VOTE NOW: Poster of the Year 2015 Sizzlin' Hot Semifinal Round

Jingthing

VOTE NOW: Poster of the Year 2015 Sizzlin' Hot Semifinal Round  

309 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nominations are not a poll. Nominations are just a thread where people nominate.

To summarize the game this year:

Step 1: Nominations thread

Step 2: POLL: "POTY Rundown" where the large list of nominations was narrowed to 20 members

Step 3: POLL: Semifinal Round (current step) where the 20 semifinalists is narrowed to the TOP 5

Deadline, 24 December at Midnight

Step 4: POLL: Grand Finale ... the winner emerges

Deadline, 31 December at Midnight

Edited by Jingthing

Nominations are not a poll. Nominations are just a thread where people nominate.

Step 2: POLL: "POTY Rundown" where the large list of nominations was narrowed to 20 members

Step 3: POLL: Semifinal Round (current step) where the 20 semifinalists is narrowed to the TOP 5

Will there be loads of blank posts made by your good self when it comes to announcing the winner ?

You know what I mean like when the host of an entertainment contest has a 5 minute pause before announcing the winner.

I reckon 30 or 40 blank posts should just about do it. There is a chance a few of the older members could die because the excitement might well overwhelm them, but hey,

that's show business.

Tie Breaking Policies

This represents a revision of the previously announced policy.

Semifinals

Best Likes to Post Count Ratio

Grand Finale

30 minute Overtime Period

In case of a tie at midnight, voting will remain open for 30 minutes after the deadline.

If there is still a tie at deadline plus 30 minutes (12:30 A.M.) then Best Likes to Post Count Ratio will determine winner.

---

Example of Best Likes to Post Count Ratio

14000 posts

5000 likes

Ratio is .357

Edited by Jingthing

Shouldn't it be the person with the highest amount of likes per posts that wins?

Great idea ........ but unfortunately that would make me the winner.

Don't think so...you should peep into the news section where the usual suspect giving each other likes as crazy( as long as some Thai bashing is involved)....

Currently, likes Vs posts = 4146/3335 = 124%

Can anybody beat that, give me a nick so I can check?

159% beats yours.. whistling.gif

Edited by RolandRat

Tie Breaking Policies

This represents a revision of the previously announced policy.

Semifinals

Best Likes to Post Count Ratio

Grand Finale

30 minute Overtime Period

In case of a tie at midnight, voting will remain open for 30 minutes after the deadline.

If there is still a tie at deadline plus 30 minutes (12:30 A.M.) then Best Likes to Post Count Ratio will determine winner.

---

Example of Best Likes to Post Count Ratio

14000 posts

5000 likes

Ratio is .357

This vastly penalises members who posted a lot before the like system came in.

I voted for everyone!! This is fun. I may undoe my vote and vote for everyone again, including myself!!

That sounds like those nearly 200 votes are actually casted by only 20 members.

Since in final only 1 vote is allowed I take it that every finalist will receive 1 vote then.

See Uptheos, the fact that JT has to keep explaining the rules to those of us who are closely following this thread is a good example of why I think it's important for me to "remind" the good folks in the Chiang Mai forum that they have to vote for me, yes, once again. They'll think that they've done their part because they voted last week. At least those that aren't suffering from short term memory loss.

See Uptheos, the fact that JT has to keep explaining the rules to those of us who are closely following this thread is a good example of why I think it's important for me to "remind" the good folks in the Chiang Mai forum that they have to vote for me, yes, once again. They'll think that they've done their part because they voted last week. At least those that aren't suffering from short term memory loss.

...and the ones who are not anymore with us....

Meanwhile, I just learned that Hubby hasn't voted yet. Something about still deciding who is the best candidate. And like with the U.S. elections, I know he'll refuse to tell me his vote. Something about how it's a secret ballot and that it's every voters right to keep his vote secret. (he takes this sort of stuff seriously)

We got into a big discussion about whether it should be a requirement that the POTY be a current resident of Thailand and he expressed an opinion something along the lines of "naw, maybe it's more representative if the ThaiVisa POTY is someone who has fled Thailand"