Immigration Promenada One Stop Service 2016-2017

Tywais

On 2/15/2017 at 6:50 PM, NancyL said:

I will say that it's very wrong that people have to invest 3000 baht (or more) to save four or five hours (or more) for their annual visa extension when the "contact time" in the Imm. office for other provinces in less than 60 minutes.   This is a situation made by CM Imm. and not the fault of "clueless" people.

I believe Nancy's observation is quite accurate. 

It seems that things are deliberately made difficult so that the agents are given some business. 

I observed that this is also the same when applying for residence certificate.

We have to go several times 

1. Get a number to come back next week just to submit your application. (sometimes all the queue numbers are given out before you arrive so you have to try again tomorrow and again and again)

2. Submit application after one week (if you are lucky)

3. Get cert after one month 

Banks can handle thousands of transaction per day and they can't handle more than 20 cert per day?

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1

On 2/16/2017 at 6:40 AM, jeffandgop said:

I don't agree. With the help of people such as Nancy L & others as well as looking at the IM site, I did not need any agent to help my extension of stay for retirement the first time or the years thereafter

True. But not everyday can wade through pages and pages of posts to get what they need or know of this website.

A lot of these retirees are not from English speaking countries such as Japan, France etc.

22 hours ago, EricTh said:

True. But not everyday can wade through pages and pages of posts to get what they need or know of this website.

A lot of these retirees are not from English speaking countries such as Japan, France etc.

This year I had to fill out a simple single page form, same as the last 11 years, a few minutes to spit a copy of my passport out of the printer, had to wait a little over two hours whereas a few years ago the wait was ten to fifteen minutes. The officer complimented me on my preparation and returned my passport with extension within ten minutes. I'm nothing special. I can't comprehend why anyone should be confused or need special help or find any difficulty in getting an extension, no more complicated than a trip to the grocery store. The TM30 caused me a little pause last year, but it was explained perfectly well in numerous places, including Immigration's website.      

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 8:39 AM, EricTh said:

I believe Nancy's observation is quite accurate. 

It seems that things are deliberately made difficult so that the agents are given some business. 

I observed that this is also the same when applying for residence certificate.

We have to go several times 

1. Get a number to come back next week just to submit your application. (sometimes all the queue numbers are given out before you arrive so you have to try again tomorrow and again and again)

2. Submit application after one week (if you are lucky)

3. Get cert after one month 

Banks can handle thousands of transaction per day and they can't handle more than 20 cert per day?

The residence letter is a great little spinner for Imm.

Standard letter, template on computer, insert date, name and address, press print all over.To be generous 5 imutes in all.

They were at one stage processing 30 + a day. With more and more foreigners arriving that number would have increased.

If you are in a postion to do so get a yellow book and avoid "feeding" the piggy bank.

• Like 2

Someone on the main Thai Visa  daily newsletter update today reported he did his 90 day report in person at Jomtien  today. Presented his passport and a pink receipt slip with a bar code on it.No other paper work needed.In and out in 60 seconds he reported

Is this  a new process, anyone knows about ?

3 hours ago, Sparkles said:

Someone on the main Thai Visa  daily newsletter update today reported he did his 90 day report in person at Jomtien  today. Presented his passport and a pink receipt slip with a bar code on it.No other paper work needed.In and out in 60 seconds he reported

Is this  a new process, anyone knows about ?

Jomtien is a dream & always has been with or without an automated system. Here is the link:

In most organizations creating streamlined quality procedures is considered commendable and for a business increases customers & revenue.  For CM Immigration it's just reverse.  Ignoring poor quality service drives customers to G4T, thereby increasing revenue.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, cusanus said:

This year I had to fill out a simple single page form, same as the last 11 years, a few minutes to spit a copy of my passport out of the printer, had to wait a little over two hours whereas a few years ago the wait was ten to fifteen minutes. The officer complimented me on my preparation and returned my passport with extension within ten minutes. I'm nothing special. I can't comprehend why anyone should be confused or need special help or find any difficulty in getting an extension, no more complicated than a trip to the grocery store. The TM30 caused me a little pause last year, but it was explained perfectly well in numerous places, including Immigration's website.      

Did you understand what I was saying?

I was saying for first-timers new to all these procedures. They are the ones who need the help of the agents because there are many conditions. It's not as simple as copying your passport.

If you have done it before, of course, it is easy.

I remembered one Japanese retiree who had to ask the help of a Thai friend to accompany him because he's still confused after so many years living in Thailand due to his inability to speak Thai or English fluently.

Edited by EricTh

On 2/23/2017 at 8:07 PM, EricTh said:

What has Nancy got to do with the green bus being stopped?

Its a long story but Nancy is regarded (by Immi) as their adversary.

was this the Green bus ?

brighton14.jpg

(Just light hearted humour Nancy sorry!)

2 hours ago, eyecatcher said:

Its a long story but Nancy is regarded (by Immi) as their adversary.

was this the Green bus ?

brighton14.jpg

(Just light hearted humour Nancy sorry!)

Maybe we all need to hear that long story; as you appear to be so well connected.

:sad:

Edited by Caspersfriend
Typo 

28 minutes ago, Caspersfriend said:

Maybe we all need to hear that long story; as you appear to be so well connected.

:sad:

I think it best you go back a few? pages in the forum and read up on the comments re 'that long story'.  As you have said it is a long story and I do not think the forum rules or the defamation laws of Thailand would allow a précis to be printed of the pros/cons of the 'story'.

If you are an author you could have the basis for a best seller!.

On 1/20/2017 at 9:05 PM, NancyL said:

No the officer doing the extensions is not authorized to sign for them.  But now there is someone with authority working at Prom to sign, but if that person is in a meeting, then you wait.  Personal Info Form seems to be dead and gone now.

Gee, I got six critical reactions to my post. I really shouldn't bother, but I'll say it again for the nth time. The officer who I connected with this year for my visa extension was authorized to sign indeed, though I can't be certain he was the one who signed it because I waited another ten minutes. Yes, in prior years you had to sit around until about 2PM until the passports were signed and returned from the Airport office, but that was then and no serious hassle. As for the 90 day, once again, the last couple of years I've mailed it because it takes only a few minutes to fill out the form, copy the passport, and mail it using the SASE I printed somewhere above; however, I actually find it a great pleasure to go in person and spend the day exploring the city. I'm no novice, this is my 12th year in CM and have NEVER had any confusion or frustration or burden or excessive wait for either visa extensions or 90 day reports. My TM30 was done at the Airport building. Every procedure requires little more than a very simple, one page form and copy of passport depending on your purpose. I think I did try to go back and explore the origins of this battle with immigration but many of the posts had been removed because forum rules do not permit dragging Thai institutions through the mud. Perhaps some people have had problems and valid complaints, but I've never had anything but positive experiences with Immigration. I saw a friend who panicked because his supervisor failed to sign his work verification, but my good wife helped him resolve that problem. In any case, I do not believe the thaivisa forums should be used to air complaints against the system, nor do I believe that CM Immigration has ever deliberately created an impediment to quality service. If you don't like to wait or have a struggle with the forms, then by all means use a 3rd party service, but don't wage a war with CM Immigration, they definitely are not trying to screw you, and that isn't the way to go in Thailand.  Now I'm just going to ignore this thread from now on. 

On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 10:10 PM, EricTh said:

Did you understand what I was saying?

I was saying for first-timers new to all these procedures. They are the ones who need the help of the agents because there are many conditions. It's not as simple as copying your passport.

If you have done it before, of course, it is easy.

I remembered one Japanese retiree who had to ask the help of a Thai friend to accompany him because he's still confused after so many years living in Thailand due to his inability to speak Thai or English fluently.

I would imagine very few new arrivals to CM would even know Thai Visa exists and pointless unless English is their first language so they find an "Agent" that can guide them.Then of course there are licensed Agents and there are "Queue jumper" Agents which leads to more confusion and significant cost differences.

A designated "Information Desk" with someone capable of translating would help, and I dont mean the desk with interns, and how much would it cost to produce a brochure, in various languages, explaining the procedure,very little and logical...oops

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sparkles said:

A designated "Information Desk" with someone capable of translating would help, and I dont mean the desk with interns, and how much would it cost to produce a brochure, in various languages, explaining the procedure,very little and logical...oops

Yes, you're right. I got the English translation for the visa conditions and I couldn't understand most of it without rereading many times.I don't know who did the translation but it's horrible.

Imagine Thailand actually has native English speakers teaching English unlike neighbouring countries. Frankly, I think most of these TEFL teachers are not qualified to teach.

Edited by EricTh

2 hours ago, cusanus said:

they definitely are not trying to screw you, and that isn't the way to go in Thailand.  Now I'm just going to ignore this thread from now on. 

Now now, calm down.  Things are going to be alright; a couple people agree with you.

On 23 February 2017 at 7:17 PM, OneZero said:

Jomtien is a dream & always has been with or without an automated system. Here is the link:

In most organizations creating streamlined quality procedures is considered commendable and for a business increases customers & revenue.  For CM Immigration it's just reverse.  Ignoring poor quality service drives customers to G4T, thereby increasing revenue.

I read on another thread that in Bangkok they can actually do 90 day reports at a couple of Big C branches? :passifier:

That would not go down well here in certain circles, revenue being reduced by actually servicing customers. :smile:

18 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

I think it best you go back a few? pages in the forum and read up on the comments re 'that long story'.  As you have said it is a long story and I do not think the forum rules or the defamation laws of Thailand would allow a précis to be printed of the pros/cons of the 'story'.

If you are an author you could have the basis for a best seller!.

Actually quite a bit of "the story" still remains here on ThaiVisa if you care to wade thru all the posts.  Google is your friend to find the various threads on Immigration Promenada.  There was the one started by Tywais just as Imm. Prom. opened in July 2015.  It's 24 pages long.  There is this thread that's 42 pages long.  And there are a few other threads about TM30s, 90 day reporting, visa agents, conditions at the old office near the airport and such.  If you take the time to read them all, the story emerges.

• Like 1

On 2/28/2017 at 4:40 PM, NancyL said:

Actually quite a bit of "the story" still remains here on ThaiVisa if you care to wade thru all the posts.  Google is your friend to find the various threads on Immigration Promenada.  There was the one started by Tywais just as Imm. Prom. opened in July 2015.  It's 24 pages long.  There is this thread that's 42 pages long.  And there are a few other threads about TM30s, 90 day reporting, visa agents, conditions at the old office near the airport and such.  If you take the time to read them all, the story emerges.

I don't think many of us want to take a few weeks to go and understand all the pages.

My 90-day report by EMS mail was received on January 4th (due January 15th.) After not getting it back by February 14th, my step-daughter spoke by phone with immigration and was told it had been processed on January 6th - "check with the post office." The completed form has still not arrived, but I need to see a dentist in Chiang Mai so will be traveling the 2hr ride into the city on Thursday, returning Friday. The question is:

DO I GO TO PROMENADA or THE AIRPORT OFFICE to seek a reprint of the completed segment of the 90-day report?

Getting from Arcade Bus terminal to the Airport office is what I suspect is needed, but would love to know if anyone can affirm that my suspicion is correct. Thanks.

Today I arrived at Immigration a bit before 9am. I stopped at the front desk and had the paper worked checked for a re-entry permit, everything ok given number 16. I went in sit down and waited they were serving number 8. Broke out the old book and finally called up. I approached the desk gave the Capt. a wai and sawadee Krup which brought a smile from her, I presented my paper work, it was checked very fast and I was asked for 1000b single re-entry permit. Up and out in less than an hour and to those folks who seem to think there are shenanigans going on, not asked for tea money and never have been.

1 hour ago, moe666 said:

Today I arrived at Immigration a bit before 9am. I stopped at the front desk and had the paper worked checked for a re-entry permit, everything ok given number 16. I went in sit down and waited they were serving number 8. Broke out the old book and finally called up. I approached the desk gave the Capt. a wai and sawadee Krup which brought a smile from her, I presented my paper work, it was checked very fast and I was asked for 1000b single re-entry permit. Up and out in less than an hour and to those folks who seem to think there are shenanigans going on, not asked for tea money and never have been.

You are tslking abiut dealing with Immigration direct on s single normal transactions

I have done it myself

Others use agents

That is completely different

Not all agents are treated the same

Some have priority over others 

That is the big picture

There has been changes

I hope more Will come

Only time will tell

Rome was not built in a day

2 hours ago, Lizard2010 said:

You are tslking abiut dealing with Immigration direct on s single normal transactions

I have done it myself

Others use agents

That is completely different

Not all agents are treated the same

Some have priority over others 

That is the big picture

There has been changes

I hope more Will come

Only time will tell

Rome was not built in a day

Actually from my on observation the majority of people who visit immigration do not use agents, the actual number using agents is very small compared to the total number of people who visit. I have no problem using agents as I have used them in the past. No way will I go to immigration at 4am to stand in line.

9 hours ago, moe666 said:

Today I arrived at Immigration a bit before 9am. I stopped at the front desk and had the paper worked checked for a re-entry permit, everything ok given number 16. I w

You seem to have missed the point here.

They process hundreds of reentry permit in one day.  I got my reentry permit even when I went there in the afternoon. I have not gone for the 90 day queue yet but I don't think it's a problem there too as they process 200 people for that queue.

This is not the case for certain queues like retirement and residence certificate where the maximum given out is only 10 to 20++ per day. 

Try to go in late morning for your certificate and report here.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, EricTh said:

You seem to have missed the point here.

They process hundreds of reentry permit in one day.  I got my reentry permit even when I went there in the afternoon. I have not gone for the 90 day queue yet but I don't think it's a problem there too as they process 200 people for that queue.

This is not the case for certain queues like retirement and residence certificate where the maximum given out is only 10 to 20++ per day. 

Try to go in late morning for your certificate and report here.

Not trying to prove anything just a general info post to let people know how it went. 

On 3/1/2017 at 8:05 PM, RPCVguy said:

My 90-day report by EMS mail was received on January 4th (due January 15th.) After not getting it back by February 14th, my step-daughter spoke by phone with immigration and was told it had been processed on January 6th - "check with the post office." The completed form has still not arrived, but I need to see a dentist in Chiang Mai so will be traveling the 2hr ride into the city on Thursday, returning Friday. The question is:

DO I GO TO PROMENADA or THE AIRPORT OFFICE to seek a reprint of the completed segment of the 90-day report?

Getting from Arcade Bus terminal to the Airport office is what I suspect is needed, but would love to know if anyone can affirm that my suspicion is correct. Thanks.

On 3/1/2017 at 8:28 PM, HullyGully said:

You need to go to IMM PROM,

The Airport office is being redeveloped and no longer carries out ANY IMM services

This is a follow-up to my earlier post :
Thanks to the reply from Hully Gully, I went directly to the correct office. I also had prepared a note in Thai from my step-daughter [stating what is quoted above about not receiving back, but already confirmed that my report had been received and processed] that I handed to a young man at the 90-day desk. He sent me directly to Administration and I was expeditiously assisted in having a new form printed out.
I still had my luggage with me from Arcade, which they asked about... and this is where it become noteworthy. When they learned how far I had traveled to see them, and that I hadn't yet made it to the hotel booked near their Airport office, they:

1. Offered me some water (in the bottles with the warning for spouses regarding 24hrs to inform police of foreign guests.)
  2. Supplied me the address for the Lampang Immigration Office - which they said is now accepting mailed 90-day reports, and
  3. THEY OFFERED ME A RIDE WITH AN OFFICER WHO WAS SOON LEAVING TO THE AIRPORT OFFICE!

That last step was truly a kind offer, though I had rented a motor cycle at Arcade (a NEW SERVICE OPTION.) I explained that this 69yr old appreciated their offer but that I had a Honda Wave parked just outside.

Note that much of the above transpired in my broken Thai. The annual visits to the office, and occasional ones needed over 90-day reports, have consistently been with officers doing their jobs honestly and politely - offering suggestions for future visits. The issues faced have been to arrive early enough to be seen on the day allotted. I've lived at times in Africa and Latin America and my observation is that when corruption and bribes exist - as some report, it is because others are offering the money. NOT just in official dealings. Even in an African market, buying something always starts with a high price asked. It is then the art of conversation that is either offered or not by the customer that brings the price into line with costs. Those "too busy" pay the higher price, and are mocked later for their arrogance.
Those in Thailand who raise their voice - will lose. Those who arrive expecting certain "rights" will lose or be treated neutrally in the face of any expression of such. Those seeking to avoid the official system will pay for that luxury, and worsen the situation for others... as the locals expect more people to offer cash. Those are my opinions - gathered over a lifetime. Those using those services will probably disagree, I've read the comments often enough. It is a corporate, cash buys convenience mentality that I also see as part of much broader societal problems globally. We philosophically disagree. Ultimately I see the issue as one that Nature will settle - against humanity as a whole, and far too soon as the Earth warms.

[Note too: My broken Thai is also being addressed. Now that my step-daughter has completed studying English at Payap, she is assisting me in addressing my lack in grammar and vocabulary. Those in the city can find adequately bi-lingual speakers to tutor them in Thai, willing to give the time needed to assist. In my area, I've had to first help the family to have someone acquire the skills.] 

Next stop- the Lampang discussion pages.

1 hour ago, RPCVguy said:

This is a follow-up to my earlier post :
Thanks to the reply from Hully Gully, I went directly to the correct office. I also had prepared a note in Thai from my step-daughter [stating what is quoted above about not receiving back, but already confirmed that my report had been received and processed] that I handed to a young man at the 90-day desk. He sent me directly to Administration and I was expeditiously assisted in having a new form printed out.
I still had my luggage with me from Arcade, which they asked about... and this is where it become noteworthy. When they learned how far I had traveled to see them, and that I hadn't yet made it to the hotel booked near their Airport office, they:

1. Offered me some water (in the bottles with the warning for spouses regarding 24hrs to inform police of foreign guests.)
  2. Supplied me the address for the Lampang Immigration Office - which they said is now accepting mailed 90-day reports, and
  3. THEY OFFERED ME A RIDE WITH AN OFFICER WHO WAS SOON LEAVING TO THE AIRPORT OFFICE!

That last step was truly a kind offer, though I had rented a motor cycle at Arcade (a NEW SERVICE OPTION.) I explained that this 69yr old appreciated their offer but that I had a Honda Wave parked just outside.

Note that much of the above transpired in my broken Thai. The annual visits to the office, and occasional ones needed over 90-day reports, have consistently been with officers doing their jobs honestly and politely - offering suggestions for future visits. The issues faced have been to arrive early enough to be seen on the day allotted. I've lived at times in Africa and Latin America and my observation is that when corruption and bribes exist - as some report, it is because others are offering the money. NOT just in official dealings. Even in an African market, buying something always starts with a high price asked. It is then the art of conversation that is either offered or not by the customer that brings the price into line with costs. Those "too busy" pay the higher price, and are mocked later for their arrogance.
Those in Thailand who raise their voice - will lose. Those who arrive expecting certain "rights" will lose or be treated neutrally in the face of any expression of such. Those seeking to avoid the official system will pay for that luxury, and worsen the situation for others... as the locals expect more people to offer cash. Those are my opinions - gathered over a lifetime. Those using those services will probably disagree, I've read the comments often enough. It is a corporate, cash buys convenience mentality that I also see as part of much broader societal problems globally. We philosophically disagree. Ultimately I see the issue as one that Nature will settle - against humanity as a whole, and far too soon as the Earth warms.

[Note too: My broken Thai is also being addressed. Now that my step-daughter has completed studying English at Payap, she is assisting me in addressing my lack in grammar and vocabulary. Those in the city can find adequately bi-lingual speakers to tutor them in Thai, willing to give the time needed to assist. In my area, I've had to first help the family to have someone acquire the skills.] 

Next stop- the Lampang discussion pages.

Great post, RPCVguy.   It is too bad so many do not understand this.

• Like 1

For anyone else living in Lampang, now needing to do transactions through the LAMPANG IMMIGRATION OFFICE, please look to this post for details:Lampang Immigration Office20170308.jpg

Lampang Immigration Office20160713.jpg

Edited by RPCVguy
Draw attention to the new information

My 1 year retirement extension would end on March 21 so I went to Emmigration at Promenada on Wednesday March 8 to get a new 1 year extension.

Here is a brief report:

Arrived 6.30am. When the Emmigration office opened at 8.30am I was given number 10. Was called to the disk 10.40am and I gave the officer the following documents/copies:

-Completed TM 7 with passport photo (white background :) ) 
-Passport 
-Bankbook showing 800 THB
-Original letter (in Thai) from Bkk Bank verifying the 800k THB bankbook - obtained the  previous day on March 7 and cost 100 THB

Photocopies passport:
-Front page 
-Visa O originally used to obtain the first 1 year retirement extension in 2014    
-last retirement extension ending March 21 2017
-last entry stamp
-arrival/departure card TM 6

Photocopies bankbook:
-Front page
-Page showing 800k THB

Photocopy of 90 days report

No questions were asked by the officer. Photo was taken and I paid 1900 THB. The officer gave me a receipt for the 1900 THB payment and I got the bankbook and passport back, the latter with a new 1 year extension stamp valid until March 21 2018.

At 10.50am I left the Emmigration office - a relatively easy and smooth process to obtain permission to stay another year in LOS :)

• Like 2