• SoiBiker
    • Transam
    • villagefarang

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

number of posts doesn't say anything. Also nothing about the quality. This voting is just to skip...

Do you feel better now?

thank you for you care....Yeah, I will have a drink on you now and will always remember you....Merry Xmas and merriments everytime.

The fings poor ol' Trans has to put up with...........cheesy.gif

transam asked me to post his answers to the 10 Questions for him (even though the instructions requested that the contestants post this themselves here).
So, so far, we have TWO responses out of the five contestants, and one decline. So that makes two to go, if those two choose to participate.
TRANSAM's 10 QUESTION RESPONSES:
10 questions
5 Silly questions
Emoticons --
If you use emoticons, what do you think is the one emoticon that you use most often? If you don't, what would it be if you did use them?
laugh.png
Thai food --
What are your five favorite Thai food dishes, if you eat Thai food, and if you don't eat Thai food, why not?
Trans ol' stomach has a prob with chili stuff and the Lao food Mrs.Trans loves, so I make my own concoctions.thumbsup.gif
Poster of the Year Crown --
Please describe what your fantasy crown would look like if you win Poster of the Year?
msg-41816-0-44332900-1451016298_thumb.jp
Nationalities --
If you had to live in another country than Thailand, but not your home country, which country would be your first choice and why?
(Regardless of visa and financial limitations.)
Florida Keys..As an English guy I have driven all over the USA, I just loved this place.
Thainess-osities --
Would you miss bum guns if you left (or have left) Thailand? Would you (have you) install a Thai bum gun outside Thailand?
No and No, I am posh and am used to a bidet. laugh.png
5 Substance questions
Thread samples --
Please provide links to a few threads that you started that you feel best represent the style of your participation at Thaivisa.com forum.
Can't, they were all deleted and suspensions given...cheesy.gif
Posting so much --
People in contention for POTY awards are sometimes high volume posters. Please share your feelings about members who post a lot, whether that includes you or not.
I am one, I like having fun here and on occasions like to help with my thoughts. giggle.gif
Self evaluation, rate 1 to 10 --
With 1 being lowest and 10 being highest, please RATE YOURSELF on your posts at Thaivisa. Careful about too much BS as people who know your posts may easily detect that.
Just a number please on each one. 1 to 10. No words.
Wittiness 10
Helpfulness 10
Trollishness 4
Knowledge level on topics posted 8
Hotheadedness 8
Curiosity 8
Patience with others who behave badly 2
Bombasity 4
Spiciness 6
Entertainment value 9
Writing quality 5
Thai-ier than thou level No idea
Your BRAND on Thaivisa --
How would you describe your "BRAND" in the political sense as a poster on Thaivisa and finalist in the POTY contest? Everyone seems to have a brand these days. Ideally a brand is one word, a few words, or at most a short sentence. If you don't want to boil this down to a brand label, talking about the forums you usually post in here and your most frequent topic areas will provide similar information.
I think myself as an all rounder but like music and 4 wheel stuff, the main thing is fun..
Winning POTY --
What would winning the POTY Grand Finale mean to you? Do you want to win? Why? There is no cash prize, you know

I read a lot here, all subjects that catch my eye, Just being in the top 5 has shown me my posts were not in vain, so to actually win would bring a smile to ol' Trans.

Edited by Jingthing

number of posts doesn't say anything. Also nothing about the quality. This voting is just to skip...

Do you feel better now?

thank you for you care....Yeah, I will have a drink on you now and will always remember you....Merry Xmas and merriments everytime.

Most people here remember me no matter how much they try to forget. 5555555

HAPPY NEW YEAR LAD, keep smiling, you're a long time dead......apparently.

I'm not filling in a questionnaire. I don't see the point. If people like my posts, they should vote for me. If they don't, they should vote for someone else.

(quote removed by Moderator as already edited out by poster)

JT, You're not launching your handbag again, are you?

How unbecoming of the outgoing POTY (2014).

You must be feeling the loss of your tiara already, poor baby.

Edited by Sheryl

JT,

The pressure is getting to you, take a spell, take a ride on the baht bus down to your favourite massage booth, sort yourself out and come back to it.

Let soibiker be soibiker, if he doesn't want to answer the questionnaire, so be it, most people are just voting for the cantankerous b@stid because he's mildly entertaining and in some circles he's even admired for his prowess around Thailand's food courts and so forth.

Let him be.

^

Right you are JT, right you are.

I still remember this time last year, I was running around promoting you (my account still hasn't been paid btw) & in the background we were scheming to bring you down just before the fat lady sung.

Anyway, we underestimated your begging and shameless vote buying. Well played.

Interesting that in this STILL EARLY phase, it's still transam and NancyL as the front runners.

If you consider membership demographics those two are more representative than the others. I have the least in common and I expect the vote to reflect that.smile.png

You still have my vote and if you purchase the same promotional plan that JT did back in 2014 (but actually pay for it), then you too will be crowned POTY.

I accept all major credit cards and virtually every other form of payment, but not 7/11 stamps, which is why soibiker is us represented this year.

Interesting that in this STILL EARLY phase, it's still transam and NancyL as the front runners.

If you consider membership demographics those two are more representative than the others. I have the least in common and I expect the vote to reflect that.smile.png

You still have my vote and if you purchase the same promotional plan that JT did back in 2014 (but actually pay for it), then you too will be crowned POTY.

I accept all major credit cards and virtually every other form of payment, but not 7/11 stamps, which is why soibiker is us represented this year.

I wouldn't want to tie your hands so early. Besides you will probably get a better offer later.

Many people come through Chiang Rai at one time or another and many have asked for information or to meet while they are in town. I like those one off meetings or bumping into people in public but I am not really interested in being a mentor or doing the come to my rescue scenario. I am good for coffee and a chat but I don’t open my home until I have known an individual for some time.

With all the smoking, drinking, cursing and conspiracy theories that abound among the farangs I meet these days, it is often much more enjoyable to visit with Thai friends from Bangkok.

Edited by villagefarang

I'm pretty sure I must have met a member face to face at some point. Bangkok is crawling with them after all. But without using the secret handshake, how would I have known?

To remove all possible confusion, here is an example of the TV secret handshake. facepalm.gif

post-124914-0-11107100-1451033789_thumb.

Here's a possible fun game that can be played again and again by supporters, opponents, and even the candidates themselves.

Suggest CAMPAIGN SLOGANS for the candidates. Customized to them, of course.

The slogans can be PRO or CON about the candidates.

Say as many as you want, change the slogans as we go along, perhaps a gift that can keep on giving?

Examples of campaign slogans in the "real" world?

post-37101-0-30909000-1451035191_thumb.j

http://www.politicalcampaigningtips.com/the-ultimate-list-of-election-and-political-campaign-slogans/

“A chicken in every pot. A car in every garage.”

“Blaine! Blaine! James G. Blaine! Continental liar from the state of Maine!”

Edited by Jingthing

I'll start with these and probably change them later based on more developed impressions:

Crazy Chef 1

INSANELY delicious posting!

NancyL

She came to Chiang Mai. See saw. She had to do more.

SoiBiker

Two wheeled voice of a new degeneration

transam

Vroom. Vroom. You know he's in the room!

villagefarang

Livin' in the sticks, Makin' friends

Edited by Jingthing

I'll start with these and probably change them later based on more developed impressions:

Crazy Chef 1

INSANELY delicious posting!

NancyL

She came to Chiang Mai. See saw. She had to do more.

SoiBiker

Two wheeled voice of a new degeneration

transam

Vroom. Vroom. You know he's in the room!

villagefarang

Livin' in the sticks, Makin' friends

Crazychef

I've got a zillion Tatts. I've got sharp knives. I'm crazy. You better vote for me!

nancyL

Breaking down the barriers for Crazy Cat ladies everywhere!

SoiBiker

Yeah. Whatever. Dude

Transam

You vote Trans, Trans Likes. Trans is just Trans, Kicking the tunes and pumping the volume

Villagefarang

I ain't here to help you make a decision. Make it yourself.