• Crazy Chef 1
    • NancyL
    • SoiBiker
    • Transam
    • villagefarang

This poll is closed to new votes

Responses to the 10 Questions for the 5 Finalists

(so far).

Still awaiting responses to the 10 Questions from NancyL and Crazy Chef 1. Feel free to take your time. If they come in, I will add to later posts COMPILING the links to all the responses.

SoiBiker: (declined)

villagefarang:

transam:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll start with these and probably change them later based on more developed impressions:

Crazy Chef 1

INSANELY delicious posting!

NancyL

She came to Chiang Mai. See saw. She had to do more.

SoiBiker

Two wheeled voice of a new degeneration

transam

Vroom. Vroom. You know he's in the room!

villagefarang

Livin' in the sticks, Makin' friends

Crazychef

I've got a zillion Tatts. I've got sharp knives. I'm crazy. You better vote for me!

nancyL

Breaking down the barriers for Crazy Cat ladies everywhere!

SoiBiker

Yeah. Whatever. Dude

Transam

You vote Trans, Trans Likes. Trans is just Trans, Kicking the tunes and pumping the volume

Villagefarang

I ain't here to help you make a decision. Make it yourself.

You set the bar high there, BookMan. Kudos! clap2.gif

Edited by Jingthing

I'm pretty sure I must have met a member face to face at some point. Bangkok is crawling with them after all. But without using the secret handshake, how would I have known?

To remove all possible confusion, here is an example of the TV secret handshake. facepalm.gif

attachicon.gifuntitled.png

Lets keep it Thai related shall we??

Here's an idea.

Imagine if all the finalists were running against Donald Trump, the master of opponent PUT DOWNS.

He takes any weaknesses and CRUSHES them with edgy sarcasm and disdain.

How would The Donald peg each of them?

post-37101-0-79156400-1451041073_thumb.j

Edited by Jingthing

I'm pretty sure I must have met a member face to face at some point. Bangkok is crawling with them after all. But without using the secret handshake, how would I have known?

To remove all possible confusion, here is an example of the TV secret handshake. facepalm.gif

attachicon.gifuntitled.png

Lets keep it Thai related shall we??

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gif

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, Trans isn't just about music AND V8 stuff.....Readers KNOW stuff I get involved with...My voters know......It's BIG BOOBS..........laugh.png ............And world news.......facepalm.gif ...Well it might come as a surprise. but, voters know...

KNOW!!!!....know what?

OHHH!!!....You love a drink....thats not news..biggrin.png

VOTING ADVISORY

Vote for ONE choice only.

However, you can CHANGE your vote at any time.

Simply click

thumbsup.gif Delete My Votethumbsup.gif

(or the button under the voting list)

and then re-vote.

If you chose a NULL vote to just view the results without voting, you can still vote later.

Just do as above, Delete My Vote, and then re-vote.

All voting ENDS for this Grand Finale on Wednesday 30 December at MIDNIGHT.

Edited by Jingthing

I don’t talk much about my 30 years in Bangkok because it feels like another lifetime and almost like another person lived it. I did threaten to write about my “Fifteen Minutes” if I got to the final, so her goes. No doubt it will go a long way toward painting me as an everyman sort of guy with the common touch.

There was a time many years ago when I was hanging out with a group which included several mia nois and a few future celebrities. After a tumultuous affair, plus a messy breakup, a Thai friend reminded me the best revenge is a life well lived and set about making introductions and getting me on television. His strategy worked quite well and I soon forgot what had been bothering me and went on to have a lot more fun than before.
I performed well on a Thai debate program on Channel Five which led the production company, JSL, to test me for their top rated gameshow. Many of the Thai contestants on the show went on to very successful careers in entertainment and I bumped into a few of them over the years. I was on the verge of winning the grand prize, which had grown sizable at that point, when I lost on my final appearance.
With hindsight it became clear that losing made me a much more sympathetic character and I was recognized and approached wherever I went for years afterward. There was an interview published in one of the trendy magazines but thankfully I can’t remember what I said. I am guessing I would be very embarrassed to read it today. I was invited back for a few sitcoms and even did a night in a comedy club and a Thai Likay skit on TV at the request of Dee a well known comedian of the day and one of the announcers on the gameshow I was on.
That period is what I call my fifteen minutes. It was amazing to experience but I found memorizing Thai dialogue very difficult, especially getting the script in the dressing room on the day of the shoot. I never felt comfortable with my performance so I slowly drifted away. I also started to worry that I was getting too much exposure and that might end up affecting my immigration status in the country so I started turning down invitations from my good friend.
He used to say that the best thing about me was how content I was with my life. He continued on to say that the worst thing about me was how content I was with my life, as it meant he couldn’t find leverage to convince me to do things I didn’t feel like doing. Over time those appearances on Thai TV led to other jobs in very different industries.

Can someone through Jingting a Festive Turkey bone to shut him up.... hes like the dripping tap in our shithouse...." In the nicest possible way", as Kenny Everett would say.. But not T,A,..cheesy.gif .

But there wouldn't even be a POTY outhouse without the drip, drip, drip...

I appreciate his efforts.

Edited by impulse

The ragging is OK. I'm not running this year for POTY. Or ever again. That's my campaign promise!

I will continue to post a VOTING ADVISORY at least daily through the end of the poll.

Not everyone is aware of the DELETE MY VOTE function and how that can make these contests more exciting, especially near the end.

Edited by Jingthing

The ragging is OK. I'm not running this year for POTY. Or ever again. That's my campaign promise!

I will continue to post a VOTING ADVISORY at least daily through the end of the poll.

Not everyone is aware of the DELETE MY VOTE function and how that can make these contests more exciting, especially near the end.

never say never!

A few years time, there might be a run off between old winners.

Best of the best...

Minus those who have departed these pages... (a moment's silence or rejoicing depending on POV)

Word is the Mango mob are creating multiple accounts as we speak & are going to bomb the voting just before closing. Crazy.whistling.gif

Rumors. I love me some rumors. And only the first day! w00t.gif

I heard a rumour that Jingthing was throwing in the Captains coat and calling the poll closed tomorrow

Interesting that in this STILL EARLY phase, it's still transam and NancyL as the front runners.

If you consider membership demographics those two are more representative than the others. I have the least in common and I expect the vote to reflect that.smile.png

Think perhaps Nance and me have actually met members face to face....For me the face to face reveals all....It really does............When I was in a fix a member came to my aid to meet up at his expense...Couple of years back for Christmas......

His name is Weegee......We come from different parts of the world but he wanted us to meet up......A fond memory.....My song for him....

AHHH come on you old softie......searching out the Sympathy vote hey???cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Well Voters, he did fix my Sound System while he was here....but i Just gotta tell ya...BEFORE you vote.

He done some wiring repairs on one of the speakers, and I had to hold his hand still to stop it shaking while he used a small screw driver...And that was before we had a drink....He needs your vote after a feat like that, dont you think?

Word is the Mango mob are creating multiple accounts as we speak & are going to bomb the voting just before closing. Crazy.

Mango Mob? They any kin to the Apple Dumpling Gang?

'Cause I thought I saw 'em on Soi Cowboy last week. Obviously up to no good

theappledumplinggangridesagaindrunk.jpg

and I had to hold his hand ..And that was before we had a drink....

All I heard was this...

Trust you to only see that in the post.....biggrin.png

Hey! did you have a swim today, to celebrate Xmas? heard it was drizzly rain there, not good huh....

Word is the Mango mob are creating multiple accounts as we speak & are going to bomb the voting just before closing. Crazy.

Mango Mob? They any kin to the Apple Dumpling Gang?

'Cause I thought I saw 'em on Soi Cowboy last week. Obviously up to no good

theappledumplinggangridesagaindrunk.jpg

Honest....I havent been to BKK within the last few months......But one does look like Smokie, so who is the other one... SCwink.png