Red Number Plates

stament

Restrictions are:

1. Cannot be used more than 1 month or 3,000 KM
2. Logs MUST be entered in the brown book for every trip (do it in pencil though!)

3. You are only allowed to drive between dawn and dusk, without special DLT approval.

4. You are not allowed to travel outside the province shown on the plates without special DLT approval.

Edited by IMHO

Restrictions are:

2. Logs MUST be entered in the brown book for every trip (do it in pencil though!)

3. You are only allowed to drive between dawn and dusk, without special DLT approval.

4. You are not allowed to travel outside the province shown on the plates without special DLT approval.

You enjoyed that didnt You...cheesy.gif

When I had my new car on red plates, I was informed by the dealer that an entry in the brown book only had to done when you traveled outside the province that the vehicle was registered in. Not every trip. So that is what I did, and judging by how few entries that where in the book, that's what other people had done too.

Restrictions are:

You enjoyed that didnt You...cheesy.gif

In a way.. at least I got the actual real laws out before they got lost in the "it doesn't matter" and "in my experience" posts :)

They definitely don't enforce the 1 month or 3,000 km rule.

:-)

We drove about 6 months with Red Plates even though we knew that you aren't supposed to. When we finally went to get the normal plates no one cared that that we were 5 months late, didn't even ask us why we waited so long. We had no reason for it other than apathy, but apparently even tgat is an adequate excuse. But had we gotten into an accident with overdue red plates, it is possible that our insurance company might have used it as an excuse to not pay the claim.

They definitely don't enforce the 1 month or 3,000 km rule.

:-)

We drove about 6 months with Red Plates even though we knew that you aren't supposed to. When we finally went to get the normal plates no one cared that that we were 5 months late, didn't even ask us why we waited so long. We had no reason for it other than apathy, but apparently even tgat is an adequate excuse. But had we gotten into an accident with overdue red plates, it is possible that our insurance company might have used it as an excuse to not pay the claim.
No, it is not.

Hi I was just wondering if anyone can answer this for me...I live in a very very Nakhon Nowhere village...one woman who lives here first had a Nissan sedan for 2 and half years on red plates and then later while she still had that car she also was driving a Fortuner for about 2 years also on the red plates. I heard that she advertised them for sale on facebook and even admitted in the add that there was no registration book with either car. Then she proceeded to buy a Mercedes CLS250 and has been driving that on red plates for 18 months now. I know the stated rules/ law in regards to the red plates out of Jungwat, times etc but all 3 cars had Bangkok red plates and she was driving them back and forth to where we are 4 hours from Bangkok, day and night and is still driving on them as I write this...How can this be possible ?