later, feeling much better already. Must have been something dodgy in the seafood!

Glad your feeling better, good job everyone that feels a bit unwell does not start a new thread, never be able to read TV everyday

Wait, i woke up this morning, headache, sickness, diarrhea and very blurry . Can anyone help?

Only drunk nine cans for Red Cheers

Reggie Perrin's Doc Morrissey has the cure

Doc:
I say, your ticker's racing like the clappers.

Not surprising, really. (Doc sits down).

Do you find you can't finish the crossword like you used to, nasty taste in the mouth in the mornings, can't stop thinking about sex, can't start doing anything about sex, wake up with a sweat in the mornings, keep falling asleep during 'Play For Today'?

Reggie:
That's extraordinary, Doc!

That's exactly how I've been feeling.

Doc:
So have I.

I wonder what it is?

Take two aspirins.