Alcohol checkpoint stop mostly white people

Rogermoore

If i do as you folks suggest you will have done me a huge favor will save me some 50,000 baht a month will cost nothing to live here then not thats a smart idea !! Everyone should do it so all the bars close down.

I am with you on this. Everyone quit drinking and driving. Shutter all the bars. Tourism, the sex trade will dry up and peace and tranquility will return again to paradise. Oh happy days.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@rogermoore,

The alcohol has affected your brain, its quite easy to explain why there are less deaths per capita from drunk driving in Cambodia as in the USA. In Cambodia more people drive scooters and your less likely (certainly not impossible) to kill others. Also the roads in Cambodia are not as good as those in the US and so you can't speed as fast. You are mentioning it yourself with the 50cc scooter, the scooters here are at least double of the 50cc if not more (100-135cc). So stop messing up facts.

I really hope they lock guys like you up and kick them out of the country. The Thais themselves are now slowly changing their views of drinking and driving. This was not influenced by foreigners but by the huge amounts of casualties on the roads. So its you who is wrong and maybe you should move to Cambodia.

I have no problems with people get drunk, using drugs whatever (Dutch guy know and have used my fair share of drugs). But the moment they put others at risk by driving under the influence all bets are off. If they only killed themselves it was easy and no big loss however that is unfortunately not the case.

So seeing your remark about drunk driving in Cambodia id say move, here they are checking more and more and the fines are getting bigger. So that is a signal from the Thais that they want to change it.

Alternatively buy a normal bike and bike home, the police won't stop you and you can't kill someone with it. But I guess that is asking too much from someone who has no concept of responsibility. (push bike / bicycle)

Edited by robblok

Easy solution, next time if you are going to drive don't drink anything, then you are sure that you will pass their test when you get stopped.

wai.gif

Are you absolutely CERTAIN of that?... I reported on here sometime last year similar, My girl and I on our scooter, waived over, and asked to blow, POS hand-held, cracked screen, with duct tape holding the batteries in. I never put the tube in my mouth. (used BTW). I simply made a brief puff over the end of it, holding it about 2" from my lips,, He punched some buttons, PRESTO-CHANGO!,,,, "you drunk" He wanted $2000baht.... He walked back out into traffic, (more customers)... we just rode off.....

Easy solution, next time if you are going to drive don't drink anything, then you are sure that you will pass their test when you get stopped.

wai.gif

Are you absolutely CERTAIN of that?... I reported on here sometime last year similar, My girl and I on our scooter, waived over, and asked to blow, POS hand-held, cracked screen, with duct tape holding the batteries in. I never put the tube in my mouth. (used BTW). I simply made a brief puff over the end of it, holding it about 2" from my lips,, He punched some buttons, PRESTO-CHANGO!,,,, "you drunk" He wanted $2000baht.... He walked back out into traffic, (more customers)... we just rode off.....

Are you sure he wanted $2000 that seems a bit steep IMO

wai.gif

Learn to R-E-A-D.... I CLEARLY stated,, "$2000baht"

The $ Sign You used clearly indicates USD

The dollar sign or peso sign ($ or 13px-Cifr%C3%A3o_symbol.svg.png) is a symbol primarily used to indicate the various peso and dollar units of currency around the world. The symbol can interchangeably have one or two vertical strokes. Note that while the two-stroked version is visually identical to the cifrão, it is not the same symbol.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dollar_sign

Edited by MJCM

wai.gif

What a stupid reply, the bloke passed 3 times yet the police officer wasn't happy with the result.

Obviously he didn't do anything wrong, yet still gets treated like a criminal.

No. He was treated like a cash machine......that wasn't working.

I am amazed at the personal responsibility of the replies from people living in Pattaya really got to hand it to you but I'm just wondering how many of the people replying drink and drive that means even one beer do you do it ?

It is really easy.

I don't drive.

How hard is that to understand?

Amazing the people here. 2 pages, almost 50 posts where 97% of the posts are attacking the OP.

The OP was not drunk, he was below the limit of the Breathalyzer.

The whole point of the OP's post was to show that mainly Farangs are being targeted (AGAIN) for the new 20.000+ baht fine.

The cop really wanted money, so just kept trying.

All the Thai drivers at that time, mostly youngmen, I am sure just came from bars and parties and are drunk, drunker and drunkest.

Thais don't get stopped, because there is no money there.

Edited by BrainLife

The reason the guy had to take the test three times is obviuos - the first time the meter showed "some alcohol" in the blood, a very good reason to wait a while, blow again, and see if the level is going up or down. Maybe the second time was too close to the first, so wait a little bit more and see again what way the level goes.

Please note that alcohol in your breath can vary from the amount in your blood because you may have just finished a drink. The cop can not know that. It is quite normal in my home country that if ANY alcohol (even below the limit) is found with the breathalyzer, you sit and wait for about 15 minutes, (no smoking, eating or drinking) and blow again. If the level is same or lower, you're good to go. If the level rises, well, then you're taken in for DUI.

Anyway, as most of the people in this thread, I am also strongly against drinking and driving. When transport in Pattaya is very easy to find and cheap, I do not understand why people take their own transport if they go drinking.

Edited by koo

"The $ Sign You used clearly indicates USD

The dollar sign or peso sign ($ or 13px-Cifr%C3%A3o_symbol.svg.png) is a symbol primarily used to indicate the various peso and dollar units of currency around the world. The symbol can interchangeably have one or two vertical strokes. Note that while the two-stroked version is visually identical to the cifrão, it is not the same symbol.

https://en.wikipedia...iki/Dollar_sign"

DRAT!...... foiled again Captain Anal.... try and get out more....

<snip>

Thais don't get stopped, because there is no money there.

are you sure about that ???

My neighbors brother got done for 6000 THB when driving to Pattaya from Sisaket. He was almost at the house when he was stopped at a checkpoint and all he had were a "couple" beers after Dinner.

Edited by MJCM

I live in CM and my rule is; if I'm going to drink, I don't drive ( and my limit is two gin & tonics). Funny thing is, when I leave, one of the Thai guys will offer me a ride home on his bike. While I appreciate the offers, if I won't drive my car, I certainly don't want to get on a bike with someone who's had 4 Leos! gigglem.gif

wai.gif

" then you are sure that you will pass their test when you get stopped". Is that so? there have been many reports of the police using faulty machines.

My God, I could hardly believe your post. You seem to be blaming Thailand for your own irresponsibility. How many times has it been proven, including tests on professional racing drivers, that even one drink impairs ones reactions. You have no right Sir to put the lives of other road users at risk by drinking and driving.

My God, I could hardly believe your post. You seem to be blaming Thailand for your own irresponsibility. How many times has it been proven, including tests on professional racing drivers, that even one drink impairs ones reactions. You have no right Sir to put the lives of other road users at risk by drinking and driving.

What about all those lunatics driving around with kids in the car.

I think we can all agree that screaming kids can be a distraction!

How dare you endanger my life in this way. Jail time, confiscate their cars and castration I say!

wai.gif

What a stupid reply, the bloke passed 3 times yet the police officer wasn't happy with the result.

Obviously he didn't do anything wrong, yet stiltreated likl gets e a criminal.

yet stiltreated likl gets e a criminal. Noooooo, he's a "guest" in this country.

Your letters are all mixed up here, but I get the gist of what you mean.

If you are drinking and driving the amount is irrelevant. Your ability to have 100% control of your vehicle is impaired. You are endangering not only my life but that of others. Harsh punishments are well deserved.

If you are that poor you can't shell out a few baht for a moto during the festive season but can buy booze, try drinking close to home, namely in your garden.

Do gooders like you are the problem with the over sensitive society we live in today.

I feel it is more than safe to drive after one or two beers. Or after a couple of drinks with a meal.

There is a big difference in being drunk and just having a few beers.

No, your driving ability becomes impaired as soon as you start drinking alcohol.

The $ Sign You used clearly indicates USD

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dollar_sign

They are a few currencies called dollars.