POTY Rundown -VOTE CLOSED!

canuckamuck

Poster of the Year prelimnary rundown.  

150 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

When we get down to the TOP 20, it would be cool if each candidate presents a statement about what's so bloody great about them! Who are some of these people?!?

I'm gonna ASK anyway. Too early now ... but later as things HEAT up.

Great idea.

I'm eighteen, and blonde. My interests are world peace and quiet, in reverse order. Sorry, - and reverse order.

If elected Poster Of The Year, I promise I will not abuse my position except for financial gain and sexual favours, although I am willing to compromise on one or the other if need be.

Vote for me -any other chaps are mere pale imitations.

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please limit the troll posts.

This is a contest for the contestants.

The running of the contest should be as SEAMLESS as possible.

I've set the plan. I think it's very clear.

If people need clarification about the plan, by all means ask.

Also, in lieu of a coup, I think it's fair that I won't be posting any campaigning type posts from now on for ANY contender.

I disagree. The rules should be baffling to the point of impenetrable, yet flexible to the point of fluidity, and, in an ideal world, archaic.

And rhyming.

Agreed...I'll start JT off with these. I'm not sure about rules 8-37, but I have confidence in his poetic abilities.

Rule1. For Poster of the year, should raise a cheer!

Rule 2 is for the fool

who would break Rule 3 while heart ache -ing for Victory,

Rule 4 will show you the door

and Rule five is for expulsion if you connive

Rule six is for dirty Trix

While Rule Seven is applied for misuse of devon (sausage)

Edited by BookMan

The drama should/could intensify as we get to the later stages.

Another reason that I strong suggest a further NARROWING down to a TOP 5 from the TOP 20 being determined now.

More focus, more excitement.

Remember how you didn't want to organise things?

wait for it, he will spit the dummy yet.

The drama should/could intensify as we get to the later stages.

Another reason that I strong suggest a further NARROWING down to a TOP 5 from the TOP 20 being determined now.

More focus, more excitement.

Remember how you didn't want to organise things?

wait for it, he will spit the dummy yet.

The floor of his condo must be littered with them.

Later tonight I will detail a comprehensive proposal with schedule to bring this contest to completion. I will volunteer to do all the "work" going forward. Unless someone else comes forward to do all that.

Posted 2015-12-09 02:22:2

snapback.png

Of course, anyone else is welcome to volunteer for this (subject of course to management actions) and implement any structure they choose. The OP doesn't want to follow through so without someone owning it to follow through, including setting the dates for each phase, and dealing with the winnowing process, it won't really happen.

I will assume if management doesn't contact me that they either have their own plan about this and/or don't want me to do this for whatever reason (including my conditions that it's up to them to edit the list to a beginning 20), so maybe it won't happen this year or maybe it will. Whatevers.

But i was under the impression that you would not be involved unless "Management" granted you "Authority".

I haven't seen that happen yet. Did "management" contact you privately to request your intervention? Do you now have the "authority" you require?

Whatevers. indeed.

You are like the fat kid waiting to get picked at school.

congratulations

When we get down to the TOP 20, it would be cool if each candidate presents a statement about what's so bloody great about them! Who are some of these people?!?

I'm gonna ASK anyway. Too early now ... but later as things HEAT up.

Great idea.

I'm eighteen, and blonde. My interests are world peace and quiet, in reverse order. Sorry, - and reverse order.

If elected Poster Of The Year, I promise I will not abuse my position except for financial gain and sexual favours, although I am willing to compromise on one or the other if need be.

Vote for me -any other chaps are mere pale imitations.

I've met SC. SC is blonde. Vote SC!!

The contest has now become secondary to the massive ego the complex, drawn-out process will be designed to showcase.

Just take the top 20, stick them in a new poll, give it a proper title and let it run without dicking around with it constantly.

The contest has now become secondary to the massive ego the complex, drawn-out process will be designed to showcase.

Just take the top 20, stick them in a new poll, give it a proper title and let it run without dicking around with it constantly.

+1

Nothing wrong with a bit of dicking round, if it's done tastefully.

Indeed. But when it's 20 pages of self-aggrandizing random CAPITALS from the forum's biggest fun sponge, I think we'd be better off without it.

You made me spit my coffee with your comment above, then I worked out perspective.

Order is restored coffee1.gif

Edited by Supaluke

I want Transam to win.

He seems like fun.

And, Nancy, can we see a photo of Mr Bitey?

I've changed my vote five times, inbetween re-runs of CSI Miami.

Exactly, plus he has great taste in music and cars, I think I may vote for him myself, unsure!

Indeed. But when it's 20 pages of self-aggrandizing random CAPITALS from the forum's biggest fun sponge, I think we'd be better off without it.

Bogota. Nothing wrong with random capitals.

While we're on the topic of reverse order, can I just say that it would be better to have the poll at the bottom of the page, so that people could read the thread and learn a little about the posters in the running, before they vote. At the moment, I reckon most people vote, then read.

SC

I want Transam to win.

He seems like fun.

And, Nancy, can we see a photo of Mr Bitey?

I've changed my vote five times, inbetween re-runs of CSI Miami.

Oh,Patsycat you're just trying to get me to post that photo of Mr. Bitey and Hubby that caused such a stir last year. You know, the one where they're playing sumo cat wrestling but some people thought Hubby should be turned into the authorities for cat abuse. It's too early in the contest to bring out that photo. Not enough people paying attention yet. (and I'm sober now, anyway)

Meanwhile, Mr. Bitey is the orange cat in my avatar. He's trying to get comfortable in the kitten basket, having run out of the big cat basket by the Samurai Princess. She's all grown up now, and definitely rules the roost, despite being smaller than him.

I have had enough of the schmozzles that continue to detract from this thread and wish to take no further part in it.

Please count me out !!!

The first casualty of the Pink Shirt regime.

I publicly support Admiral Cyclist's call for a coup.

As for random capitals, allow me to add MADRID.

I publicly support Transam's call for a coupé.

Ottawa

SC

To be clear, Tranny didn't call for a coup but others did.

My apologies for the digression.

I can't imagine Transam calling for a coup, and I don't see why you brought up the subject.

SC

Or the winner could just be declared NOW!

(sorry, I'm a little behind and am just getting caught up on this thread. Been busy campaigning on the streets of Chiang Mai. You've got to pound the pavement, folks! -- or at least haunt the malls)

I publicly support Transam's call for a coupé.

Ottawa

SC

To be clear, Tranny didn't call for a coup but others did.

My apologies for the digression.

I can't imagine Transam calling for a coup, and I don't see why you brought up the subject.

SC

Silly me! clap2.gif

I don't know why it couldn't have been left well enough alone and continue as it was until yesterday till the end of the year and then decide how it would be run for next year.

The Dark Lord has spoken.. until the Jedi knights come forth you must bow and serve your new master.

I don't know why it couldn't have been left well enough alone and continue as it was until yesterday till the end of the year and then decide how it would be run for next year.

The Dark Lord has spoken.. until the Jedi knights come forth you must bow and serve your new master.

Bull

Bull

You have only a few hours until the Deathstar is in range.

Your call.

Bull

You have only a few hours until the Deathstar is in range.

Your call.

I've made my call in post #308 this page. wai.gif