VOTE NOW: Poster of the Year 2015 Sizzlin' Hot Semifinal Round

Jingthing

VOTE NOW: Poster of the Year 2015 Sizzlin' Hot Semifinal Round  

309 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In the interest of transparency, I feel I should point out I'm not quite as young as has been assumed. Add around 10 years or so.

In fact, while we're at it, let's clear up a few other misconceptions. I'm not a digital nomad. I'm not an ED visa student. I'm not a teacher. I'm not a campaigner for moral decency, a prude, a missionary or a teetotaller. And I'm not a lycra-clad cycling enthusiast, either.

That is quite a non resume

You should hear some of the other things I'm not.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the interest of transparency, I feel I should point out I'm not quite as young as has been assumed. Add around 10 years or so.

In fact, while we're at it, let's clear up a few other misconceptions. I'm not a digital nomad. I'm not an ED visa student. I'm not a teacher. I'm not a campaigner for moral decency, a prude, a missionary or a teetotaller. And I'm not a lycra-clad cycling enthusiast, either.

Vote for SB...he's the only candidate with a job.

Vote for the working man!

Vote for SB...he's the only candidate with a job.

Vote for the working man!

A job?

I haven't had one of those things in years.

I am everything folk think I am.....whistling.gif ...........laugh.png

Slightly Mad then..gigglem.gif

I may be voting for NancyL because I feel sorry for her having to include this maybe imaginary 'Hubby' character in nearly all of her posts but maybe 'Hubby' is the same as Harvey the Rabbit:

logo.jpg

Of course I may vote for SoiBiker with his 'willing' partner who may be imaginary as well

Edited by JLCrab

I may be voting for NancyL because I feel sorry for her having to include this maybe imaginary 'Hubby' character in nearly all of her posts but maybe 'Hubby' is the same as Harvey the Rabbit:

logo.jpg

Of course I may vote for SoiBiker with his 'willing' partner who may be imaginary as well

what about me JC with my talking dog or is it imaginary.

logo.jpg

Hubby and bitey are one and the same.

I am everything folk think I am.....whistling.gif ...........laugh.png

OOOOH Sugar!!!.....that covers a lot of avenues...cheesy.gif

The Microphone kid ...biggrin.png

Did ya have a haircut for Xmas?...

logo.jpg

what about me JC with my talking dog or is it imaginary.

That all depends on whether you talked to the dog first or the dog initiated the conversation.

The "L" household should be celebrating tonight. For the first time I'm ahead on the Leaderboard. But we haven't had a genuine email or Facebook post from Mr. Bitey for several days. We think he's been catnapped and being held in Chiang Rai by VillageFarang and his drooling Golden Retriever and witless white cat:http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/880283-villagefarang-trailing-in-poty-poll/?p=10218709

There's a nip in the air, here in our glamours high rise Chiang Mai high rise condo. I can only image what it must be like for Mr Bitey in the wilds of Chiang Rai Just last night, two unfortunate Thai people died of hypothermia close to here. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/880332-two-men-in-chiang-mai-suspected-to-have-died-from-cold-weather/

I beg you, VillageFarang, to have pity on Mr. Bitey and make sure he has adequate clothing for what has to be brutally cold weather conditions ahead. Here he is in the sweater I made for him recently. The one he would have worn tonight, had he been home. Cat sweater.jpg

Good God I'm glad my wife will never see that picture....

She's already crocheted a case for her cell phone → crocheted alternate wardrobes for ALL the girl's

Barbie's and wannabe Barbies → Knitted a slip cover for the tissue box in my car + designed and made clothes for herself and the girls plus misc other thoughtful stuff she's made for family....

She already burns mosquito coils for the cats when they get thick & will put a fan out near the kitty condo when it gets hot.....

So far me and the cats have escaped → I shudder to think what could happen if she saw that picture.....

LEADERBOARD Poster of the Year SEMIFINALS 2015 (sizzlin' hot)

The top 5 will advance to the GRAND FINALE

Transam 59 votes

NancyL 58 votes

villagefarang 37 votes

SoiBiker 29 votes

Naam 27 votes

Nipping --

Crazy Chef 1 26 votes

StreetCowboy 24 votes

Up and comers?

Fletchsmile 20 votes

Canuckamuck 18 votes

Patsycat 17 votes

Well, this has become quite a STATIC race now for the TOP 5 as we approach the GRAND FINALE.

Folks, if you want to make some movements happen, time is starting to run short.

The deadline for these SEMIFINALS is Christmas Eve at Midnight.

Short of a "miracle" Transam and NancyL will advance.

But look at the rest of the field.

Plenty of potential for some shuffling.

Your moves ...

Remember you can DELETE your votes and RE-VOTE at any time.

You can vote for one. You can vote for some. You can vote for all.

Edited by Jingthing

Hint to the still possibles.

You know you WANT to make it to the GRAND FINALE.

There is no shame in that.

You don't need all that many votes to make it.

There are ways.

Use your imagination or copy the methods others have used.

Edited by Jingthing

The "L" household should be celebrating tonight. For the first time I'm ahead on the Leaderboard. But we haven't had a genuine email or Facebook post from Mr. Bitey for several days. We think he's been catnapped and being held in Chiang Rai by VillageFarang and his drooling Golden Retriever and witless white cat:http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/880283-villagefarang-trailing-in-poty-poll/?p=10218709

There's a nip in the air, here in our glamours high rise Chiang Mai high rise condo. I can only image what it must be like for Mr Bitey in the wilds of Chiang Rai Just last night, two unfortunate Thai people died of hypothermia close to here. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/880332-two-men-in-chiang-mai-suspected-to-have-died-from-cold-weather/

I beg you, VillageFarang, to have pity on Mr. Bitey and make sure he has adequate clothing for what has to be brutally cold weather conditions ahead. Here he is in the sweater I made for him recently. The one he would have worn tonight, had he been home. Cat sweater.jpg

Good God I'm glad my wife will never see that picture....

She's already crocheted a case for her cell phone → crocheted alternate wardrobes for ALL the girl's

Barbie's and wannabe Barbies → Knitted a slip cover for the tissue box in my car + designed and made clothes for herself and the girls plus misc other thoughtful stuff she's made for family....

She already burns mosquito coils for the cats when they get thick & will put a fan out near the kitty condo when it gets hot.....

So far me and the cats have escaped → I shudder to think what could happen if she saw that picture.....

post-114384-0-31121800-1450763102_thumb.

Forgot → The fridge didn't move fast enough....Two sets of fridge door handle covers.....

There are ways.

Didn't fink payments were allowed....?............whistling.gif ..........tongue.png

No rules really.

There are ways.

Actually, no.

I wasn't referring to that.

I was thinking more on the lines of lobbying on OTHER subforums, coalition forming behind the scenes, that kind of thing.

What you describe would be against the forum rules.

Forum rules obviously always apply. I was talking about CAMPAIGNING rules.

Note: I am developing a LIST of 10 Questions for the 5 Finalists that will be asked of the 5 that do advance to the GRAND FINALE.

If you would like to make some SINCERE question suggestions that could reasonably be asked in such a list, please post them here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/880290-what-questions-would-you-like-to-ask-the-poster-of-the-year-finalists/

The plan is to divide the 10 questions into 5 kind of silly, and 5 kind of substantive.

Nothing very offensive or requiring the finalists to spend all night researching.

Thanks to any who choose to make such SINCERE suggestions.

Note: I am developing a LIST of 10 Questions for the 5 Finalists that will be asked of the 5 that do advance to the GRAND FINALE.

If you would like to make some SINCERE question suggestions that could reasonably be asked in such a list, please post them here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/880290-what-questions-would-you-like-to-ask-the-poster-of-the-year-finalists/

The plan is to divide the 10 questions into 5 kind of silly, and 5 kind of substantive.

Nothing very offensive or requiring the finalists to spend all night researching.

Thanks to any who choose to make such SINCERE suggestions.

saai.gifsaai.gif

Maybe you should start a new thread to keep track of which of the various thread people are meant to post in?

I won't be provoked by you. You have already openly stated that your campaign strategy is to exploit the demographic that may be hostile towards me, and I fully respect that as a perfectly valid political stance. Best of luck in the contest! So for all of your snipes, and there have been so many, and expect many more; they should properly be seen in that light.

Edited by Jingthing

Maybe you should start a new thread to keep track of which of the various thread people are meant to post in?

I won't be provoked by you. You have already openly stated that your campaign strategy is to exploit the demographic that may be hostile towards me, and I fully respect that as a perfectly valid political stance. Best of luck in the contest! So for all of your snipes, and there have been so many, and expect many more; they should properly be seen in that light.

You guys could settle your differences with a ride-off