Immigration Promenada One Stop Service 2016-2017

Tywais

16 minutes ago, Thailand said:

I believe there is another new immigration office very near G4T 's new offices.

An old friend had his extension done there about 3 weeks ago on the basis that this was the place for the over 60's and infirm ( 90% I would guess :)

Even had his picture taken with the big boss to show how they look after invalids etc.

I said at the time it shows that there is at least one other person capable of doing extensions there already.

This only happened after many complaints

It is only a small thing

Plus the new office is only open for a couple of hours

most of us already know this

it was posted a while ago

Chiang Mai Immigration is always slow to do things

They should be Pro Active

Not too slow to move

Especially seeing that they receive so much form us

1 hour ago, Thailand said:

I believe there is another new immigration office very near G4T 's new offices.

An old friend had his extension done there about 3 weeks ago on the basis that this was the place for the over 60's and infirm ( 90% I would guess :)

Even had his picture taken with the big boss to show how they look after invalids etc.

I said at the time it shows that there is at least one other person capable of doing extensions there already.

Well that good news but how many people would know about it if they didnt read TV? Greater majority of retirement extensions would be aged over 60. Why not use GT4's old office, right next to Immigration, with a back door leading into the main office. :coffee1: oh sweet mystery of life....... 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sparkles said:

XNG That is not a small obscure Immigration officce upstairs its GT4.    CM Immigration is at ground level. Residence letters take about 5 minutes to process.Simple matter of inserting date, name and address on a standard template on computer and print out

I was directed upstairs by the immigration downstairs.

You mean that small office is not run by government staff? But I did see a govt uniformed man sitting there.

Edited by xng

4 hours ago, xng said:

I was directed upstairs by the immigration downstairs.

You mean that small office is not run by government staff? But I did see a govt uniformed man sitting there.

You were directed to the small gov't office for your free Cert. of Res.  Only requires, what , three trips to Prom and a three week wait. to obtain?  You could have walked down the hall on that floor and paid 500 baht at the G4T office for quicker service.

9 hours ago, NancyL said:

You were directed to the small gov't office for your free Cert. of Res.  Only requires, what , three trips to Prom and a three week wait. to obtain?  You could have walked down the hall on that floor and paid 500 baht at the G4T office for quicker service.

I didn't know the existence of this G4T more than a few days ago. 

Furthermore, I saw quite a lot of Europeans/Americans getting their RC there while I was waiting.

I finally got my resident certificate today after 3 trips.

I found two G4T shops, one on the ground floor and another one on the second floor and the second floor shop is different from the immigration office on the second floor. I asked the G4T's service fee out of curiosity and she quoted me 3000 baht.

The irony is that there is a signboard in front of immigration on ground floor stating 'Do not trust anyone who ask for any service fees'(besides the official fee to be paid to immigration).

Edited by xng
  • Like 1

Does anybody know whether the immigration needs a resident certificate for extension to retirement visa? 

I couldn't get back my original resident certificate after getting my driving license. They wouldn't return it back to me even though I have photocopies ready for them.

Edited by xng

3 hours ago, xng said:

Does anybody know whether the immigration needs a resident certificate for extension to retirement visa?

I wasn't asked for one, a couple-of-weeks back, so don't believe it's a requirement ?

Hope it all goes smoothly ! :smile:

5 hours ago, xng said:

...they know where you live...they can (and sometimes do) send the boys round...lol

4 hours ago, Ricardo said:

I wasn't asked for one, a couple-of-weeks back, so don't believe it's a requirement ?

Hope it all goes smoothly ! :smile:

Thanks but I don't think it will be smooth judging from past experience.

This maximum short queue of 25 people per day and waking up at an ungodly hour sounds like a nightmare to me.

I am not sure how many days I have to queue up before I am within the number 25.

Don't talk about GT4 because the signboard clearly states  'do not trust anybody who asks for blah blah...'

Did you hire an agent or did you do it yourself?

Edited by xng

2 hours ago, rawhod said:

...they know where you live...they can (and sometimes do) send the boys round...lol

If immigration knows where we live, why does the transport ministry need our resident certificate for? 

Can't they just check online with immigration?

Personally, I think all these numerous paperwork are unnecessary in this digital age. They want us to copy this and that page (e.g. the stamp on our passport which indicated our arrival date in Thailand) when they can just retrieve from their database.

Edited by xng

8 hours ago, xng said:

Thanks but I don't think it will be smooth judging from past experience.

This maximum short queue of 25 people per day and waking up at an ungodly hour sounds like a nightmare to me.

I am not sure how many days I have to queue up before I am within the number 25.

Don't talk about GT4 because the signboard clearly states  'do not trust anybody who asks for blah blah...'

Did you hire an agent or did you do it yourself?

I did it myself (as always), was in-the-queue at 7am & got my queue-number at 08.45, and was seen about 14.15 for the retirement-extension, then was the last multi-reentry permit of the day completed at 16.45. :smile: 

But you might get-lucky, as a mid-morning walk-in, who can tell ?

This year's new-changes were the TM30-copy, and copies of the new (reduced-size/content) information-form, a second one being needed for the reentry-stamp even though I'd already filed the first-copy just 5-metres away, a couple-of-hours earlier ! :saai:

It's all just part of the necessary-price, for continuing to live here. Which is what matters.

Edited by Ricardo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ricardo said:

I did it myself (as always), was in-the-queue at 7am & got my queue-number at 08.45, and was seen about 14.15 for the retirement-extension, then was the last multi-reentry permit of the day completed at 16.45. :smile: 

This year's new-changes were the TM30-copy, and copies of the new (reduced-size/content) information-form, a second one being needed for the reentry-stamp even though I'd already filed the first-copy just 5-metres away, a couple-of-hours earlier ! :saai:

It's all just part of the necessary-price, for continuing to live here. Which is what matters.

May I know what queue number did you get at 7 am?

Filling up forms given out by immigration is not a problem. 

Did the immigration staff check that all documents (eg. bank letter, passport photocopies) are ready before they give out the queue number? I would dread to wait until 14.15 only to find that some documents are missing.

25 minutes ago, Lizard2010 said:

XNG

Welcome to the Thailand paperwork trail

We are finding all the time so much paperwork for what

It could save trees plus make the earth a better place to live

Frankly, I think all these paperwork are outdated procedures in this digital age.

If they would hire me to come up with a computer software system, I would eliminate most of these procedures. (Of course it is impossible!)

2 hours ago, xng said:

May I know what queue number did you get at 7 am?

It was something like 18, I think (?).

2 hours ago, xng said:

Did the immigration staff check that all documents (eg. bank letter, passport photocopies) are ready before they give out the queue number? I would dread to wait until 14.15 only to find that some documents are missing.

Yes, but they weren't meticulous, I'd actually tried mid-morning the previous-day, which is when I learned that a copy of the TM-30 receipt-confirmation in my passport was going to be 100%-required.

IME there is always something, a photocopy or whatever, which they will need  ...  just their little game, a way of showing who is in-charge.

• Like 1

More questions, Ricardo -- 

did you happen to notice how many queue numbers were distributed during the morning document check at 8:30 am?

were any people turned away due to them running out of queue numbers?

were applicants who came later in the day, like you did the day before, with their documents in order permitted to obtain a queue number?

3 hours ago, Ricardo said:

...... I'd actually tried mid-morning the previous-day, which is when I learned that a copy of the TM-30 receipt-confirmation in my passport was going to be 100%-required.

Did that occur at Promenada?  Please confirm one way or the other as we haven't heard many reports of that happening at Promenada.  And how did you learn that....an officer tell you that and/or did you see a sign?

Given it appears the staff from the old Immigration office is going to join the others at Promenada while they're building the new office, I'm just wondering if they are going to take their "you gotta have a TM30 or we won't serve you" policy with them.

3 hours ago, NancyL said:

did you happen to notice how many queue numbers were distributed during the morning document check at 8:30 am?

were applicants who came later in the day, like you did the day before, with their documents in order permitted to obtain a queue number?

I went there to collect my residence certificate last Friday and so I dropped by downstairs at 11 am to ask the girl who gave out the queue numbers.

She told me that 29 people came that morning and 4 were turned away.

Edited by xng
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, CMBob said:

Did that occur at Promenada?  Please confirm one way or the other as we haven't heard many reports of that happening at Promenada.  And how did you learn that....an officer tell you that and/or did you see a sign?

Yes, I was told by the check-your-papers lady at Promenada to go to the Airport Immigration, and do a TM30. Which turned out to be wrong. But she was only an intern, of some sort, I later gathered (when thanking her for her help).

When I got to Airport-Imm, it was my Thai wife, whose presence (to report & pay the B1600-fine) was required, I was not wanted at all !

So she did it, and brought the receipt to me, at Promenada where I was waiting in-the-queue, the next day.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NancyL said:

1.  No, sorry, I was just relieved to make the cut myself. I think the officer processing retirement-extensions had done roughly-15 in the morning, he had some sort of list on his desk, which went up (at least) to 25 ?

2. Not that I saw, but I wasn't there again until lunchtime, when I was inside (in the aircon), so I can't really say or not.

3. I myself got a queue-number, for the reentry-permit queue, that was mid-afternoon once my retirement-extension had been processed & my passport returned, but as I said earlier, I was the last person processed for that, late-afternoon.

This was all about two weeks ago now, by the way. And we all know how it changes, from day-to-day ! :smile:

The big boss at Immigration has told the consular corp that they have a new policy and aren't turning away anyone from morning queue for retirement extensions any more.  That the one sole officer will just work harder and take care of all customers who come for a queue number at 8:30 am.

Personally, I find this a little difficult to believe, which is why it's important for folks to stick around and see what happens to the back of the queue after they get their queue number.  

Just now, HullyGully said:

I assume the IMM office being talked about is the office on the second floor round the corner from G4T

Does anyone know how the system will work

Yet to be determined, perhaps an online booking system.  1513875.gif

1 hour ago, NancyL said:

The big boss at Immigration has told the consular corp that they have a new policy and aren't turning away anyone from morning queue for retirement extensions any more.  That the one sole officer will just work harder and take care of all customers who come for a queue number at 8:30 am.

Personally, I find this a little difficult to believe, which is why it's important for folks to stick around and see what happens to the back of the queue after they get their queue number.  

That would be great!

At least we will know that we won't be turned away when we took all the trouble to come at an ungodly hour and paid expensive taxi fare.

However, that was not what the girl who gave the queue numbers told me last week. Maybe they haven't implemented it yet?

Edited by xng

41 minutes ago, Thailand said:

Or borrow a wheelchair from Prom and try to qualify for the super new aged/infirm lottery for the new office that will cater for that category.

Sorry, couldn't resist, be nice if that does happen as there will be hardly anyone left in the current Q as the over 60's and disabled will all be upstairs  1503451.GIF

That wouldn't be fair and would be considered cheating. I thought it is over 70 and not 60?

I saw one American guy walking on crutches that day so I'm not sure whether he faked it just to jump the queue.

Edited by xng

I have another question that I have trouble communicating with the staff there which is the 80,000 baht requirement.

Must we have a minimum of 80K for everyday of the past 3 months or can the balance drop to around 78K (not a lot) for about one to two weeks and then we top up to over 80K before getting the letter from the bank?

Are they really strict on this requirement?

Does the immigration officer really look at all the pages of our bank book or just the balance 3 months ago and the balance at the time of submission? 

Edited by xng