Extension based on witness/private prosecuter/victim in Thai court.

What is the procedure and what paperwork is required to obtain a visa extension based on being a private prosecuter and vitim and witness in a criminal courtcase in Thailand.?

I went with court proceeding papers to immigration but they needed additional papers. They spoke with my laywer concerning this and he states that the required document needs to be requested with the court/judge and will take at least 1 week.

Is there anyone with experience in a case like this and can explain the needed additional papers?

Thanks!

I have done this a few years ago in Ubon/Phiboon. It was not a big deal but I don't remember the details. It certainly depends on the officer in charge. Accusation and witness list clearly state your name. Maybe you need something from the court to prove that the case is not judged or withdrawn. It might be quicker if you go directly to the court and ask the staff for help. They can issue the paper you need and give the judge to sign.

Check this ThaiVisa page of Police Orders, #13 and so on:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/3139-useful-immigration-information-visa-descriptions/#entry2613047

What you're looking for is Section 2.26:

2.26 In the case of litigation or court
proceedings:
Each permission shall be granted for no
more than 90 days.
(1) There must be evidence confirming that the applicant is involved in a
litigation or court proceedings as accuser, injured person, accused, plaintiff, defendant,
or witness.
(2) The applicant does not behave in such a way that indicating his
intention to stay longer.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Find it in the English version then ask someone to help you find it in the Thai version, and highlight the Thai Para 2.26. Show this to your lawyer, or a clerk at the court you're involved with.
The "evidence" mentioned is probably the court proceedings that also mention your name.
Mac
  • Like 1