Parks that allow dogs..?

paulbrun

I want to take my dog for a good walk tomorrow. Several parks that we tried in the past did not encourage people to bring their dogs in..? I just wondered if anyone can recommend somewhere where we can let her off the lead for a good run..? Thanks..

I used bring my two Labs to Hue tueng Tao lake area.(let them loose there ).Its off the 121 road .Their was a sign saying no dog swimming ,but being Labradors they would jump straight into the water.B20 entrance fee.

Edited by anto

As above Huay Tung Tao and trails leading off it.

Lots of waterfalls - Mae Sa for one.

Lots of reservoirs - Mae Kuang etc.

The park near the zoo.

Queen Sirikit Botanic Garden.

You could look on google maps satellite view for somewhere then post in case someones been there before.

I am staggered that dogs are not allowed anywhere in Thailand. They appear to have free rein every where: running under the wheels of motor bikes; crapping on the sidewalk/beaches; in other people's gardens; temples; the list is endless.

The above suggestions confirm my belief that dog owners are a selfish breed with retarded mental faculties; dog dirt near reservoirs; parks where children are meant to play; ditto Botanic Gardens; the mind boggles.

taotoo,

Are you sure about this -- off the lead -- or are you speculating? Have you taken a dog there before?

I too am interested in finding such a place as the OP requests.

Moreover, I am interested in places where you can do this without possible hassle, not just, "It's posted you can't, but I do it anyway."

Where i said was always off the lead ,and the dogs always had a swim a shit and a piss without issues .Pity Mikebell was never around as my male Lab would have made him into mince meat .lol

Edited by anto

I am staggered that dogs are not allowed anywhere in Thailand. They appear to have free rein every where: running under the wheels of motor bikes; crapping on the sidewalk/beaches; in other people's gardens; temples; the list is endless.

The above suggestions confirm my belief that dog owners are a selfish breed with retarded mental faculties; dog dirt near reservoirs; parks where children are meant to play; ditto Botanic Gardens; the mind boggles.

What about the people that keep their dogs on a lead and pick up after them.

Dogs are fine its owners that need educating.

Sappersrest - I agree with you totally; there are some responsible, sensitive dog owners and I apologise to both of you. You've only to read Anto's posts to get a flavour of all the rest. I am not just talking soi dogs; there are numerous owners (Thai & farang) who allow their dogs to defecate everywhere and ignore the hysterical neurotic barking which disturbs the peace of others.

I used bring my two Labs to Hue tueng Tao lake area.(let them loose there ).Its off the 121 road .Their was a sign saying no dog swimming ,but being Labradors they would jump straight into the water.B20 entrance fee.

I think the "no dog swimming" thing is just for that small part of the lake where people are swimming. I believe the rest of the lake is free game! Our dogs love to walk around the lake, but they are terrified of the water (chihuahuas).. We have no problems with taking them to the water side restaurants as well. The only issue sometimes is the stray dogs hanging around the eating areas can be a bit of a nuisance, but nobody really seems to mind our dogs being around.

-Mestizo

>>The only issue sometimes is the stray dogs hanging around the eating areas can be a bit of a nuisance,<< yes there are some quite aggressive stray dogs .Those dogs probably abandoned by owners .Its rather sad for them.

If you go just a little up Doi Suthep to where the little streams are, that whole area is dog-heaven. This is before you get to Montrathan waterfall (which costs money and where dogs aren't allowed). Look for the parked cars and motorbikes. Called Bua Ban and Pha Ngoeb. (They're connected with a path that also leads down to Huay Kaew waterfall.

Don't go right now with all the Bangkok folks there for the holiday though. ;)

taotoo,

Are you sure about this -- off the lead -- or are you speculating? Have you taken a dog there before?

I too am interested in finding such a place as the OP requests.

Moreover, I am interested in places where you can do this without possible hassle, not just, "It's posted you can't, but I do it anyway."

Not sure which one you're asking about, but yes and yes.

If you go just a little up Doi Suthep to where the little streams are, that whole area is dog-heaven. This is before you get to Montrathan waterfall (which costs money and where dogs aren't allowed). Look for the parked cars and motorbikes. Called Bua Ban and Pha Ngoeb. (They're connected with a path that also leads down to Huay Kaew waterfall.

Don't go right now with all the Bangkok folks there for the holiday though. wink.png

Can you post this in Thai? I don't get the Romanization