VOTE NOW: Poster of the Year 2015 Sizzlin' Hot Semifinal Round

Jingthing

VOTE NOW: Poster of the Year 2015 Sizzlin' Hot Semifinal Round  

309 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is turning ugly as in dirty ugly, it's less a competition and more a play thing for JT to pass his time and stroke his ego. The least you could do JT is declare yourself impartial even if you aren't, but to flaunt the fact that you're not, in the face of the other candidates and the audience, is several levels down from tacky.

You guys need to appoint someone else to manage the final.

JT has been a disaster.

I recommend this new chap, Supaluke.

The new chap supaluke is very much like the old chap who had the drunken meltdown last year.Why do they keep coming back?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A note for the file for next years poll:

Consider having a more objective poll or polls, might include highest quality poster, most technically useful poster, most knowledgeable about Thailand/Finance/Visa's etc.

Include Mods as candidates.

Establish all the rules well in advance.

Nominate an AGREED thread manager beforehand, maybe even have a poll for the job.

Hold on folks only another 10 days of excitement!

Can you stand it?

I have to, I'm hooked the tension in unbelievable (have the top 5 changed in the last week)?

Yes the top 5 have been shuffled a lot but the top 2 seem solid as cement.

Does it really have to go on for another 10 days?

More about Canuckamuck:

After high school I entered the work force and discovered life isn’t fair. I never worked as hard as I did as a short order cook in a super busy restaurant, but I got paid 4 times the salary to pick trash on a beach (full of bikinis) for the government. I tried EVERYTHING in those days but 4 years of unskilled labor was enough. So off I went to University...

Hold on folks only another 10 days of excitement!
Can you stand it?

I have to, I'm hooked the tension in unbelievable (have the top 5 changed in the last week)?

Yes the top 5 have been shuffled a lot but the top 2 seem solid as cement.

Does it really have to go on for another 10 days?

The schedule is set. The semifinals end Christmas Eve at midnight. From there the top 5 starting at zero votes enter the Grand Finale ending 30 Dec. Midnight.

Nancy is catching up, could the poll lords comments in Nancy's thread early this morning be a factor?

I certainly hope so. JT was paid handsomely and I'd hoped to see a little more return for my investment.

You start at zero votes in the Grand Finale. That is IF you make it all Missy.

Nancy is catching up, could the poll lords comments in Nancy's thread early this morning be a factor?

I certainly hope so. JT was paid handsomely and I'd hoped to see a little more return for my investment.

The entire vote is going on so long I am concerned no one will make it... Candidates or voters

The entire vote is going on so long I am concerned no one will make it... Candidates or voters

Steady on. I know some members here are pretty old, but hopefully they'll live to see in the new year.

More about Canuckamuck:

After high school I entered the work force and discovered life isn’t fair. I never worked as hard as I did as a short order cook in a super busy restaurant, but I got paid 4 times the salary to pick trash on a beach (full of bikinis) for the government. I tried EVERYTHING in those days but 4 years of unskilled labor was enough. So off I went to University...

so now u cam do those jobs with a degreelaugh.png

30 December actually. Midnight.

Thanks for the confirmation. I was going to ask. I thought you'd said 30 December, but at my age I couldn't be sure. This dementia sure is hell.

I have a query into UbonJoe on the Visa forum to see if I have a legitimate reason to be at Chiang Mai Immigration Promenada Mall on December 30, i.e. if it really is 45 days "out" from my retirement extension. If so, then I'll be doing a "live feed" from Imm. Prom. on that day. That is if I can convince the IT team (Hubby) to come with me to upload photos and call the consulate when they haul me away.

There -- that should be a nice teaser to make sure I get a place in the finals.

For those who haven't been following the situation at Chiang Mai Immigration, check out this new thread, started by someone who actually has a different view about the situation than me: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/880195-immigration-in-chiang-mai-as-compared-to-other-provinces/ I applaud his starting that post, though. Usually, he just takes the stance that we should roll over with all four feet in the air and pay a visa agent.

The thread a good "Reader's Digest condensed version" of what's happening there. I've become a whistle-blower casualty, told not to come to CM Imm. unless it is to take care of my own personal business. Never to come sit outside their office and watch. The way in which I was told was a little scary, so I've stayed away. But, (I think) that December 30 marks the first date that I can legitimately return to CM Imm and it just happens to be the last day of the TV POTY contest. What luck!