• SoiBiker
    • Transam
    • villagefarang

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's almost as if there'd been a ridiculously long, overblown voting process that had bored everybody to the point of indifference, isn't it?

Yes, of course, totally. You're very sharp. You discovered the secret.

post-37101-0-17067600-1451054634_thumb.j

Next ...

Edited by Jingthing

Add up the votes of Crazy Chef 1, villagefarang, and SoiBiker and that makes ... 30 coffee1.gif

I am wondering how much vaseline we are talking about here?whistling.gif

So which one do you plan to UNITE under in a Grand COALITION for the Grand Finale?

I would think it would be Crazy Chef 1. He holds all the Crisco.

Emoticons --

If you use emoticons, what do you think is the one emoticon that you use most often? If you don't, what would it be if you did use them?

laugh.png

Thai food --

What are your five favorite Thai food dishes, if you eat Thai food, and if you don't eat Thai food, why not?

no day in Thailand passes without me having a "tom yum seafood".

Poster of the Year Crown --

Please describe what your fantasy crown would look like if you win Poster of the Year?

question too silly to answer.

Nationalities --

If you had to live in another country than Thailand, but not your home country, which country would be your first choice and why?

(Regardless of visa and financial limitations.)

Saudi Arabia (Jeddah)

Thainess-osities --

Would you miss bum guns if you left (or have left) Thailand? Would you (have you) install a Thai bum gun outside Thailand?

i am used to bidets and/or bum guns since more than 40 years and i wouldn't move into a home without either one.

Thread samples --

Please provide links to a few threads that you started that you feel best represent the style of your participation at Thaivisa.com forum.

i have started less than half a dozen threads and don't remember any of them specifically to provide a link.

Posting so much --

People in contention for POTY awards are sometimes high volume posters. Please share your feelings about members who post a lot, whether that includes you or not.

pass

Self evaluation, rate 1 to 10 --

With 1 being lowest and 10 being highest, please RATE YOURSELF on your posts at Thaivisa. Careful about too much BS as people who know your posts may easily detect that.

Wittiness 8

Helpfulness 10

Trollishness 3

Knowledge level on topics posted 9

Hotheadedness 9

Curiosity 3

Patience with others who behave badly 1

Bombasity expression does not exist

Spiciness 5

Entertainment value 5

Writing quality 6

Thai-ier than thou level 0.1

Your BRAND on Thaivisa --

How would you describe your "BRAND" in the political sense as a poster on Thaivisa and finalist in the POTY contest? Everyone seems to have a brand these days. Ideally a brand is one word, a few words, or at most a short sentence. If you don't want to boil this down to a brand label, talking about the forums you usually post in here and your most frequent topic areas will provide similar information.

my brand is "Naam", posting most of the time in topics finance, engineering, technical problems and do-it-yourself.

Winning POTY --

What would winning the POTY Grand Finale mean to you? Do you want to win? Why? There is no cash prize, you know

-it would mean much less than a big and belly relaxing fart.

-i don't want to win and i [not so] humbly beg the committee in charge to remove my "nomination" from the contest.

Nothing like honesty! You got my vote! ( even though you don't want it and don't want to win! ) lol

Naam does not EXIST on the voting list.

(Possible campaign slogan?)

You could write him in.

Not sure how to do that on an online poll.

Could be interesting.

OK, sorry, I was just joking.

Write in votes will not be recorded for anyone, even if there are thousands of them.

Edited by Jingthing

JT - I tried to respond to the first five of your ten questions. I thought I should split them into two groups because the ThaiVisa audience may not have the patience to read a post of more than 10,000 words.

Anyway, I was well into my first couple thousand words when I realized the formating icons weren't working. I'm sorry, but I simply can't do a post without boldface, italics, underscore, etc. And how in the world can someone answer a question about emoticons if you can't even bring up the emoticon button?

Maybe you need to consult with Milwaukee. It's Christmas Day there.

JT - I tried to respond to the first five of your ten questions. I thought I should split them into two groups because the ThaiVisa audience may not have the patience to read a post of more than 10,000 words.

Anyway, I was well into my first couple thousand words when I realized the formating icons weren't working. I'm sorry, but I simply can't do a post without boldface, italics, underscore, etc. And how in the world can someone answer a question about emoticons if you can't even bring up the emoticon button?

I don't recognize your problem as a problem.

You're asked to post your answers HERE on this thread.

So paste in what you've got and then format it in the editor here, including adding emoticons. thumbsup.gif

What an interesting assortment of posters we have this year. So we have the prima donna, the prankster, the petulant proselytizer, the proletarian and the perspicacious photog.smile.png

Great four out of the five description I don't know...but who is the proletarian???hope you don't mean me because chefs are not just hard worker but also creative minds,financial strategists,trainer,visionists and loyal to their team and friends...but also blunt...

Crazy Chef 1, I have an urgent COOKING question for you.

I've got some STALE rice I want to use but I'm too lazy to cook fried rice.

Can I use STALE rice in a cold salad with lots of liquid in the dressing? I'm wondering if the liquid in the dressing will "open up" the stale rice and make it kind of crunchy/ delicious. Or is that a HORRIBLE idea?

Never mind, I think I got my answer:

In most cases, rice salads can be dressed not only minutes but hours in advance, making them ideal for entertaining or for just cooking ahead. Cook the rice a bit in advance, and dress it before it gets too cold. (While leftover rice — even from Chinese takeout restaurants — is close to ideal for fried rice, it doesn’t work nearly as well as fresh-cooked rice for salads.)

http://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1017655-indian-style-rice-salad

Edited by Jingthing

Can I use STALE rice in a cold salad with lots of liquid in the dressing? I'm wondering if the liquid in the dressing will "open up" the stale rice and make it kind of crunchy/ delicious. Or is that a HORRIBLE idea?

Christmas sure sounds great round at your house.

Christmas sure sounds great round at your house.

Festivus -- airing of the grievances. You should try it.

Crazy Chef 1 ... feel the burn!

attachicon.gifcharcake.jpg

The Underdog that you just want to lick (like a cake batter spoon)

A campaign slogan you need to explain ... maybe not.

JT, honey. What in the world is that? A s'more or a Baked Alaska gone horribly wrong?

Ask Crazy Chef 1. His pastries are CRAZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Rather a bad idea...for a salad the rice should be still warm to absorb the dressing....best to use it is for Khao Pad....chuck a egg in a pan,add diced onion and carrot add whatever you want( moo,gai,goong...) add the rice and season with a bit fish sauce and soy sauce and LOADS of sugar...finish with a ( deep) fried egg...

I vote for HORRIBLE.

Why not do what everyone does here in Chiang Mai? Mix in a few random bits of left over meat and veg and put on on the sidewalk for the soi dogs. They'll love you.

So paste in what you've got and then format it in the editor here, including adding emoticons. thumbsup.gif

I think I should revisit this when I'm sober and the laptop isn't actually on my lap. Like maybe tomorrow. Afternoon.

Rather a bad idea...for a salad the rice should be still warm to absorb the dressing....best to use it is for Khao Pad....chuck a egg in a pan,add diced onion and carrot add whatever you want( moo,gai,goong...) add the rice and season with a bit fish sauce and soy sauce and LOADS of sugar...finish with a ( deep) fried egg...

Oh, too bad. I'm still a bit curious to know what a cold stale rice salad would taste like though.

Edited by Jingthing

While this sounds wonderful, if the rice is as "stale" as I suspect it is. (after all it came from JT's kitchen) I think CC just listed a great recipe for the soi dogs.

I think I should revisit this when I'm sober and the laptop isn't actually on my lap. Like maybe tomorrow. Afternoon.

Sober, in the afternoon? You just lost my vote (again).

Though I still have to sleep for some hours befor heading back to work...I will answer some of your questions.

Smileys: my favourite one is on another forum due not 100% kosher

Thai food: have to admit I am not a big fan of Thai food but I would say Khao Soy

Other country to live in : Bermuda

Night mates,c'ya tomorrow and Sunday I am off( so God will)...

Edited by Crazy chef 1