avg zen

zlodnick

I have avg antivirus free and I recently responded to a popup that I thought was a normal upgrade. now my avg free icon has dissapeared and the avg zen icon is there. I have no way to run a scan.

I googled the problem and it seems avg has really scamed people into signing up for zen, just like I have.

Google says it can be fixed by uninstalling avg then zen and then downloading avg free again. The whole process is a bit complicated and some people have said they wernt able to do it. I doubt very much that I could do it, so Im just wondering if I should just leave it as it is?

Google said zen has made some computers run slowly and I have noticed mine is running much slower lately.

Sincerely, Z

Nothing complicated in uninstalling all AVG parts and reinstalling the free version, really.

Just don't forget to restart computer between the two phases.

And if you're unhappy with his (I can understand you'd be) just install another free a/v, there are many: Avast, Avira...

Edited by Lannig

Nothing complicated in uninstalling all AVG parts and reinstalling the free version, really.

And if you're unhappy with his (I can understand you'd be) just install another free a/v, there are many: Avast, Avira...

Believe me there is.

I had the same problem. I tried to uninstall but not all components were removed.

Now I cannot do anything. Can't remove the rest. Can't reinstall.

I have used AVG as long as I can remember and never had problems until now.

I am thinking of doing a clean install of Windows 10 , but apart from AVG I don't have any other problems.

Believe me there is.

I had the same problem. I tried to uninstall but not all components were removed.

I am thinking of doing a clean install of Windows 10 , but apart from AVG I don't have any other problems.

Humm... never had anything like this, maybe running Windows 10 plays a role here.

Have you tried AVG's own remover? http://www.avg.com/ww-en/utilities

I was there, done it. Please download if from them: http://www.avg.com/ww-en/utilities

Once you've all deleted look into your program files and delete all files that show AVG.

If it doesn't let you delete it, please try in safe mode.

If that doesn't work, please download "move to", "copy to" virus free here: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/add-copy-to-move-to-on-windows-vista-right-click-menu/

If you can't delete some files, just move them to your desktop and then in the bin. It works, had the same problem before. Best of luck.

Edited by lostinisaan

Believe me there is.

Humm... never had anything like this, maybe running Windows 10 plays a role here.

Have you tried AVG's own remover? http://www.avg.com/ww-en/utilities

It's got nothing to do with Windows 10. Same <deleted> can happen when running 7, XP, or 8....

It can be very complicated, especially when you don't find the program anymore. Neither under Control Panel, nor using advanced Uninstallers.

The whole AVG has changed, no matter if it's the free version that all in a sudden downmloa\ds stuff you didn't even agreed with.

They're not asking the customer anymore which is one of the reasons why I only use their flagship Tune up.

Edited by lostinisaan

Thanks for the replys. Ive been doing some more research and it doesnt look good. People are not only not able to uninstall avg and zen, but in trying, they have made the problem even worse.

I dont dare to try, so Im wondering if I should just leave it as it is?

Sincerely, Z

Happened to me yesterday.

I decided that enough is enough, and uninstalled it and downloaded Avast! instead.

It was quite easy to uninstall with Ccleaner.

AVG had to be uninstalled first. Then AVG Zen could be uninstalled.

Needed to restart the PC (Win 7) after each.

5 minutes in total.

Done.

Ccleaner

Tools

AVG - uninstall.

retart pc as prompted.

AVG Zen - uninstall.

restart as prompted.

Download Avast!

Update and scan.

done.

Also updated and ran Malwarebytes and Superantispyware, as I was at it.

Edited by condo bought