Visa Exempt question

Hi guys,

Im quite new in this visa thing so I just want to ask to be sure. Im 21 years old living with my thai girlfriend in Thailand since July 2014. So far I have 2 SETV visas issued in Prague. I extended second visa and now its time to go for a trip to Hong Kong. Back to question. Is it ok for me to enter Thailand on visa exempt ? Or should I get a SETV and better not use exempts?

What Im worried about is that one day immigration officer would say no more to me.

Im planning to return to EU in May for 1-2 months and then come back here.

Thanks for answers.

It would be best to get a single entry tourist visa while in Hong Kong.

Relying on visa exempt entries to live here is not a good idea. Once you get to a point they will start questioning you about what you are doing here.

While back in your home country you should apply for a multiple entry tourist visa (METV) if you can quality for it. The METV can give you almost 9 months of total stay by doing and entry just before the visa expires..

I think you will be OK.

One day they might say "enough" to you as they did to me last month.

They appear to limiting the exempt entries to 6. Especially at Don Meuang.

Did they say 6 per year or over a certain period of time?

There is no limit on visa exempt entries. At 6 entries the immigration officer gets an alert and then they should look at your previous entries to determiner if they are out/in visa runs.

I have seen nothing as to what resets the 6 entry alert..

Ok so its better not to use them... But if I want to enter just for now and then do visa again its ok ?

It will be my first visa exempt. Back in my country I will try to make METV. But dont know if they will give me biggrin.png . Officialy I have a job and I can get 200,000THB on statement, but I cant have it on my account for 6 months so I hope they will not ask for full statement.

In future (3-5 years) I want to get Elite visa but now it would hurt me a lot, if I would buy one :D

Edited by megapix

I have 36 entries. 35 were visa exempt, and this time at Don Meuang I was taken aside, and they have said no more. So, now I wait in Laos for non o visa.

I was coming for one week in 5. But last time I was out for only 2 weeks. Maybe that was the trigger.

Edited by Goanna