POTY Rundown -VOTE CLOSED!

canuckamuck

Poster of the Year prelimnary rundown.  

150 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Later tonight I will detail a comprehensive proposal with schedule to bring this contest to completion. I will volunteer to do all the "work" going forward. Unless someone else comes forward to do all that.

It was the Captain's uniform that got you over the line eh?

Can anyone remember when the final vote ended last year? Did we run it until Dec 31?

So you want to take full ownership of this? If so I won't bother with my proposal. Please let me know what you decide.

BTW it seems you will make the top 20. Normally people running this are NOT in the contest at all.

Edited by Jingthing

Can anyone remember when the final vote ended last year? Did we run it until Dec 31?

So you want to take full ownership of this? If so I won't bother with my proposal. Please let me know what you decide.

BTW it seems you will make the top 20. Normally people running this are NOT in the contest at all.

Yes to canuchamuck and I agree with JT that the person running the show should have an impartiality....people might not agree with decisions made in previous contests but none were ever made to favour any particular candidate.

That rules out anyone in the contest for sure.

Yes to canuchamuck and I agree with JT that the person running the show should have an impartiality....people might not agree with decisions made in previous contests but none were ever made to favour any particular candidate.

That rules out anyone in the contest for sure.

Well I will gladly step back, my only contribution was to get us out of that stupid deadlock we were in. Where no one could decide how to thin out the herd.

I hand over my awesome power now to JT may he wield it with great perspicacity.

OK, I communicated with Canuckamuck and unless there is some kind of coup, I am running this show going forward.

The main reasons I didn't push to run it from the start was because I had considered and rejected a MULTIPLE poll contest to edit the initial large rough list down to a starting 20. So I was only willing to do this if there was a way not involving me or any other members to do that controversial business. The mods clearly weren't willing.

So then thanks to Canuckamuck he took the initiative and did a MULTIPLE poll to get down to 20. It worked OK and now we're in business.

So now I am fine with taking this forward now because the SITUATION had changed.

Full PLAN coming soon.

Unless there is a coup (up to y'all) that's how it's gonna be.

Edited by Jingthing

OK, I communicated with Canuckamuck and unless there is some kind of coup, I am running this show going forward.

The main reasons I didn't push to run it from the start was because I had considered and rejected a MULTIPLE poll contest to edit the initial large rough list down to a starting 20. So I was only willing to do this if there was a way not involving me or any other members to do that controversial business. The mods clearly weren't willing.

So then thanks to Canuckamuck he took the initiative and did a MULTIPLE poll to get down to 20. It worked OK and now we're in business.

So now I am fine with taking this forward now because the SITUATION had changed.

Full PLAN coming soon.

Unless there is a coup (up to y'all) that's how it's gonna be.

I expected nothing less!

An announcement of an impending announcement!

The excitement level is rising

PLAN AND SCHEDULE

THAIVISA POSTER OF THE YEAR CONTEST 2015

starting from now

This current "POTY RUNDOWN" multiple section voting poll will be over on:

Thursday 17 DECEMBER at midnight, Thailand time

At that time, the TOP 20 member with the most votes from a MERGE of the two sections will be announced.

In the case any tie breakers are needed for the last place(s) I will announce the rules for that at that time.

SEMIFINAL: TOWARDS THE TOP 5

Soon after the results are announced for the TOP 20, there will be a NEW VOTING POLL of the TOP 20 members.

Only ONE vote will be allowed. No voting for multiple members as in the POTY RUNDOWN polls.

Voters will still be able to CHANGE THEIR VOTES up until the deadline (the software allows it).

The SEMIFINAL: TOWARDS THE TOP 5 voting poll will be over on:

Thursday 24 DECEMBER at midnight, Thailand time.

CHRISTMAS EVE.

Soon after, the TOP 5 winners will be announced, and then on to the finals.

THE GRAND FINAL, SELECTING OUR WINNER

The FINAL poll will begin early Christmas morning.

Voters choose one choice out of 5.

Changing votes is allowed.

The GRAND DEADLINE FOR THE GRAND FINAL is

Thursday 31 DECEMBER 2015 at midnight, Thailand time.

New Year's Eve.

The WINNER ANNOUNCED.

Note: The management will be asked to CLOSE the contests at the official deadline times (by me). I will FREEZE THE VOTING at the closing times regardless of whether the management closes the threads or not, and paste in the FINAL RESULTS into a post. Changing any votes after the deadlines will NOT be honored.

Above was the full plan to completion with happy ending.

But that's too much information for considering where we are at NOW.

This current POTY RUNOFF down to 20.

So I will post the VOTING DEADLINE info for that again here:

At that time, the TOP 20 member with the most votes from a MERGE of the two sections will be announced.

In the case any tie breakers are needed for the last place(s) I will announce the rules for that at that time.

PLAN AND SCHEDULE

THAIVISA POSTER OF THE YEAR CONTEST 2015

starting from now

SEMIFINAL: TOWARDS THE TOP 5

Soon after the results are announced for the TOP 20, there will be a NEW VOTING POLL of the TOP 20 members.

Only ONE vote will be allowed. No voting for multiple members as in the POTY RUNDOWN polls.

Voters will still be able to CHANGE THEIR VOTES up until the deadline (the software allows it).

The SEMIFINAL: TOWARDS THE TOP 5 voting poll will be over on:

Thursday 24 DECEMBER at midnight, Thailand time.

CHRISTMAS EVE.

Soon after, the TOP 5 winners will be announced, and then on to the finals.

THE GRAND FINAL, SELECTING OUR WINNER

The FINAL poll will begin early Christmas morning.

Voters choose one choice out of 5.

Changing votes is allowed.

The GRAND DEADLINE FOR THE GRAND FINAL is

Thursday 31 DECEMBER 2015 at midnight, Thailand time.

New Year's Eve.

The WINNER ANNOUNCED.

Note: The management will be asked to CLOSE the contests at the official deadline times (by me). I will FREEZE THE VOTING at the closing times regardless of whether the management closes the threads or not, and paste in the FINAL RESULTS into a post. Changing any votes after the deadlines will NOT be honored.

Bang goes my planned New Years Eve celebrations!!

Seriously now. This nutcase had his chance, blustered for about ten pages about how he didn't want to be involved unless the MANAGEMENT gave him some kind of blessing, then pretended that he was glad someone else took charge because that was his plan all along. Do we really want someone who's clearly this unstable running things? I vote no.

Yes to canuchamuck and I agree with JT that the person running the show should have an impartiality

Which is exactly why an unstable, grudge-wielding fruitcake with half the forum on his ignore list is the last person we should let anywhere near the controls.

Edited by SoiBiker

I am generally not responding to deranged TROLL posts, but for the duration of this contest, on all of the polling threads, I WILL read all posts from ALL members.

I have set the schedule.

If y'all want to have a coup, be my guest and get it together. But I'm assuming that is not going to happen, so starting at midnight 17 December, the plan goes into ACTION.

Thanks yet again to CANUCKAMUCK for taking the initiative to starting this current multiple section poll where we're going to get to the TOP 20, very soon.

Edited by Jingthing

Please limit the troll posts.
This is a contest for the contestants.

The running of the contest should be as SEAMLESS as possible.

I've set the plan. I think it's very clear.

If people need clarification about the plan, by all means ask.

Also, in lieu of a coup, I think it's fair that I won't be posting any campaigning type posts from now on for ANY contender.

Edited by Jingthing

Like I said, I will read all posts, even super FLAME TROLL posts, but I will only respond if there is something of merit and relevance to the contest to respond to.

Don't even bother to TRY to provoke me. I've seen it all. Been there. Done that.

I will go ahead with this plan unless there is an active coup where someone else starts implementing an alternative plan. If you want to have a coup, just DO IT, and stop whining about it.

Edited by Jingthing

Seriously now. This nutcase had his chance, blustered for about ten pages about how he didn't want to be involved unless the MANAGEMENT gave him some kind of blessing, then pretended that he was glad someone else took charge because that was his plan all along. Do we really want someone who's clearly this unstable running things? I vote no.

I vote yes.

Can we add this as a third question in the poll?

The qualification poll is still Canuckamuck's isn't it?

I vote yes.

Can we add this as a third question in the poll?

The qualification poll is still Canuckamuck's isn't it?

Lets start a new poll. A vote of no confidence in the self-appointed poll lord.

Frankly, this whole thing has been a bit of a non-starter. A total reboot might be for the best.

I think JT will be a great poll-master.

But I do think that we should have a separate poll on tie-break guidelines.

Until the new mid-tewrm split rules came into place, the Superleague play-offs ran like this:

Elimination Quarter-finals

5 v 8 for a place in the Quarter-Finals

6 v 7 for a place in the Quarter-Finals

Qualification Quarter-Finals

1 v 4 for a place in the Semi-Finals

2 v 3 for a place in the Semi-Finals

Quarter-Finals

Winner Elimination QF 2 v Loser Qualification QF 1 for a place in the Semi-Finals

Winner Elimination QF 1 v Loser Qualification QF 2 for a place in the Semi-Finals

Semi-Finals

Winner Qualification QF 1 v Winner QF 2

Winner Qualification QF2 v Winner QF 1

Final

Winner SF1 v Winner SF2, which I think is a bit of a cop-out on the complexity stakes

Anyway, if the greatest minds (he said, laughingly) of TV can't come up with something more complicated than that, then we don't deserve to be laughingly called the greatest minds

SC

Don't even bother to TRY to provoke me. I've seen it all. Been there. Done that.

I'm not sure if "perils before swine" or "throwing down a red guantlet in front of a cart in front of a bull" is the correct metaphor here.

Anyway, I'm up for a challenge; nothing is impossible

SC

I'm tempted to post the Grand Final poll now between Sheryl and that bloke that was whinging about not being nominated, straight away.

Sheryl is both a mod (disqualified) and a previous year's winner (qualified but once is enough).

But go ahead. Who's stopping you? A lot of bark and no bite in this joint.

Edited by Jingthing