Immigration Promenada One Stop Service 2016-2017

Tywais

Did you actually do a report?  It looked "up and running" when I last tried it (90 days ago) but having filled the whole thing in twice nothing happened so I did it in person.  It's not a huge deal since my children are at school nearby but it would be nice if it really worked.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everybody,

Hope the thread is not only about retirement visa!
I have to extend my non B visa this month.
Last year, I had to sleep at the airport immigration to got a queue number in the morning, that's was crazy.
Is the situation better now that they moved to promenada? Do we still have to come really early in the morning to expect a number?
Web Online queue system is of course not working, so was thinking maybe to go bkk for a fastest service.

Thanks for infos.

I arrived at 6am about 10 days ago for my marriage extension and at that time there were not many people in any of the queues.

I'm not sure which office is for non B visas, but if it is office 2 which is for students/teachers then by 7am there was maybe 6 people in the queue. Some of the stools had bags on when I arrived but no people.

7 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

I arrived at 6am about 10 days ago for my marriage extension and at that time there were not many people in any of the queues.

I'm not sure which office is for non B visas, but if it is office 2 which is for students/teachers then by 7am there was maybe 6 people in the queue. Some of the stools had bags on when I arrived but no people.

Could you tell me please which office number you queued at for Marriage Extension ?     Thanks.

16 hours ago, Dipterocarp said:

What time does the office upstairs at Promenada begin accepting TM30 ? I need to lodge an update.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Good luck. Was there Monday and authorities cleared through number 70 by lunch time and queue was up to 132 before they reopened at 1300.

If you have already registered a TM30 you now have 7 days to re-register once back in country not 24 hours.

3 hours ago, Mahseer said:

If you have already registered a TM30 you now have 7 days to re-register once back in country not 24 hours.

I also didn't know but was told by a bloke I was chatting to and he got the information from his lawyer. 7 days confirmed by immigration official when I finally got to the front of the queue 3 hours after arriving.

15 minutes ago, Dipterocarp said:

I'm staying less than seven days this time. Should I have just not done it then?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Sorry I have no idea. Maybe someone here can help or you can call them.That still does not guarantee anything as sometimes it depends on the mood and knowledge of the officer

I used to come home sometimes for a weekend when working in China or nearby. Now I don't as I will not be able to update my TM30 and don't want to deal with the possible hassle on a subsequent return when I am home for longer than a weekend and try to update my TM30. Has anyone been in this position and if so what was the outcome?

2 hours ago, grin said:

I used to come home sometimes for a weekend when working in China or nearby. Now I don't as I will not be able to update my TM30 and don't want to deal with the possible hassle on a subsequent return when I am home for longer than a weekend and try to update my TM30. Has anyone been in this position and if so what was the outcome?

This is an interesting situation.  I know of people who travel frequently and don't bother to update their TM30s until just before the time they get everything organized to do their annual extension.  Realistically this is the only time when you're likely to be asked about your TM30.  The fine for late/no filing seems to be 1600 baht in CM province (although legally they can charge more) so the 1600 baht is seen by them as a "cost of doing business", i.e. makes up for the convenience of not filing numerous TM30s during the year.

However, I do know of one person here on a work visa where his workplace was raided by Immigration, looking to see if everyone was legally employed.  The only violation they could find, with about 45 employees (none illegal Burmese, etc) was that the boss hadn't kept his TM30 up-to-date because he traveled frequently.

Arrived to file TM30 at 10.10am 3 tickets ahead of me. I was seen at 11am,2 minutes and away.

The reason for the time was that at leat 4 people who had been seen earlier but had wrong docs/copies etc still had their tickets and reentered the queue.

A smoother system is to simply tell them to get another ticket,maybe they will learn for the next time! I briefly mentioned it to the officer who smiled and nodded,and shrugged his shoulders. :smile:

5 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

I really cannot understand why people would queue up at immigration when for only a small fee they can have a stress free service, in and out in a flash.

I call it a scam operation . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thailand said:

Post office,5 minutes, 47 baht.

Sorry, that is wrong, just checked the re,ceipt. Total was 48 baht but that was with 10 x 3 baht stamps for return envelopes.

18 baht to register the docs out to immigration.( received following day)one of the  3 baht stamps for return envelope. 

So, 5 minutes, 21 baht.

If I had known about a seven day rule on TM30, I may not have changed my ticket.  I was scheduled to arrive on Sat 29 October, and that would have put me at Prom on Monday, after a week or so of closure.  No thanks.  Coming g I to BKK instead, and since I have to connect, I will be eligible for the QIC system so I should get through Immigration fast...have a 90 minute layover.  Going through London, instead of Beijing.  Cost me an extra 28 in taxes.  Will go to Imm on Thursday afternoon.  BTW, a guy just did his extension for retirement..arrived at 8am, got number 9, and was good to go at 11.....maybe we could suggest to them allowing us in 90 days early instead of 45....I would even sacrifice the few months to avoid december hysteria.

1 hour ago, Thailand said:

2 hours ago, Thailand said:

Post office,5 minutes, 47 baht.

yes thats a option  .if it suits the  punter,  who  wants  to  sweat their ?alls off ,on getting the   submitted  90 day report returned to them  within a reasonable time frame

without a fluff up along the way,   ,prefer to be  D.I.Y . as   E/S was last  month ,and the previous 90 day report was  processed  by G4T  visa agency at Promenada,

due to the Immgr  Dept being packed to the rafters, both were done inside  45 mins, and no sweating  at all,  nice to be able to choose  what  option suits  you, and take that route ,as for the mailing system you are not in control of your own destiny, where  the above two options  you are, ,but entirely up to the punter which way he doe,s it:smile:

a very  nice   morning to all

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

yes thats a option  .if it suits the  punter,  who  wants  to  sweat their ?alls off ,on getting the   submitted  90 day report returned to them  within a reasonable time frame

without a fluff up along the way,   ,prefer to be  D.I.Y . as   E/S was last  month ,and the previous 90 day report was  processed  by G4T  visa agency at Promenada,

due to the Immgr  Dept being packed to the rafters, both were done inside  45 mins, and no sweating  at all,  nice to be able to choose  what  option suits  you, and take that route ,as for the mailing system you are not in control of your own destiny, where  the above two options  you are, ,but entirely up to the punter which way he doe,s it:smile:

a very  nice   morning to all

What are you talking about?

There is no problem with mail in and I certainly prefer one annual trip to do my personal business at immigration as opposed to your at least 5 trips a year to your current super dooper agent.

• Like 2

So true, so many insist on the hardway.  One neighbor has been here thirty years and always made a day of it.  I finally gave him my old envelope and told him there was really no need to suffer...he finally did it, told me it worked like a charm.  Another guy in his 80s is more the morning warrior type.  I finally convinced him to go at 15:00.  Saw him the other day...."was in and out in five minutes.". 

41 minutes ago, Thailand said:

What are you talking about?

There is no problem with mail in and I certainly prefer one annual trip to do my personal business at immigration as opposed to your at least 5 trips a year to your current super dooper agent.

thats your  way, so be it

6 minutes ago, KhonKaenKowboy said:

So true, so many insist on the hardway.  One neighbor has been here thirty years and always made a day of it.  I finally gave him my old envelope and told him there was really no need to suffer...he finally did it, told me it worked like a charm.  Another guy in his 80s is more the morning warrior type.  I finally convinced him to go at 15:00.  Saw him the other day...."was in and out in five minutes.". 

the punter these days ,have a number of options at their disposal to deal  with  Promenada  Immgr Dept Visa Services  in C/Mai , your above comments are done to death on this board

get a new gig  Babe:smile: