POTY Rundown -VOTE CLOSED!

canuckamuck

Poster of the Year prelimnary rundown.  

150 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was concerned at the level of personal remarks made last year. To try and maintain a bit of decorum, can I suggest that we use numbers rather than names, and only reveal the names of the candidates after the election?

Actually, to avoid hurting the feelings of the runners-up, perhaps we only reveal the name of the winner after the election.

That's the way secret ballots are normally run, isn't it?

SC

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember this is just the pruning stage of the nominations. The previous thread did have poster of the year in the title. As I admit this one should have. So we got all the names we were going to get. And also a number of fine posters declined to run. So tomorrow night there will be a new thread with a proper title and we can campaign to have it running in the general forum.

All good OP.You have done a fine job.

Agreed, and in recognition he will receive a Trans CD vol 2 through the post...giggle.gif

But, he won't give me his address...............cheesy.gif

Can I have a copy of Vols 1 and 2 please Trans?

They are great for scaring birds from the vege garden.

More VOTING PRODDING REQUIRED.

I am here to help (again):

Bump Voting Stimulator

post-37101-0-40440100-1450162378_thumb.j

Folks: Here's the deal.

This is a RUNOFF where the top 20 contenders for

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2015

are selected. By you, the voters.

You can vote for as many members as you like, but you are required to vote for AT LEAST one in each section to record any votes.

Later on, you will be able to CHANGE YOUR VOTES, which adds excitement to the contest when nearing the deadline.

After the TOP 20 CONTENDERS are chosen, then it's off to the NEXT PHASE of this edge of your seat tournament.

Y'all have fun.

Note: At any time, you can change your votes.

To do so, Click

Delete My Vote and start over with your new choices.

I notice a trend here that echoes previous years. For goodness sake it is a poll to select the poster of the year and not a popularity contest.

pollnoun UK /pəʊl/ US /poʊl/
[C] a ​study in which ​people are ​asked for ​theiropinions about a ​subject or ​person:We're carrying out/​conducting a poll to ​find out what ​peoplethink about ​abortion.

Nah I dont get it ,can you explain with a picture or a song maybe?

Like running for the Student Council in High School, this looks to be a bit of a closed-shop. Those in the know, nominating those in the know.

I don't see my name in the list. Hummm. And I though I had all the qualifications to be a POTY mouth. whistling.gif

Oh well, what the hell. Some of us are just destined to tread-water, infinitely, in the blogosphere of our own obscurity.
C'est la vie!

Why do I have the feeling that something that was made relatively simple yesterday by Ron, is now starting to look complicated again? biggrin.png

why do i get the feeling that jingthing just cant leave well enough alone?

he had every opportunity to step up and administer this farce and did not,

now he seems to be intent to exert his influence one way or another.

if the past is any indicator, the high point of this exercise will be jingthing losing his sh*t, despite protestations that he is not involved.

bring it on

I liked the bit where he pretended to be pleased that someone else had taken charge.

Who is in charge??

We're an anarcho-syndicalist commune! We're taking turns to act as a sort of executive-officer-for-the-week--But all the decisions of that officer 'ave to be ratified at a special bi-weekly meeting--By a simple majority, in the case of purely internal affairs--But by a two-thirds majority, in the case of more major..........wink.png

Like running for the Student Council in High School, this looks to be a bit of a closed-shop. Those in the know, nominating those in the know.

I don't see my name in the list. Hummm. And I though I had all the qualifications to be a POTY mouth. whistling.gif

Oh well, what the hell. Some of us are just destined to tread-water, infinitely, in the blogosphere of our own obscurity.

C'est la vie!

Is there a section that covers all sections?

Please provide link, otherwise the POTY thread will continue to run in the same section as previous years.

For next year, I nominate connda.

Not much action on here today

attachicon.gifMerged List Top 20b.PNG

My crew are just revving up, our songs will be released here soon for our WOW factor......drunk.gif

I've never been asked to sing again after my last effort undertaken following 6 bottles of it.

attachicon.gifSingha.jpg

That''s my definition of danger, that is.

Peril's a Singha

C'est la vie!

Please provide link, otherwise the POTY thread will continue to run in the same section as previous years.

Thai Visa News forum would be the place to put it.

Sensational POTY vote goes to the wire!

The drama should/could intensify as we get to the later stages.

Another reason that I strong suggest a further NARROWING down to a TOP 5 from the TOP 20 being determined now.

More focus, more excitement.

Can people handle much more excitement?

C'est la vie!

This contest ran in the General Forum every year except for now.

Another reason that I strong suggest a further NARROWING down to a TOP 5 from the TOP 20 being determined now.

Straight to a Top 5?

the 55555 POTY Meltdown?

C'est la vie!

This contest ran in the General Forum every year except for now.

POTY should be In General rather than this deep south section

I second this idea....I was too lazy to implement this kind of thing in past years but it would be cutthroat I reckon.

Remember how you didn't want to organise things?

why do i get the feeling that jingthing just cant leave well enough alone?

he had every opportunity to step up and administer this farce and did not,

now he seems to be intent to exert his influence one way or another.

if the past is any indicator, the high point of this exercise will be jingthing losing his sh*t, despite protestations that he is not involved.

bring it on

I liked the bit where he pretended to be pleased that someone else had taken charge.

Who is in charge??

We're an anarcho-syndicalist commune! We're taking turns to act as a sort of executive-officer-for-the-week--But all the decisions of that officer 'ave to be ratified at a special bi-weekly meeting--By a simple majority, in the case of purely internal affairs--But by a two-thirds majority, in the case of more major..........wink.png

"Tyranny of the majority" = Democracy

And lest my fellow Americans forget, our country was established as a Republic, not a Democracy. There are good reasons why.

This is far too pleasant for a POTY thread.

Aren't we supposed to be posting photos of kittens and babies? And where are the 3am drunken rants and phobic slurs?

It's early yet.

yet another reason this ship needs an experienced Captain at the helm...to guide it successfully into muddy waters.

Captain Jingthing, your uniform awaits!