POTY Rundown -VOTE CLOSED!

canuckamuck

Poster of the Year prelimnary rundown.  

150 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It seems there is support to have this years nominations for Poster Of The Year thinned down to a group of 20.

There is two polls attached to this thread in which you will be given the ability to pick several names from each list. The top 20 names overall will become another poll in which we will pick the final few to go all out in the annual throwdown - the TV POTY Finale

Good luck to all nominees.

Edit: Title should read rundown, but puns are allowed.

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting choice to allow multiple choices on each list.

I definitely wouldn't have done that; instead I would have allowed only one choice on each list as in One from Column A and One from Column B, but it is certainly interesting!

Your poll design certainly does SPICE THINGS UP. Wow.

Not saying it's wrong -- it may indeed be INSPIRED and BRILLIANT. clap2.gif

May the games begin.

I do suggest you ask the mods to edit the title.

It's really that bad and will really hurt in attracting voters here.

A lot of people don't even know what POTY means so why would they click here?

When is the ENDING DATE AND TIME for this poll?

Voters, keep in mind due the software design on this forum, you are ALLOWED to change your votes at any time before the ENDING TIME.

That adds lots of DRAMA.

How to do?

Simply click

Delete My Vote

and it will wipe out ALL of your current votes.

Then revote as you wish.

You may wish to do this closer to the ENDING TIME (another reason it is important to specify that) if for example some of your favorites don't look like they'll make the cut. Or really for any reason you like!

All power to the voters.

You are right about the title, and I hope the mods help me out to fix it. It should say poster of the year rundown. But you can't fix a topic title by yourself.

The reason for the multiple choices is because someone might be everyone's second or third favorite and that might be enough to get them on the next list. but with one choice per list that person might not get recognized.

I asked the question in the nomination thread, but it's been closed now.

What happened to Street Cowboy?

Didn't make the cut into the final 40?

I just went from the list that was compiled. I do believe Street Cowboy was nominated, so I hope we can get him on there.

there is room for two more names on list 2.

Interesting choice to allow multiple choices on each list.

I definitely wouldn't have done that; instead I would have allowed only one choice on each list as in One from Column A and One from Column B, but it is certainly interesting!

Your poll design certainly does SPICE THINGS UP. Wow.

Not saying it's wrong -- it may indeed be INSPIRED and BRILLIANT. clap2.gif

May the games begin.

I do suggest you ask the mods to edit the title.

It's really that bad and will really hurt in attracting voters here.

A lot of people don't even know what POTY means so why would they click here?

What are you saying here JT?

Change it to POTY Meltdown?

Good luck to all the Nominees of POTY, there are some big name Thai Visa members on the two lists so there will be many disappointments, and dare I say it, some skullduggery too,but that's part of the fun,if entered in the right spirit.

Oh dear, is it that time of year again?

This idea of two lists seems interesting, although I think I missed something. Maybe I should have seen the latest installment of Hunger Games or something to understand what's going on. I'm so out of it when it comes to pop culture references.

Does this mean I'm just going to be competing against the people on list No. 2 and not the ones on list No. 1?

I really need to know so I can focus my research appropriately.

This idea of two lists seems interesting, although I think I missed something. Maybe I should have seen the latest installment of Hunger Games or something to understand what's going on. I'm so out of it when it comes to pop culture references.

Does this mean I'm just going to be competing against the people on list No. 2 and not the ones on list No. 1?

It's great to see nearly all the old gang from last year here again.

The top 20 from the entire group (both lists combined) will runoff in another poll, we are just trying to knock down the numbers so everyone will fit in the next poll. The limit for a poll is 20.

Archived