Patong police urge bars, businesses to join ‘Big Brother’ CCTV safety campaign

snoop1130

Patong police urge bars, businesses to join ‘Big Brother’ CCTV safety campaign
The Phuket News

post-249866-0-51988300-1450953437_thumb.

PHUKET: -- Police staged a march through through Patong yesterday (Dec 23) to urge business owners to feed their CCTV footage to Patong Police Station and the Kathu District Office in order to boost safety on the streets of the resort town.

More than 100 businesses have joined the campaign, said Kathu Police Chief Col Chaiwat Uykam.

“This campaign is a collaboration of the Kathu Police, Patong Municipality and Kathu District Office,” he explained.

“We want residents, businesses, hotels, resorts and entertainment venues to set up CCTV in their areas to help monitor any suspicious activity. We especially would like CCTV at entertainment venues be turned towards the street so we can boost security to cover every street corner,” he added.

Col Chaiwat pointed out that having local private CCTV feed into a police-monitored system would alleviate the need for extra budget and the time required to install government CCTV cameras.

Full Story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/patong-police-urge-bars-businesses-to-join-big-brother-cctv-safety-campaign-55559.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-12-24

If you own an I phone anywhere in the world you can be monitored, the location, the background, if you take photos. Big brother is using the technology. Many I phones have a black material that covers the battery, check yours, cut that black covering off. Look at the find metal lines than run through it and that small piece of copper, more than big enough for the eye to see.

Everything goes into the chip in your phone. This is how police forces know about possible terror threats in advance and post alerts to their citizens.

You are being monitored. CCTV's who needs them.

This isn't new, they came up with this idea once before, and I guess this time the results will be the same. Bringing this up again simply means the coppers have very short memories or are admitting this idea, like so many others, is/was another failure. Oh, and let's not forget about that other failures, the so called "safety" zones and "tourist" court.

^^^I think this is a bit different. The failed plan was to have additional Government CCTV installed and allow the public access to it 24/7 from the comfort of their home. Once they figured out there would be 1000s of eyes on ????? they ditched it. It does make me wonder why they ask for this. The business owned records can be uploaded to cloud or YouTube before the police can ???? them. Well, unless the owner is ??? and decides it better to delete than have the police ????? them or their business.