POTY Rundown -VOTE CLOSED!

canuckamuck

Poster of the Year prelimnary rundown.  

150 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Anyone thought of a situation for TIE BREAKING?

For example if 10 votes gets in but there are three finishing with 10 votes?

I propose this for TIE BREAKING.

-- If they are in different sections, the ones with the higher ranking in their section, gets in

-- If they are in different sections, and ranking is the same THEN

-- By alphabetic order

So for example if there are three with 10 votes in the same section, and only one spot for 10 votes, then select the winner based alphabetical order.

Too random?

Could flip coins.

The point is, face it, someone just slipping into the top 20 probably isn't going to win anyway, and it's not worth a separate RUNOFF poll just to decide this level of TIE BREAKING.

My suggestions anyway.

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We really need someone as well as Jingthing to criticise the format of this year's competition, because any popularity competition benefits from a pair of knockers

Hummmmm, I took up the challenge of discovering the 'benefits from a pair of knockers'

27fef299f8846d61610c00447f71858a.jpg

Sadly, the better ones of visual splendidifity* could not be recanted for public consumption - shock1.gif

* invented word, English is a living language after all!

-- If they are in different sections, the ones with the higher ranking in their section, gets in

-- By alphabetic order

So for example if there are three with 10 votes in the same section, and only one spot for 10 votes, then select the winner based alphabetical order.

Too random?

Could flip coins.

The point is, face it, someone just slipping into the top 20 probably isn't going to win anyway, and it's not worth a separate RUNOFF poll just to decide this level of TIE BREAKING.

My suggestions anyway.

Drop them both

-- By alphabetic order

Too random?

Could flip coins.

My suggestions anyway.

We should not consider this as two lists, all should be included in a single list and then top scores arranged in order.

In the case of a tie it would only effect the 20th position. For example a 10 way tie for first place would simply fill in the first 10 places. but a tie overlapping the 20th position causes a problem.

It should be easy enough to solve by cutting the tied group, because they are also tied for 21st place and therefore missed the cut. This would result in less than 20 semi-finalists, but I think it is still fair.

Whatever does the job that is fairly applied.

The chances of such a tie (at the LOWER votes level) are rather high so I thought the issue was worth mentioning before it happens.

Really it could be anything, including flipping coins. The only really bad choice would be have a member decide for subjective reasons.

Edited by Jingthing

-- By alphabetic order

Too random?

Could flip coins.

My suggestions anyway.

Number of likes as a percentage of posts

I'm getting closer to making my voting decision.

Take your time...important things shouldn't be done in a rush....

Wise words, I'll do just that, I think.

I voted for everyone, because they all seem like nice people

That's a great idea, I think I'll do the same, perhaps.

The chances of such a tie (at the LOWER votes level) are rather high so I thought the issue was worth mentioning before it happens.

Really it could be anything, including flipping coins. The only really bad choice would be have a member decide for subjective reasons.

You overthink things sometimes JT, chill man.

You overthink things sometimes JT, chill man.

It's watching the man's Friday night speeches, he's bursting with energy and happiness.

I'm getting closer to making my voting decision.

Take your time...important things shouldn't be done in a rush....

Wise words, I'll do just that, I think.

I voted for everyone, because they all seem like nice people

I've not voted for anyone as I'm serving a sentence at a five star resort in Southern Thailand and left my laptop in Bangkok.

I'm devastated by the lack of postal voting organisation in this election.

I bet even the Issan peasants have been allowed to vote....no wonder things are going awry!

Genuine, traditional Cornish Pasty recipe for all that vote for me...

This is my Great Grandmothers recipe that only certain tin miners and close family have ever tried.

It's worth a vote !!

That's all I got....

Don't vote for tin men...follow your hearts!

This is my Great Grandmothers recipe that only certain tin miners and close family have ever tried.

It's worth a vote !!

That's all I got....

You better not put carrot in it.

It's worth a vote !!

That's all I got....

Oh dear, I really do need to consult with my campaign managers. This is what they've come up with as the incentive for all who vote for me -- a free copy of this book. Currently they are in the other room of our palatial Chiang Mai condo with Hubby, working their way thru all the craft projects in the book: Something tells me this won't stand up to TransAm's CD set. (Oh but wait, cat hair can totally mess up the CD player.)

post-68373-0-34312100-1450106615_thumb.j

It's worth a vote !!

That's all I got....

I did vote for you along with all the others ,as much as I love a cornish pasty ..I couldnt handle the heartburn ,sorry.You are off.

A bit of fun?!?

Are you having a laugh?

I assume you and the OP worked together to get this up and running. Excellent work.

I see too you've started a bit a campaigning in the LGBT sub-forum. I think that's great.

I've just voted for 6 Forum Superstars!

I notice a trend here that echoes previous years. For goodness sake it is a poll to select the poster of the year and not a popularity contest.

pollnoun UK /pəʊl/ US /poʊl/
[C] a ​study in which ​people are ​asked for ​theiropinions about a ​subject or ​person:We're carrying out/​conducting a poll to ​find out what ​peoplethink about ​abortion.

I notice a trend here that echoes previous years. For goodness sake it is a poll to select the poster of the year and not a popularity contest.

pollnoun UK /pəʊl/ US /poʊl/
[C] a ​study in which ​people are ​asked for ​theiropinions about a ​subject or ​person:We're carrying out/​conducting a poll to ​find out what ​peoplethink about ​abortion.

Nah I dont get it ,can you explain with a picture or a song maybe?