2,140 vehicles impounded and drivers charged for drink driving

rooster59

In the US, getting a DUI will cost you less than $20. That'll buy a 12 pack of beer, LOL. tongue.png

This JOKE was an IQ test. How many passed, LOL? tongue.png

OK haven't quite sobered up from New Years Yet, you got me and a lot of others, now I will agree with you Happy New Years From Minnesota

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In the US, getting a DUI will cost you less than $20. That'll buy a 12 pack of beer, LOL. tongue.png

This JOKE was an IQ test. How many passed, LOL? tongue.png

Just what I thought. Apparently a lot of low IQ's on this web site.whistling.gif

Good so far. They are impounding a tiny percentage of the vehicles. Why some and not others? I wonder what the total penalties are.

If you think a DWI costs under $20 you are simply delusional.

Good so far. They are impounding a tiny percentage of the vehicles. Why some and not others? I wonder what the total penalties are.

Average cost of DUI in USA

Average Costs of a DUI or DWI Arrest and Conviction
Expense Cost Bail $150–$2,500 Towing and Impound $100–$1,200 Higher Insurance Premiums $4,500-$10,000 Defense Attorney $2,500-$5,000

If you think a DWI costs under $20 you are simply delusional.

LOL. Low IQ group. tongue.png

Average cost of DUI in USA

Average Costs of a DUI or DWI Arrest and Conviction
Expense Cost Bail $150–$2,500 Towing and Impound $100–$1,200 Higher Insurance Premiums $4,500-$10,000 Defense Attorney $2,500-$5,000

One more. thumbsup.gif

I dont know where in the US you are talking about or when , but 5 years ago in most stat3s your looking at well over $1000.00 in fines and loose you dl for one year a few days in jail and then pray your insurance isnt cancelled ...

NeverSure, on 02 Jan 2016 - 14:52, said:

In the USA, you will find a DUI will cost you several hundreds of dollars in fines, more if you get a lawyer , along with higher can insurance rates. Usually the judge will require you to do 50-100 hours of community service...That's for the first offence...It get much worst on your second offence...

I can't believe so many missed what I actually said, LOL. tongue.png

Not to bust your chops Neversure but it was worded in a way that I even thought your were a dolt from the 60's. But I re read it a few times and understand grammatically how it was worded but it was sort of out there and not very clear. Maybe you had a drink or 2 while writing it..? biggrin.png

topt, on 02 Jan 2016 - 19:51, said:
chrissables, on 02 Jan 2016 - 19:23, said:
DDbkh, on 02 Jan 2016 - 17:22, said:

I think the high percentage of motorbikes impounded correlates closely with the fact that over 80% of all road accidents and fatalities involve motorcycles.

Uncontrolled, unlicensed and uninsured motorcyclists are the most important problems to resolve in Thailand's endless vehicular carnage.

No!

The car drivers who keep killing them are!

I don't agree specifically with DDbkh's statement but if you have ever driven a car in Thailand you would know what a stupid statement you have just made. Daily I see motorcyclists pull out, cross roads and make turns without bothering to look at the traffic. Not every car driver is always at fault. This also does not include all those who manage to wrap themselves around immovable objects or drive off elevated roads.........sad.png

I ride a scooter and very often I see motorcyclist`s run red lights turn onto main roads without looking that one is most common, doing a u turn at lights and some just go when they see no traffic coming in the opposite direction and while the lights are still red, it beggars belief where peoples brains are !

We took taxis for new year's eve. And good thing. Even in the small back roads of Jomtien, police check points were setup. We went through one, 3 on a scooter taxi, no helmets, etc. Not stopped. Just breezed right past some 20 cops. Makes you wonder what they are really trying to do....

With an average IQ of 60 they can only focus on one thing at a time.

I think the high percentage of motorbikes impounded correlates closely with the fact that over 80% of all road accidents and fatalities involve motorcycles.

Uncontrolled, unlicensed and uninsured motorcyclists are the most important problems to resolve in Thailand's endless vehicular carnage.

No!

Another silly answer the figures back up the fact motorcycles are the cause of most accidents far from car drivers killing them more like motorbike riders comiting suicide.

No, that is not the conclusion of the data. The data reflects a higher death rate from motorcycle incidents (I could have told you that without having to look at data) but does not imply that they are the cause of the accidents. Your logic is faulty.

Speaking of faulty logic, when nobody gets the joke it is the joke teller who has failed and not the reader.

Bull $#!+ cheesy.gif

Unless of course, you are an untouchable. whistling.gif

"Traffic police have been ordered to memorize the license plates and faces of their superiors after Bangkok's police chief complained yesterday that he was asked to take a breathalyzer test despite his insistence that he was not intoxicated."

Eventually, I had to tell them who I was and get out of my car and criticize them, he told reporters yesterday. wai2.gif

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1437029021

In America, all the "superior" would have had to do was flash his/her badge/ID. So simple. These people seem to have to make it complicated. facepalm.gifcrazy.gifcoffee1.gif

Badges and such can be stolen. Tattoos on foreheads can't.

You could not possibly be more wrong. In the US, getting a DUI will cost you over $10,000. That is a fact. You will have to hire a good attorney, and engage in all kinds of state mandated rehab, and other programs. You are so lost, it is impossible to overstate how far off the mark you are. DUI is taken very seriously there. The following does not include any attorney fees:

The maximum penalties for a misdemeanor first DUI conviction in California is a $1,000 fine plus over $2,600 in penalty ­assessments, six months’ imprisonment in the county jail, a six-month license suspension ; ten months for blood alcohol level of 0.15% or more, having your vehicle “impounded” (stored at your expense) for 30 days, and being required to attach an “interlock” breath device to your vehicle that will not allow the car to start if there is any alcohol on your breath. This will cost you about $800

http://dui.drivinglaws.org/resources/dui-laws-state/penalties-dui-california.htm

topt, on 02 Jan 2016 - 19:51, said:

chrissables, on 02 Jan 2016 - 19:23, said:

DDbkh, on 02 Jan 2016 - 17:22, said:

No!

I don't agree specifically with DDbkh's statement but if you have ever driven a car in Thailand you would know what a stupid statement you have just made. Daily I see motorcyclists pull out, cross roads and make turns without bothering to look at the traffic. Not every car driver is always at fault. This also does not include all those who manage to wrap themselves around immovable objects or drive off elevated roads.........sad.png

I ride a scooter and very often I see motorcyclist`s run red lights turn onto main roads without looking that one is most common, doing a u turn at lights and some just go when they see no traffic coming in the opposite direction and while the lights are still red, it beggars belief where peoples brains are !
Concur. There is no doubt the rate of lawbreaking by motorcycle riders in Thailand is astronomical.

Wonder how many of the impounded cars are late model European imports - BMW, Mercedes, Porsche etc .... At a wild guess, I'll say less than 2 smile.png

Absolutely no doubt about that. The poor and defenseless are easy targets. Business as usual, for the lazy and corrupt. Do as you are told. Don't rock the boat. Don't upset the status quo. Do not rock the apple cart. Do not pick on the powerful, the influential, the wealthy nor the elite. They are "protected and untouchable". Pick on the ones who have just enough to pay the fines, and get their cars or bikes out of impound.

I wonder how long they will follow this up? Like everything else this administration does, there is little follow up. A new policy implemented, then it is forgotten, in the fog of the daily grind. If they did follow it up, a degree of traffic safety could overtake the nation!

Must be a different U.S. than I grew up in. Getting a DUI incurs a serious fine, possibly suspension of license, higher insurance costs, etc.

You too, LOL? I never mentioned what the penalties are, just what it would cost to get a DUI - for the beer.

Cheers.

I didn't miss your LOL. Your LOL in this case implied you thought US DUI penalties were very lite equating to less that $20/cost of a 12 pack...something to laugh at.

The whole plan is so the police not lose face

It is nothing to do with stricter law enfoecement

Indeed. A lot of show for a few days.

What total rubbish you sprout, anything, any opportunity to post negatives, your as obvious as the long noses on your faces. ,

Wonder how many of the impounded cars are late model European imports - BMW, Mercedes, Porsche etc .... At a wild guess, I'll say less than 2 smile.png

Absolutely no doubt about that. The poor and defenseless are easy targets. Business as usual, for the lazy and corrupt. Do as you are told. Don't rock the boat. Don't upset the status quo. Do not rock the apple cart. Do not pick on the powerful, the influential, the wealthy nor the elite. They are "protected and untouchable". Pick on the ones who have just enough to pay the fines, and get their cars or bikes out of impound.

I wonder how long they will follow this up? Like everything else this administration does, there is little follow up. A new policy implemented, then it is forgotten, in the fog of the daily grind. If they did follow it up, a degree of traffic safety could overtake the nation!

How quaint your post is, you conveniently forget that the current administration is trying to fix / make improvements / get attention to at least one million problems / concerns / issues. Do they have the resources to 'follow up' on everything?

No, grow up.

But it's also very obvious you and your ilk are searching by the minute for anything negative to post.

Boring.

Update your CV to something more realistic, more genuine.

Edited by scorecard

How quaint your post is, you conveniently forget that the current administration is trying to fix / make improvements / get attention to at least one million problems / concerns / issues. Do they have the resources to 'follow up' on everything?

No, grow up.

But it's also very obvious you and your ilk are searching by the minute for anything negative to post.

Boring.

Update your CV to something more realistic, more genuine.

'But it's also very obvious you and your ilk are searching by the minute for anything negative to post'

I tell you what mate I really don't have to search very hard to find negatives as yourself and the halfwits in charge provide the ammunition with virtually every statement they come out with

Question: with all the obvious evidence to the contrary of corruption, cronyism, nepotism that is in plain sight do you honestly, truly believe the bs the junta are coming out with....truly!

What even with the massive evidence showing they are just as bad as any of the other junta's that have been holding Thailand back and keeping the right people in charge year after year doing the same thing with the same results..

Could you clarify are you a Thai or just a foreigner that thinks he is a Thai? I ask as I noticed the blatant attempt at racism when you were talking about looking down long noses, don't bother me at all but it does smack of double standards

Anyway I will leave you to it I am sure you or your mates will soon give us something else to ponder...ttfn!

You could not possibly be more wrong. In the US, getting a DUI will cost you over $10,000. That is a fact. You will have to hire a good attorney, and engage in all kinds of state mandated rehab, and other programs. You are so lost, it is impossible to overstate how far off the mark you are. DUI is taken very seriously there. The following does not include any attorney fees:

The maximum penalties for a misdemeanor first DUI conviction in California is a $1,000 fine plus over $2,600 in penalty ­assessments, six months’ imprisonment in the county jail, a six-month license suspension ; ten months for blood alcohol level of 0.15% or more, having your vehicle “impounded” (stored at your expense) for 30 days, and being required to attach an “interlock” breath device to your vehicle that will not allow the car to start if there is any alcohol on your breath. This will cost you about $800

http://dui.drivinglaws.org/resources/dui-laws-state/penalties-dui-california.htm

That's why his name is Never Sure giggle.gif

The whole plan is so the police not lose face

It is nothing to do with stricter law enfoecement

Indeed. A lot of show for a few days.

What total rubbish you sprout, anything, any opportunity to post negatives, your as obvious as the long noses on your faces. ,

Here's a multiple choice quiz for you.

Q: How many days per year effective enforcement of traffic laws will be required to create a lasting reduction in accidents and deaths?

A. 14 (New Year and Songkran weeks)

B. 365 (traffic scofflaws and drunks operate year round)

Now compare your answer to the current situation.

Evidence based reasoning - it works!

Edited by phoenixdoglover