We need to cooperate and avoid conflict, Prayut says

rooster59

We need to cooperate and avoid conflict, Prayut says

BANGKOK: PRIME MINISTER Prayut Chan-o-cha yesterday stressed the need for different groups to cooperate and avoid conflict in order to move the country forward.

"Anything can be achieved if we cooperate. Don't contest each other and avoid resorting to conflict, then everything will work out," he said.

"The same thing goes with reform. If people are still arguing and think that their opinions are the best and must be the way, then we will not be able to do anything."

Prayut said "nothing will move forward" if conflicts remain, which would lead to a lack of confidence among investors and tarnish the country's ability to compete.

"The Thai people are a nation that loves peacefulness and tranquillity," he said. "Do we really want to change Thai people into a nation of conflict, with quarrels and fighting all the time? I don't think so."

The PM was speaking on his weekly "Returning Happiness to People in the Country" TV programme last night.

He reiterated that his government would continue to follow its roadmap for a return to democracy.

"We have always followed the country's roadmap, especially the reform plan that will co-exist with the roadmap until the year 2017," he said.

The prime minister noted that his government would announce its annual progress report next week and he called for public cooperation for projects being implemented by his administration.

"During the remaining two weeks of 2015, I would like the public to take note of the government's annual progress report which will be announced on December 23-25. We made such an announcement before and the upcoming one will be about our second year performance," Prayut said.

"We will inform you of past achievements as well as future plans - all of which are very crucial for the country. You will be able to understand the true problems of our nation and the solutions the government is implementing to handle them. Several matters require public cooperation under the concept of 'state of the people'," he added.

The prime minister said that four mass transit projects were under construction.

The first one - the Mass Rapid Transit Authority's extension of the underground Purple Line - is slated to be open for service in August 2016. And the three other MRTA projects - the Blue Line and the South and North Green Lines - |are slated to open for service in |2020.

The East Orange Line, which is being proposed to the Cabinet, would be opened in 2020.

The government was focused on tackling the problem of traffic congestion, Prayut said.

"Despite the existence of electric rail, [the lack of] parking spaces remains a common problem," he said.

"I have tasked responsible agencies to search for suitable locations for the construction of car parking garages which should be close enough to places where people go, such as department stores.

"If all drivers park their vehicles in front of the buildings where their businesses are, there will be worse traffic congestion."

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/We-need-to-cooperate-and-avoid-conflict-Prayut-say-30275247.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-12-19

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By "cooperate", of course he means "OBEY!"

Wow, you actually can translate doublespeak, that's great. Perhaps, you also noticed him say reform and return to democracy in the same breath. No matter how you translate that it is like saying go north and south at the same time, an impossible conundrum at best, viz., the cooperate/obey doublespeak.

"Prayut said "nothing will move forward" if conflicts remain, which would lead to a lack of confidence among investors and tarnish the country's ability to compete"

I don't see real conflicts now, but there is a huge lack of confidence among investors. .

"The same thing goes with reform. If the Junta is still arguing and think that their opinions are the best and must be the way, then the country will never move forward."

This reads better than the original !

Try telling that to the ultra-rich or the people in charge. They are so use to getting their own way, that they will never cooperate or compromise

Hmm , I think that you will find that the Junta defines co-operation and avoiding conflict as running the show in accordance with the wishes and intentions of the ultra rich and the people in charge (which amounts to much the same thing).

Dear Prime Minister,

It was the traditional peaceful nature of Thai culture that, in part, attracted me to retire in Thailand. I had considered other countries but have found a home here. I can understand your frustration with the position you have chosen to place yourself. Democracy is a messy business and constantly changes. In my humble opinion, Thailand is not alone in the stress within its society. If there is to be peace there must be basic economic and legal fairness and that is lacking. Again, Thailand is not alone in this issue in today's world but if Thais want political peace, this is what must be changed. Those with power must give more power to those who are economically disadvantaged.

Try telling that to the ultra-rich or the people in charge. They are so use to getting their own way, that they will never cooperate or compromise

They are still and always will be in charge and this is nothing more than a public service announcement by the army that has and always will be in their pocket.

I learned from grandma. She always said: "If an egomaniac ask for cooperation, I smell fear-sweat."

"The Thai people are a nation that loves peacefulness and tranquillity," he said.

That explains the relation between 25 general elections and 19 coups d'état, 12 of them successful...

I learned from grandma. She always said: "If an egomaniac ask for cooperation, I smell fear-sweat."

"The Thai people are a nation that loves peacefulness and tranquillity," he said.

That explains the relation between 25 general elections and 19 coups d'état, 12 of them successful...

Not to mention the recently released statistic that gun deaths in the LOS trumps gun deaths in the US.

...and the 'me first' driving attitude that makes the place second to Angola on road accident related deaths and injuries.

"peacefulness and tranquility" my arse.

By "cooperate", of course he means "OBEY!"

That is the same in every country.....You must obey Obama, Merkel, Putin etc

But Obama,Merkel and even Putin are legitimate leaders of fairly and democratically elected governments.The same cannot be said of tinpot dictatorships.Some may cite China but that country's government makes a trade off between freedom and rapid economic progress for the people.So in The US, Germany, Russia and China it is reasonable to obey all lawful direction.

In countries where governments seized power illegally and presided over corruption, incompetence and economic stagnation it is quite reasonable to resist and for those with courage to strike back hard.

Nothing more than an egotistical control freak. Wasn't someone supposed to be fighting corruption?!! I don't see any changes to the Mafia/BIB just payments going to different people.

It seems that there is more motivation to control the population than to control corruption!!