Crackdown on crime as a New Year's ‘gift’

rooster59

Crackdown on crime as a New Year's ‘gift’

BANGKOK: Justice Minister General Paiboon Koomchaya is calling on related agencies to crack down on certain crimes as a New Year ‘gift’ to the Thai public.

A source reported yesterday that Paiboon in a recent meeting instructed the Office of the Narcotics Control Board and Corrections Department to curb drug-dealing networks that operate from behind bars.

The minister also said that all prison officials involved in drug trafficking should face serious punishment and that every time cell-phones are found in prison cells the prison director should be held responsible. He said a DNA test must be conducted on these cellphones promptly to link them to wrongdoers.

Paiboon also called on the Department of Special Investigation (DSI) to speed up ongoing forest encroachment cases - particularly those near Khao Yai National Park, where tens of thousands rai were being turned into resorts and housing estates - and to formulate a single-map solution to solve the problem of overlapping territory, the source said.

He also instructed the DSI to get strict on "grey market" car dealers who seek to avoid paying tax - by contacting the Customs Department to assess the amount of tax evaded and work with the Office of the Attorney-General's International Affairs Department to get tax document copies from the cars' country of origin to confirm such details.

Paiboon also instructed officials to seriously crackdown on loan sharks.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Crackdown-on-crime-as-a-New-Years-gift-30275749.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-12-27

Maybe it's just me, but I would have thought that these crimes warranted a 365 days a year crackdown...and don't really see how this is a "gift to the Thai public".

...I guess it just highlights that these clowns don't do their job 364 of the other days a year.

Asking authorities to actually do their job for one week of the year is a gift to the public now is it?

Do they not realise how ridiculous and rather pathetic that sounds?

I agree with you 100 per cent. I thought I had heard it all. Maybe they should just give them bigger rewards when they catch a criminal or solve a crime

Asking authorities to actually do their job for one week of the year is a gift to the public now is it?

clap2.gif Exactly, spot on !

Just the same with road safety which only gets attention at New Year and Songkran and even then it's just lip service.

clap2.gif Exactly, spot on !

The same attitude towards road safety which only gets attention at New Year and Songkran and even then it's only lip service.

Why am I in this country? Lol...

Because on a very regular basis the RTP or the government make statements that makes you laugh your head off..... !.. It's never boring here.

They have the ability to make statements, so not to loose face, and don't get it, that this makes them loose face even more...to people that are a bit more educated than the average Somjai....

If ever you get bored in this lovely country ? just read a newspaper....it might be one from last week or last month, in that case you will have already more information on some actual subjects backgrounds ....It really is the land of smiles here for me...

Best regards,

Edited by off road pat

New Years gift is a bunch of B S. It is the job they are paid to do every day of the year. Every time a Thai superior opens there mouth it just shows how bad off Thailand really is. You should crack down every day and not as a gift just to earn what you are paid for!

The sheer incompetence, greed and corruption of authorities in LOS are one thing.

But to celebrate it (time and time again) with statements like these just shows how out of touch the monkeys that run the banana plantation are with the rest of the UNIVERSE (forget about planet Earth).