POTY Rundown -VOTE CLOSED!

canuckamuck

Poster of the Year prelimnary rundown.  

150 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I still think lots of people will read any thread that gets bumped up a lot as long as it has a CLICK ME heading. Even if it's on the Albino insect farmers forum. Maybe especially so!

Many of us never use the "new content" facility.

I don't.

True. But many do.

I think there was a POLL about that. coffee1.gif

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When it's down to the FINAL 5 GRAND FINALE, more people will look at the contestants more closely.

Now and also in the TOP 20 semi-finals, it's more like U.S. republican party "debate" -- often called a CLOWN CAR, but I have more respect for soem of our choices this year. Definitely not all clowns.

With such a comprehensive schedule this year, do you think it could be a case of 'Last Voter Standing' deciding the vote?

This year's poll reminds me of the Star Wars prequels. A long-awaited follow up to something genuinely fun, which turns out to be a total snoozefest dominated by boring scenes of political procedure and a main character who possesses neither charm or wit. Even a few half-hearted fight scenes can't liven it up.

This year's poll reminds me of the Star Wars prequels. A long-awaited follow up to something genuinely fun, which turns out to be a total snoozefest dominated by boring scenes of political procedure and a main character who possesses neither charm or wit. Even a few half-hearted fight scenes can't liven it up.

Thanks for sharing.

It would to too impolite for me to say what your sour attitude reminds me.

Thanks for sharing.

It would to too impolite for me to say what your sour attitude reminds me.

He's no wookie is he!

Members:

This here poll is to narrow down the super large field to a TOP 20 for the POSTER OF THE YEAR contest, 2015.

You need to vote for AT LEAST one member in each of the two sections, but beyond that you are free to vote for as many choices as you like.

Even all of them if you're feeling silly.

Also, you are free to change your votes until the deadline determining the TOP 20.

That deadline is Thursday 17 December at midnight.

To change your vote, simply click

Delete My Vote, and then re-vote.

Ron19 has exited the contest and his votes won't be counted.

Edited by Jingthing

Pandering in the CM forum?

You should get out more.

There are so many other forums to PANDER in.

Better ones too I dare to say. laugh.png

Yes, maybe I should go to a forum for a place I've never visited, like Hua Hin and start to post really off-the-wall stuff. Invent an entirely new Hua Hin Nancy, or how about Farmer Nancy?

You should get out more.

Yes, maybe I should go to a forum for a place I've never visited, like Hua Hin and start to post really off-the-wall stuff. Invent an entirely new Hua Hin Nancy, or how about Farmer Nancy?

Super Nancy

You should get out more.

Super Nancy

Nancy no nick......

Once we reach the next round, we should have one of those debates where all the candidates have to answer a series of questions.

Would it be possible for the first question to be:

What inspires you to post so many times on Thai Visa Forum?

Edited by alex8912

How about one of those leader board thingies again, showing the current MERGED to 20 as we approach the deadline, tomorrow night?

NancyL is in the lead.

I got that far.

Who's on the edge of staying or going?

Drum roll ...

Edited by Jingthing

How about one of those leader board thingies again, showing the current MERGED to 20 as we approach the deadline, tomorrow night?

NancyL is in the lead.

I got that far.

Drum roll ...

You mean your Death Star is still over a day away?

Still time for Han Solo to join this forum...or even Princess Leia for some eye candy!

NancyL is in the lead.

I got that far.

Drum roll ...

Only on Thai Visa could such a simple thing as letting people vote for a 'poster of the year' manage to generate 18 pages of debate and arguement about how it should be run....

I am not impressed with those who boast how little they know about ThaiVisa and other posters. It is embarrassing how focussed people are on their own little fiefdoms and their egos. The pettiness, the putdowns and the constant bickering, along with the lowbrow toilet humor make this a very disturbing topic to read through. I can see why those who are not directly involved may not have the stomach for it.bah.gif blink.png

NancyL is in the lead.

I got that far.

Drum roll ...

Only on Thai Visa could such a simple thing as letting people vote for a 'poster of the year' manage to generate 18 pages of debate and arguement about how it should be run....

It's fascinating; in a Doctor Demento sort of way

NancyL is in the lead.

I got that far.

Drum roll ...

Prove it.

I am not impressed with those who boast how little they know about ThaiVisa and other posters. It is embarrassing how focussed people are on their own little fiefdoms and their egos. The pettiness, the putdowns and the constant bickering, along with the lowbrow toilet humor make this a very disturbing topic to read through. I can see why those who are not directly involved may not have the stomach for it.bah.gif blink.png

I'm disappointed you never commented on my photo.

I was quite happy with that one.

The current leader board:

In the TOP 20 at this point are BOLDED:

NancyL 43 votes
Transam 34 votes
Uptheos 27 votes
Villagefarang 26 votes
MaejoMTB 23 votes
UlyssesG 21 votes
Patsycat 19 votes
Street Cowboy 18 votes
Naam 15 votes
Crazy chef 14 votes
Soibiker 14 votes
Fletchsmile 14 votes
Ron19 13 votes WITHDRAWN
Canuckamuck 12 votes
PGraham 12 votes
Cypresshill 11 votes
Meatboy 10 votes
Kittenkong 10
Fang37 9 votes
Jlcrab 9 votes
JAFO 8 votes TIE BREAKER ZONE!crazy.gif
Paz (8 votes TIE BREAKER ZONE!crazy.gif
Lannarebirth 7 votes
Puukao 7 votes
AlexRRR 7 votes
H90 7 votes
Cornishcarlos 7 votes
So RIGHT NOW, 9 votes gets you in the TOP 20, 8 votes is in the current TIE BREAKER zone, but those with 5 to 8 votes have definitely still got a good shot!
Excitement time!
You can change your vote until the deadline.
Some tactical vote changing even at the last minute could change the results RADICALLY.
The rest of the list, unsorted:
Berkshire (6 votes
Opalred (4 votes
Balo (5 votes
Publicus (6 votes
Pinkpanther69 (6 votes
Morch (6 votes
Canarysun (6 votes
Notmyself (4 votes
Robertthebruce (6 votes
1Baddat (5 votes
Dennis123 (5 votes
Edited by Jingthing

I'm disappointed you never commented on my photo.

I was quite happy with that one.

Sorry I missed that lovely photo. I was out on my bike most of the day and when I got back there were so many posts I just skimmed through them very quickly and missed your photo. I am assuming that is yours and that it is not recent. Correct me if I am wrong.