Immigration Promenada One Stop Service 2016-2017

Tywais

3 hours ago, davehowden said:

Well they have to:

Talk to each other as if they have not met for weeks.

Drink coffee and eat cakes.

Shuffle through their 20 plus rubber stamps and adjust the dates.

Place carbon paper between several little pads.

Fill in a couple of large ledgers with multiple columns of duplicate information.

Get up and visit another desk to help out with a difficult question.

Eat lunch.

Visit the bathroom.

And so on and so on .......

images.jpg

...and most important of all, convince you to fork over money to G4T for a faster service. 

7 hours ago, davehowden said:

Well they have to:

Talk to each other as if they have not met for weeks.

Drink coffee and eat cakes.

Get up and visit another desk to help out with a difficult question.

Eat lunch.

Visit the bathroom.

And so on and so on .......

Do note that bank officers also do all these and if you observe they process more than one hundred customers per day per officer. Any bank officer will be sacked if they only process 20 customers per day.

So the real reason I see is that there are slots for processing queue jumpers from GT4.

Edited by xng

7 hours ago, DavidOxon said:

busy there today?

Very busy around 10 am . I went to another office for a residence certificate so I didn't have to wait .  But I think I counted 300 people and the whole area looked very busy and "out of control".  

On 06/01/2017 at 0:08 AM, balo said:

Very busy around 10 am . I went to another office for a residence certificate so I didn't have to wait .  But I think I counted 300 people and the whole area looked very busy and "out of control".  

You should have seen it at 6:00 am!

images.jpg

• Like 1

It looks like camping out is a very real, and necessary possibility.  Could be a niche market - tents and vans hired out for the two to three weeks required to get visas etc.  In a couple of years I can imagine a whole container city springing up to provide temporary accommodation for the four week wait in line system.  Some might even draw parallels with refugee camps in a year or so.

22 minutes ago, Mousehound said:

In a couple of years I can imagine a whole container city springing up to provide temporary accommodation for the four week wait in line system

Quite a possibility, but who would run  the concession and would you need an agent to book your tent/container?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mousehound said:

It looks like camping out is a very real, and necessary possibility.  Could be a niche market - tents and vans hired out for the two to three weeks required to get visas etc.  In a couple of years I can imagine a whole container city springing up to provide temporary accommodation for the four week wait in line system.  Some might even draw parallels with refugee camps in a year or so.

In the future, it is supposed to be Thailand version 4.0 and not Thailand version 1.0.

• Like 1

On 2 มกราคม 2560 at 2:17 PM, Thailand said:

Download the form from Immigration.go.th, I believe what used to be free is now 1900baht for transferring the stamps from an old passport to a new passport.

just a kindly up date,and on the money

the above with GT4 visa agency is 1000 Baht, so how can the above  1900 Baht info be good oil, beats me

11 hours ago, evenstevens said:

just a kindly up date,and on the money

the above with GT4 visa agency is 1000 Baht, so how can the above  1900 Baht info be good oil, beats me

If G4T is charging 1000 baht I guess it may now be around 500 baht or free, perhaps others can confirm or otherwise.

Crossed wires from RB,it appears it is free although some offices have a receipt free handling charge.

http://www.richardbarrow.com/2013/08/new-visa-extension-regulation-in-thailand/

Edited by Thailand

The Immigration Office sounds very understaffed so I told my friend not to waste his time, "but my question is do you think my friend could get this 0ne year Visa in the Thai immigration officer in the country of Lao. ?? I have a friend visiting me in Thailand and asked me can he get one year visa for people over 50 years old in Chiang Mai if he goes to immigration.
I replied no because he had not deposit money over three months and had no Thai bank book. I told him he has to go back to his country and apply for one year visa, it used to cost about 5000 Thai money a very very long time ago, and he has to go and do a border run every three months.???

Edited by Touch wood
Spelling mistake

2 hours ago, Thailand said:

If G4T is charging 1000 baht I guess it may now be around 500 baht or free, perhaps others can confirm or otherwise.

Crossed wires from RB,it appears it is free although some offices have a receipt free handling charge.

http://www.richardbarrow.com/2013/08/new-visa-extension-regulation-in-thailand/

Has anyone recently had stamps transferred to a new passport without having to do a new visa extension?

On 1/8/2017 at 9:19 AM, Touch wood said:

The Immigration Office sounds very understaffed so I told my friend not to waste his time, "but my question is do you think my friend could get this 0ne year Visa in the Thai immigration officer in the country of Lao. ?? I have a friend visiting me in Thailand and asked me can he get one year visa for people over 50 years old in Chiang Mai if he goes to immigration.
I replied no because he had not deposit money over three months and had no Thai bank book. I told him he has to go back to his country and apply for one year visa, it used to cost about 5000 Thai money a very very long time ago, and he has to go and do a border run every three months.???

You should go to the Visa forum to ask this question. 

The best he can get in Vientiane is a 90-day non-Immigrant O visa, if he either has a Thai bank account or an Income Letter showing income over 65,000 baht/month from his Embassy/Consulate AND is over age 50.  Or a single entry tourist visa.  If he were married to a Thai national he would have other options.

11 hours ago, NancyL said:

You should go to the Visa forum to ask this question. 

The best he can get in Vientiane is a 90-day non-Immigrant O visa, if he either has a Thai bank account or an Income Letter showing income over 65,000 baht/month from his Embassy/Consulate AND is over age 50.  Or a single entry tourist visa.  If he were married to a Thai national he would have other options.

Thanks for your input today I went to the Immigration Promenada Chiang Mai, but but its difficult, their English my Thai is pretty simple but they say if you fly to Vientiane and not go Overland some people, I emphasise some people it may be possible to get some sort of 12 months Visa, I wish they would elaborate.
I once knew a American guy that used to go down to Loa for his 1 year marriageVisa, but I cannot remember if it was the retire A-O or retire O.

It's difficult to get anything confirmed clear in the international language if not impossible. I know many of our countries have now just recently in 2015 been stopped from obtaining the old over 50’s, the retire O Visa 1 year Visa obligated to do 90 day border runs,  & enough money in your country's bank account to live in Thai for 12 months.
{??? I would love to know what countries still have Thai consulates that are still issuing this 12 months Visa???.}

9 hours ago, Touch wood said:

Thanks for your input today I went to the Immigration Promenada Chiang Mai, but but its difficult, their English my Thai is pretty simple but they say if you fly to Vientiane and not go Overland some people, I emphasise some people it may be possible to get some sort of 12 months Visa, I wish they would elaborate.
I once knew a American guy that used to go down to Loa for his 1 year marriageVisa, but I cannot remember if it was the retire A-O or retire O.

It's difficult to get anything confirmed clear in the international language if not impossible. I know many of our countries have now just recently in 2015 been stopped from obtaining the old over 50’s, the retire O Visa 1 year Visa obligated to do 90 day border runs,  & enough money in your country's bank account to live in Thai for 12 months.
{??? I would love to know what countries still have Thai consulates that are still issuing this 12 months Visa???.}

Touchwood, as I said, go to this forum, start a new thread and ask your question http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/forum/1-thai-visas-residency-and-work-permits/   Chiang Mai Immigration doesn't consider it their job to provide information in understandable language, especially to someone who is confused about the overall visa process.  They want you to hire a visa agent and make their job easier.  

And your question is not really going to get the best exposure to the experts on ThaiVisa.com in this thread.

But, to start with an answer.  Your friends who were getting one year visas in Laos were getting  1-year, multi-entry, non-immigration O visas on the basis of marriage to a Thai national.  Not retirement visas.  They had to leave Thailand every 90 days.  They don't need to show money on deposit in Thailand, which is why some guys married to Thai ladies get this type of visa instead of doing an extension in Thailand every year where they do have to show financials.  These visas have nothing to do with retirement.

As for getting a one-year, multi-entry non-immigration O visa on the basis of retirement without showing any financials, this is not possible in Laos.  I'm not certain if it's possible for your friend to even obtain it in his home country.  O-A visas (which give a 12-month entry stamp) are only granted in someone's home country, or a country where someone is a permanent resident.  Someone has to show financials to obtain an O-A visa.   The difference between an O and O-A  is that the "A" means "already approved for one year entry".

9 hours ago, Touch wood said:

Touchwood, as I said, go to this forum, start a new thread and ask your question http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/forum/1-thai-visas-residency-and-work-permits/   Chiang Mai Immigration doesn't consider it their job to provide information in understandable language, especially to someone who is confused about the overall visa process.  They want you to hire a visa agent and make their job easier.  

And your question is not really going to get the best exposure to the experts on ThaiVisa.com in this thread.

But, to start with an answer.  Your friends who were getting one year visas in Laos were getting  1-year, multi-entry, non-immigration O visas on the basis of marriage to a Thai national.  Not retirement visas.  They had to leave Thailand every 90 days.  They don't need to show money on deposit in Thailand, which is why some guys married to Thai ladies get this type of visa instead of doing an extension in Thailand every year where they do have to show financials.  These visas have nothing to do with retirement.

As for getting a one-year, multi-entry non-immigration O visa on the basis of retirement without showing any financials, this is not possible in Laos.  I'm not certain if it's possible for your friend to even obtain it in his home country.  O-A visas (which give a 12-month entry stamp) are only granted in someone's home country, or a country where someone is a permanent resident.  Someone has to show financials to obtain an O-A visa.   The difference between an O and O-A  is that the "A" means "already approved for one year entry".

• Like 2

Went to Imm Prom yesterday (Tues) to do my 90 day report. Decided to go after lunch, so arrived at 13:15 hrs. Documents checked outside and received number 192. Checking the current number being serviced, they were on 104. We did some shopping at Rimping and my wife found some shoes at Friendship she liked. Got back to Imm about 14:15 hrs, they were on number 145. The announcements for 90 day ticket numbers were loud and clear if you were seated in the waiting area to the side. They galloped (a nod to E/S) through the numbers three or four at a time and I was seen at about 15:30. Everything was in order and I was out 5 mins later.

The office appeared to be fairly busy, but I didn't check any of the particular queues.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, rawhod said:

Went to Imm Prom yesterday (Tues) to do my 90 day report. Decided to go after lunch, so arrived at 13:15 hrs. Documents checked outside and received number 192. Checking the current number being serviced, they were on 104. We did some shopping at Rimping and my wife found some shoes at Friendship she liked. Got back to Imm about 14:15 hrs, they were on number 145. The announcements for 90 day ticket numbers were loud and clear if you were seated in the waiting area to the side. They galloped (a nod to E/S) through the numbers three or four at a time and I was seen at about 15:30. Everything was in order and I was out 5 mins later.

The office appeared to be fairly busy, but I didn't check any of the particular queues.

You could have saved all the waiting hassle by just mailing in.

I heard it cost only 50 baht.

1 hour ago, EricTh said:

You could have saved all the waiting hassle by just mailing in.

I heard it cost only 50 baht.

Oh really...I never thought of that...:sleepy:

Next time I'm looking for someone with a Degree in "Stating the Bleeding Obvious" I know who to contact..thank you.

Edited by rawhod
  • Like 1

Not one person he has ever posted in or gave the immigration "Postal address" to people here that might like that option of 90 day reporting, seeing that the Internet 90 days reporting has problems, the immigration office understaffed and have to deal with people that can hardly communicate in English, and immigration not much better at the international language .

3 minutes ago, Touch wood said:

Not one person he has ever posted in or gave the immigration "Postal address" to people here that might like that option of 90 day reporting, seeing that the Internet 90 days reporting has problems, the immigration office understaffed and have to deal with people that can hardly communicate in English, and immigration not much better at the international language .

Obviously   you have not read the post TM 30 Changes

This is in the Chiang Mai Forum

What is wrong with people

This is supposed to be about Your Experiences  At Immigration

Just tried to do a 90 day @13:30 - queue full, come back tomorrow, 08:30. 200 per day limit apparently.
I usually use the online system, so didn't have time to post.
I have 2 days left before being fined.....
This could get ugly!

Won't G4T do it for a few hundred baht?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

25 minutes ago, Touch wood said:

You mean this one,and the one next to it,just 4 topics below your post?

9 minutes ago, HullyGully said:

This is the postal address for 90 day report, you should send to IMM 15 days before your due date

Address in English and Thai

Chiang Mai Immigration

71 Sanambin Road (Moo 3)

T. Suthep

A. Muang

Chiang Mai 50200

ตรวจคนเข้าเมืองจังหวัดเชียงใหม่
71 (ถนนสนามบิน) หมู่ที่ 3 ตำบลสุเทพ อำเภอเมือง
จังหวัดเชียงใหม่ 50200

You have to be the first person ever I've seen here go straight to the point, in black and white no political correctness clear English with all the information, anybody could read & understand.

1 minute ago, Touch wood said:

You have to be the first person ever I've seen here go straight to the point, in black and white no political correctness clear English with all the information, anybody could read & understand.

Actually thy this was posted on the main Chiang Mai Forum last week

I was straight to the point

Courtesy  of The Chiang Mai Expats Club Newsletter

And no Bull 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, roo860 said:

Won't G4T do it for a few hundred baht?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

If they could have got me a 90 day today, when the queue was closed, that would be corrupt.

Using an agent to 'manage' queuing is one thing, but when it is the only way to get service, it is the thin end of the wedge.

Edited by NotEinstein
typo

37 minutes ago, Lizard2010 said:

Actually thy this was posted on the main Chiang Mai Forum last week

I was straight to the point

Courtesy  of The Chiang Mai Expats Club Newsletter

And no Bull 

And also in this pinned thread at the top of this forum.  

This thread is for whinging about Imm. Prom....... no wait....