Immigration Promenada One Stop Service 2016-2017

Tywais

16 minutes ago, cusanus said:

Yeah, ok, but I see no link on your comments. It's no problem to find the website with the number, but I have about a 2% hit ratio calling numbers posted by Thai gov agencies. See, the thing is, I wasn't asking you for the link or the number, just you to verify that you had indeed called and had a hit.  Anybody can find the number and anyone can say call, but can you guarantee an answer?  That's the question, Einstein.

I posted the link at least 3 times on the forum including  a redirect on this thread 2 days ago  HERE.  The telephone number on the homepage works,you could even try it yourself and increase your hit ratio dramatically, now there's a novel thought. The number was also posted by at least 2 other posters on related threads.

Hope that helps.. 1508595.GIF

• Like 1

On 9/18/2017 at 4:11 PM, cnxgary said:

Just returned from Prom. to deal with 90 day report that has not yet arrived back to me. I sent on the 4th arrived on the 5th. The officer in room 5 checked the ledger and showed me it was processed on the 14th why the delay T.I.T? She said to not worry it should arrive by ems this week. So all of you guys with your recent posts re. delay just wait a few more days.

It can take up to 30 days. No need to panic and run to the Immigration Office.

24 minutes ago, delboy said:

Due to a recent big rise in the number of applicants, the qualifying age for the priority lane is now 75.  Apologies if this has been mentioned before.

Good to know.  Interesting that they had so many over 70 use the system.  Where are all the oldies hiding?

Edited by Dante99

9 hours ago, delboy said:

Due to a recent big rise in the number of applicants, the qualifying age for the priority lane is now 75.  Apologies if this has been mentioned before.

That was just about guaranteed when they first announced the system, over 70 would be a large proportion of retirees.

On 9/20/2017 at 1:19 PM, rawhod said:

Last week, Wednesday, I did my 90 day report on-line. No problem except that it was not approved by the weekend. So, I deleted it and made it again on Sunday in the hope that it would be approved on Monday. But no approval on Monday, so I deleted it again on Tuesday and tried again. This time it rejected my application with the "go to your local office...." message.

So it seems that they only give you one deletion, before rejecting you application.

Went to Prom at 15:00 hrs on Tuesday. After reporting, and filling in the customer satisfaction questionnaire, and was out by 15:15 hrs.

They even have the number displays at each desk and the clear number announcements now...

Mailed mine in last Saturday (also one for a friend) and the stubs just came back today, Sunday, 7-8 days. No sweat, no problems as usual. I'll scan the stub, append it into the PDF with the rest of my passport copy to print out next time. I keep a blank envelope to fill in and mail to Immigration next time, also the SASE (Self Addressed Stamped Envelope), so it takes only a minute or two at the Post Office. Do you expect to get approval by the next day online? EMS has never failed most of us.   

40 minutes ago, cusanus said:

Mailed mine in last Saturday (also one for a friend) and the stubs just came back today, Sunday, 7-8 days. No sweat, no problems as usual. I'll scan the stub, append it into the PDF with the rest of my passport copy to print out next time. I keep a blank envelope to fill in and mail to Immigration next time, also the SASE (Self Addressed Stamped Envelope), so it takes only a minute or two at the Post Office. Do you expect to get approval by the next day online? EMS has never failed most of us.   

Just under 2 days last time to get approval but the system had only just come back up so fair chance some offices did not even know. I have seen a few reports where it is only taking a couple of hours but not Chiangmai region.

On 9/20/2017 at 1:19 PM, rawhod said:

Last week, Wednesday, I did my 90 day report on-line. No problem except that it was not approved by the weekend. So, I deleted it and made it again on Sunday in the hope that it would be approved on Monday. But no approval on Monday, so I deleted it again on Tuesday and tried again. This time it rejected my application with the "go to your local office...." message.

So it seems that they only give you one deletion, before rejecting you application.

Went to Prom at 15:00 hrs on Tuesday. After reporting, and filling in the customer satisfaction questionnaire, and was out by 15:15 hrs.

They even have the number displays at each desk and the clear number announcements now...

Don't ask me why, but my last answer has disappeared. It's Saturday today, not Sunday, though. I mailed my TM47 in last Saturday and the stub came back EMS today, no problem at all. I scan the receipt and add it into the PDF with the rest of my passport, fill out the next set of envelopes so they're ready to print and mail for the next 90 days (less approx two weeks advance time). I've heard that online is not reliable. Is a one day turnaround normal for you?

Can anyone tell me if Chiang Mai Immigration requires, as I have heard some immigration offices require, the MoFA stamp on the income affidavit form from one's embassy in applying for a retirement via?

I have heard this has been required in Pattaya and Hua Hin , and if required the MoFA office in 

Bkk must be use?  Or is there somewhere in Chiang Mai to obtain this stamp?

Thank you

Hello,  

I would appreciate any clarification please---I will soon be converting my tourist visa to a non-immigrant O on the path to then converting to the "retirement visa".

I will have all the correct documents, but have read conflicting posts on various websites and thought I could ask her for the correct answer---is it possible to do the initial conversion of the tourist visa to a non-O at Chiang Mai immigration?  Some sites said this conversion could only be done at Bangkok immigation?

Thanks for any clarification!

2 hours ago, NancyL said:

Also, they may not be willing to review your documents for accuracy or completeness until your actual appointment time.  Of course, hiring an agent to help you will permit you to "jump the queue" and the agent will be able to tell you if you really do have all the correct documents.   

Note:  I'm not advocating the use of an agent, just pointing out that CM Immigration seems to "prefer" that newbies utilize agents, rather than providing any assistance themselves to newcomers, according to newcomers I've talked with

Could not agree with you more!

• Like 2

Thanks very much to you all for the information--I greatly appreciate it--after traveling to Thailand for over 20 years and staying just a few months each time,  I am now retired, and after more research, I have decided to try living in CM for at least an entire year and probably longer.  I look forward to soon joining the CM Expats Club and attending the meetings and joining some of the clubs and making some new friends.

I realized from advice on this forum that it would have been much easier had I applied for the O-A back in the US before coming here,  but, unfortunately, a variety of circumstances  messed up those plans and I am left now with converting my  tourist visa.  I spent the recent weeks in CM, with various property agents, and just when I was getting a bit discouraged in my efforts to find the right rental home, I was able to find a great place and have leased it.

As it will be weeks before I can move in, I am back in Bkk visiting some friends and thought I would go ahead to the US Embassy and get the income affidavit form to use--did that just this morning, had made an appt and all went fine, but as I was getting my form stamped, the very nice lady helping me said, as she saw my CM address on the form, that CM immigration might not accept the form being done in Bkk as the CM form is a bit different, and they may want me to use that one in my application.  So, sorry for one more question, but does anyone know if that is correct--if so, well, live and learn and I will just get it done again when I am back soon to CM. 

Again, my great thanks to all for advice--it is very helpful and appreciated--while I have been coming to Thailand for a great many years, I do not have much experience in CM, nor with the requirements for actually living here year round.  I have been going through the CM forum and reading many, many informative posts.--they have all been very helpful. 

THANKS!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SammyJ said:

Thanks very much to you all for the information--I greatly appreciate it--after traveling to Thailand for over 20 years and staying just a few months each time,  I am now retired, and after more research, I have decided to try living in CM for at least an entire year and probably longer.  I look forward to soon joining the CM Expats Club and attending the meetings and joining some of the clubs and making some new friends.

I realized from advice on this forum that it would have been much easier had I applied for the O-A back in the US before coming here,  but, unfortunately, a variety of circumstances  messed up those plans and I am left now with converting my  tourist visa.  I spent the recent weeks in CM, with various property agents, and just when I was getting a bit discouraged in my efforts to find the right rental home, I was able to find a great place and have leased it.

As it will be weeks before I can move in, I am back in Bkk visiting some friends and thought I would go ahead to the US Embassy and get the income affidavit form to use--did that just this morning, had made an appt and all went fine, but as I was getting my form stamped, the very nice lady helping me said, as she saw my CM address on the form, that CM immigration might not accept the form being done in Bkk as the CM form is a bit different, and they may want me to use that one in my application.  So, sorry for one more question, but does anyone know if that is correct--if so, well, live and learn and I will just get it done again when I am back soon to CM. 

Again, my great thanks to all for advice--it is very helpful and appreciated--while I have been coming to Thailand for a great many years, I do not have much experience in CM, nor with the requirements for actually living here year round.  I have been going through the CM forum and reading many, many informative posts.--they have all been very helpful. 

THANKS!!

I can't address whether CM Imm wants to see an income letter from CM vs. BK, but you do realize that you need to have a TM30 form don't you?  That will definitely be a problem to doing a visa conversion in  because they want to know your address and have proof that your property owner has filed a TM30 for you. 

Any "property agent" worth the title should know what you're talking about when you ask about obtaining a TM30 for a property you plan to rent.  If you it looks like you won't be able to obtain the owner's cooperation and property agents assistance to have a TM30 filed on your behalf at CM Imm, then you should walk, or rather run from the deal.

The offices of many condo units file TM30s online for their residents and renters, using the same system used by hotels.  One of the best-know property agents in CM has an explanation of TM30s on their website:  https://perfecthomes.co.th/tm030-registration-thailand/

4 hours ago, NancyL said:

No need for such an uninformed and rude comment.  It is indeed the requirement in some provinces for the Embassy Income Letter to be certified by the MofFA so this question isn't out-of-line.

Obviously, some people didn't learn any manners when he was young.

We need more people like you who can tell him off.

Edited by EricTh
  • Haha 1

A post has been removed please see the following extract from the forum rules:

Posting Content & General Conduct
7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

18 hours ago, NancyL said:

I can't address whether CM Imm wants to see an income letter from CM vs. BK, but you do realize that you need to have a TM30 form don't you?  That will definitely be a problem to doing a visa conversion in  because they want to know your address and have proof that your property owner has filed a TM30 for you. 

Any "property agent" worth the title should know what you're talking about when you ask about obtaining a TM30 for a property you plan to rent.  If you it looks like you won't be able to obtain the owner's cooperation and property agents assistance to have a TM30 filed on your behalf at CM Imm, then you should walk, or rather run from the deal.

The offices of many condo units file TM30s online for their residents and renters, using the same system used by hotels.  One of the best-know property agents in CM has an explanation of TM30s on their website:  https://perfecthomes.co.th/tm030-registration-thailand/

Thank you, Nancy, for the reminder.  I believe I  am fortunate to have an informed owner and, the company who finally found the right property for me is Perfect Homes, so I think I will be ok there, but will still doublecheck on the TM30 filing--always better "safe than sorry"!

My 90 Day experience this time around.

Tried last Tue (26 Sept) to do online. No success in completing the data input. Site would just lock up. 

Sent to IM by registered mail Wed (27 Sept); received by IM next day. 

Sent back yesterday by IM to to me by my registered mail envelope I had included with my original submittal and I received my new slip today.

Edited by jeffandgop
Clarification
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, davehowden said:

Does Chiang Mai Immigration accept Term Deposits accounts for the 800,000 baht annual extension?

Thank you.

Yes, if the funds can be withdrawn at any time by you, but perhaps with a loss of interest.  What they won't accept are accounts where your funds are absolutely locked up for a fixed term of deposit.  In the U.S. the type of funds they will accept are commonly called "Certificates of Deposit" in that they offer higher interest than a regular savings account, but you lose all your accrued interest if you withdraw funds prior to the end of the term of deposit.  Those type of accounts are accepted by CM Immigration -- actually some would say they prefer them because these accounts don't have a history of many transactions, so it's easier for them to determine that the balance hasn't dipped below 800,000 baht during the required period.

If someone has a regular savings account and doesn't keep their bankbook updated regularly, then when they do, the entry will be a "consolidated" entry and doesn't give a true picture of what the account balance was on any given day.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1