POTY Rundown -VOTE CLOSED!

canuckamuck

Poster of the Year prelimnary rundown.  

150 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I notice a trend here that echoes previous years. For goodness sake it is a poll to select the poster of the year and not a popularity contest.

pollnoun UK /pəʊl/ US /poʊl/
[C] a ​study in which ​people are ​asked for ​theiropinions about a ​subject or ​person:We're carrying out/​conducting a poll to ​find out what ​peoplethink about ​abortion.

Nah I dont get it ,can you explain with a picture or a song maybe?

I'll ask Transam our artist in residence if he can help out there.whistling.gif

Edited by Ron19

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't seem to have had much positive campaigning yet.

I would have thought posters would be singing the praises of their preferred candidate.

Unfortunately my internet access is limited from the office.

Maybe someone could youtube and post Songs of Praise.

SC

All the top candidates are pretty much assured of moving on to the second round so not much point in pandering at this point in the process. I assume we all start from zero again in the next phase so it really doesn’t matter how many votes you have at this point as long as you make it through.

There is a real danger of voter fatigue if this goes on too long or people have to vote too many times for the same individual. Only 92 people have voted so far which is not a great turnout.

Why do I have the feeling that something that was made relatively simple yesterday by Ron, is now starting to look complicated again? biggrin.png

why do i get the feeling that jingthing just cant leave well enough alone?

he had every opportunity to step up and administer this farce and did not,

now he seems to be intent to exert his influence one way or another.

if the past is any indicator, the high point of this exercise will be jingthing losing his sh*t, despite protestations that he is not involved.

bring it on

Why do I have the feeling that something that was made relatively simple yesterday by Ron, is now starting to look complicated again? biggrin.png

if the past is any indicator, the high point of this exercise will be jingthing losing his sh*t, despite protestations that he is not involved.

bring it on

I liked the bit where he pretended to be pleased that someone else had taken charge.

All the top candidates are pretty much assured of moving on to the second round so not much point in pandering at this point in the process. I assume we all start from zero again in the next phase so it really doesn’t matter how many votes you have at this point as long as you make it through.

There is a real danger of voter fatigue if this goes on too long or people have to vote too many times for the same individual. Only 92 people have voted so far which is not a great turnout.

well pointed out, from looking at the voter numbers and reading the thread there seems to be little interest beyond those directly involved.

I'm planning to hold a rally of my supporters this evening. Venue to be announced.

Sit down table or just a few stools thrown together?

There's no call for that sort of disgusting toilet humour

When will the call come?

When the stools hit the fan

(perhaps someone can post a suitable video of football violence in a pub to illustrate this)

well pointed out, from looking at the voter numbers and reading the thread there seems to be little interest beyond those directly involved.

It would get more attention in General, and with the title as Poster of the year.

I'm sure I am the first to mention this

It would get more attention in General, and with the title as Poster of the year.

You are right about the title. POTY Rundown is a terrible title and one most people will not understand.

bring it on

I liked the bit where he pretended to be pleased that someone else had taken charge.

Who is in charge??

You are right about the title. POTY Rundown is a terrible title and one most people will not understand.

To me the title translates to what most members think about this years poll.

it would seem that the fact that this is relegated to the pub is a pretty fine indication of a lack of admin support.

Maybe someone should go post in the other forums and try and drum up a bit of interest?

I agree to this providing it is not directed at encouraging someone to vote for a particular person.

Let them make up their own minds about who or if they wish. That means that this wouldn't be allowed. " Your vote is important. Make it count. Vote SB." facepalm.gif

Can someone draft up a suitable messge and I will post it onto the threads that I frequent.

In the meantime,I'll try and think of a suitable one.

Also is it possible to change the name for the final 20 to maybe " Poster Of The Year Final " or something similar ?

I notice that the title for the current round is actually " Poster of the Year prelimnary rundown ".

Edited by Ron19

At times I long for the days when I had access to the PM's cellar....such fine port in there......but then I look out at Koh Kradan and this Leo tastes so nice....<sigh>....if only a new dictator would emerge from the rabble and lead this contest into new and spectacular horizons.....

Remember this is just the pruning stage of the nominations. The previous thread did have poster of the year in the title. As I admit this one should have. So we got all the names we were going to get. And also a number of fine posters declined to run. So tomorrow night there will be a new thread with a proper title and we can campaign to have it running in the general forum.

Remember this is just the pruning stage of the nominations. The previous thread did have poster of the year in the title. As I admit this one should have. So we got all the names we were going to get. And also a number of fine posters declined to run. So tomorrow night there will be a new thread with a proper title and we can campaign to have it running in the general forum.

All good OP.You have done a fine job.

All good OP.You have done a fine job.

Agreed, and in recognition he will receive a Trans CD vol 2 through the post...giggle.gif

But, he won't give me his address...............cheesy.gif

I don't blame him, you'd most likely turn up with your supporting group " The Knuckledusters Inc "