VOTE NOW: Poster of the Year 2015 Sizzlin' Hot Semifinal Round

Jingthing

VOTE NOW: Poster of the Year 2015 Sizzlin' Hot Semifinal Round  

309 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

When and where posted was the nomination phase???? I read daily and don't recall any posting even saying anything about poster of the year being brought up...... Do the regular members make nominations or do the admins and mods make up the first round???

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/878367-poty-rundown-vote-closed/

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JT, sweetie, I just realized this is a "semi-final" contest. Does this mean that the candidate list is going to be narrowed down again, all the votes wiped out and I'll have to ask my supporters to vote one more time? They're busy people, you know.

At least one more time.

And who are you`?

Ah'm fine. Hoo's yersel'?

I'm Streetcowboy, with a limited sense of humour that is easily hidden.

I do my best to keep you abreast of sometimes-overlooked rugby matches

And I'm eighteen and blonde.

And I promise not to abuse my position as Poster Of The Year, other than for financial gain and sexual favours.

SC

A short note about the forum placement of this VOTING contest.

Notice this is in the GENERAL FORUM which is a high exposure, more "respectable" forum.

This is where we want it to be.

However ... IF this voting contest degrades into a non-stop BICKERING FESTIVAL, it will banished to the "Siberia" of Farang Pub.

So, PLEASE get the hint and keep the bickering on the more CIVIL side, OK?

Bantering? Yes.

Bickering? No.

huh ..............?

When and where posted was the nomination phase???? I read daily and don't recall any posting even saying anything about poster of the year being brought up...... Do the regular members make nominations or do the admins and mods make up the first round???

I'm curious as to how long and how many posts the lowest on the list had under their belt?

Re your point on the remainder:

groucho-marxs-quotes-2.jpg

Good luck to whoever wins :)

Where was the nomination phase? I see many posters i recognize, a few I don't, a couple I would have nominated.

My apologies, but who are these posters?

Crazy chef1? Food forum?

Villagefarang? Posts some photos?

Meatboy? who?

Could they provide some information on themselves?

i am the DAFT TAFF with the TALKING DOG.

This is an interesting concept and would be worth giving it some thought over the coming months.

" or do the admins and mods make up the first round? "

Can you please tell why Sheryl is not on the list?

My God....havent heard that for about 40yrs......cheesy.gif

If you my neighbour matey, you would hear that sort of stuff every day...intheclub.gif ...................tongue.png

I'll pray for the Neighbors....biggrin.png ...Are ya singing Xmas Carols yet???. Dont forget to say MERRY XMAS this year and not Happy Holidays...

Admin/Mods have absolutely no involvement in the voting process. This is for members by members.

There were allegations one previous year that some of the mods had rigged the poll.

Luckily in my course of investigation I bumped into George and after considerable deliberation and beer dribbling down my chin we were able to conclude that the voting was all proper and above board. ;)

Where was the nomination phase? I see many posters i recognize, a few I don't, a couple I would have nominated.

My apologies, but who are these posters?

Crazy chef1? Food forum?

Villagefarang? Posts some photos?

Meatboy? who?

Could they provide some information on themselves?

And who are you`?

I'm patsycat. And i am a bit drunk.

But not as much as last year, where i think a lot of people were drunk for days on end!!

I'm never drunk so I have no chance.

I am Canuckamuck. I am here because I can never get enough deep intellectual debate. Thaivisa gives me that outlet. I have been in Thailand since 2003, Thai visa since 2004, retired at 37. Now I spend my days calculating dark matter densities in remote sectors of the galaxy. I am saving up for a telescope because my eyes aren’t what they use to be.

Sometimes I think about giving up and going back to the merpeople, but I will miss all this air - even the Chiang Rai air. Vote for me and I will donate 500 trillion dollars to an unregistered charity of my choice.

I can't decide who to vote for, can i change my vote or is this the last one?

Ah, well. Always the bridesmaid never the bride.

Sorry JT, i just read the instructions again. I may change my vote numerous times in the next week. Good.

Shise, i should have voted for me. I have no votes yet!!

I will be singing a song soon just for you to make your choice easier sis...giggle.gif

How about "I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing" by the New Seekers Trans? Although I'm not sure about the "in perfect harmony" bit.

Edited by possum1931

And who are you`?

Ah'm fine. Hoo's yersel'?

I'm Streetcowboy, with a limited sense of humour that is easily hidden.

I do my best to keep you abreast of sometimes-overlooked rugby matches

And I'm eighteen and blonde.

And I promise not to abuse my position as Poster Of The Year, other than for financial gain and sexual favours.

SC

"Sexual favours", oh, wait, there's not many female posters, or are there?giggle.gifgiggle.gif

NancyL without a doubt, especially for all the BS she has to put up with, from TV members, but still manages to post very readable and helpful items of interest.

Good on ya, ma'am - and all the best for 2016! thumbsup.gif

Amen brother she is a real rock. Rock on Nancy. She is also a bit of a fashion plate in all those flowery dresses. Easy to spot shopping at Tops always a smile and a kind word. They do not come much better. Would make one heck of a president oops wait a minute she already is one.

Edited by elgordo38

Can you please tell why Sheryl is not on the list?

She is a mod. Mods are not a part of the poll.

Bit of a shame. There should be some recognition for them as well. Maybe a Mod of the year contest. When I first signed up on TV it took a bit of adjustment to be censored by someone but now I realize its importance. Bit of a thankless job but they do it well.