Best Indian resteraunt?

HansBlinkers

To date, I've only seen menu items listed as "mutton" while a number of posters hererefer to "lamb". I would not willingly choose mutton, but young lamb is a different story. Is this distinction made locally or is it asking for too much?

The meat they call mutton here is sheep meat.those awful tubby animals whose meat tastes of the blubber they store all over their body.

The only mutton that is acceptable to me is young goat . but it's pricey and not easy to obtain.

Jamaicans use goat in their curries too...it's a superb, lean and great tasting red meat.

I can't remember ever seeing a sheep, or lamb in S. E Asia and I've been here 18 years. If a menu says "mutton" then it's "goat." And, usually if it says "lamb" it's also "goat".

The Army has a flock of sheep off the Canal Road out near Mae Rim.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taj Mahal a whilr back way to much salt we barely ate our meal because of it, I'll stick with Le Spice very consistant but they can have a off day. Have eaten Indian food in India< England, Scotland so,so and the states.

I find that with a lot of the Indian restaurants I've tried in LOS. Waaaaay too much salt, to the point where you can't taste much else!

Enjoyed the meal at Accha. Veg samosa a bit too crunchy though. Will give Le Spice a try.

Agree about the 'lamb' too. Chewy, fatty chunks of yuk in the places that I've tried. Looking forward to trying the Sausage King curries if that's genuine lamb. Tried the Curry Nights curries. Not bad for the price but the two I've tried to date I found a bit watery for my taste. Maybe a hob reheat would be better than m/wave.

Sent using Tapatalk

Edited by Pick of Penang

I highly recommend "Grill of India", the new restaurant of Taj Mahal chef.

It's located near Chiang Mai gate. Fantastic food, reasonable prices, large portions and great service!

https://www.facebook.com/Grill-of-India-Chiang-Mai-573741066097533/

Went here tonight. The "Grill of India" is not much to look at but the service was very good, the food arrived piping hot, the Nan bread was so hot at first I could not touch it!

I have been very sick with a cold so my taste buds were still a little off but overall, the fragrance of the dish I had was great.

For 185 baht, I had Vindaloo Chicken, 1 Nan and one coke. The Vindaloo had a lot of chicken in it, was not too spicy and had a creamy after taste full of flavor.

The Nan was perfect. All up, I could eat no more and the servings were pretty big.

Prices for everything else was very good. Starting from 40 baht up, average price between 90-140 for most things.

I could not eat anymore, the food was good.

Will go back next time for the buttered chicken. The restaurant is nothing flash at all but I am only looking for good food at a nice price. If I want to have ambiance, there are other places here that are good but I have found to be more expensive for much-much the food quality. You pay for what you get (much similar when you go to the Good View Village and pay more for sam-same Thai food but you pay for the ambiance of the place for service, music and just to sit with the rest of the Jones).