New Honda civic not getting the 1.5 Turbo engine in Thailand.. Surely not?

Huayrat

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if the 1.8 can do 0-100 in 9.5 then the 1.5 must be able to do mid 8s or it wouldnt be worth the price difference.

I am sure 150k could help release more power on the 1.8

The 1.5 would have more potential (or boost the 1.8)...but how much can the cvt take?

I just looked on the racechip website. Racechip ultimate (on the ford focus 1.5 ecoboost) boosts HP to 234 (from 180) and torque to 312 NM (from 240). There's nothing listed for the honda as yet.

what potencial?

Its can be covered guaranty if change software?rolleyes.gif

anyone wanting serious power will not be concerned with warranty. Just get something easily removable before service is done.

i am not talking about "serious power" ( honda civic 1.5 turbo not for serious power) I just want simple road car with normal acceleration .. near 7 sec but not more 8 sec.

for safety reason. and some times litle fun.

Well if the 1.8 can do 0-100 in 9.5 then the 1.5 must be able to do mid 8s or it wouldnt be worth the price difference.

The 1.5 would have more potential (or boost the 1.8)...but how much can the cvt take?

The Thailand 1.5T version has 1 bar of turbo boost while the US version has 1.15 bar. The US version is 0-100kph at 6.8 seconds so see no reason the CVT can't handle it as they must be the same box.

The Thailand 1.5T version has 1 bar of turbo boost while the US version has 1.15 bar. The US version is 0-100kph at 6.8 seconds so see no reason the CVT can't handle it as they must be the same box.

It has a bit more boost, but strangely the HP is similar to the Thai version - more strangely is the 6.8 second time for that HP. It's rather fast. The hot conditions in Thailand will take its toll on acceleration, so I don't think we would see those figure here unless the car is modified.

Normal cars don't do it in 7 seconds

For members interest, quite a few 'normal' cars in there sub 7s depending on your definition. For example 2013 Ford Escape 6.8:

Fastest Cars 0-60 Times

List of Sedans 0-60 Times

Another list, 0-60 Times (Sort by high to low)

Another, select brand

There several Camry's in that list you linked. Can't get any more normal than that smile.png

Edited by IMHO

Normal cars don't do it in 7 seconds

some

Normal car do it 20 year ago.

Now normal cardo 6-7 sec

;) 7-8 it's be casual car :)

PS

For you Nissan maxima.accord, legend

Wv CC,golf.

Toyota mark,aristo

Benz C,E

BMW 3,5 (not m) etc its not normal car?

It's what? super car? Racer car?:)

Normal cars do not do it in 7 seconds as I said before.. Normal cars as in 1.6 fiesta sport 9 seconds.. 95% do not do it in 7 seconds FACT

SO tell me nissan maxima 1998 its not normal car?

accord?

Aristo. Mark?

Audi A4?

and many another?

tell me what is car?

fiesta i am sure its not NORMAL.

its compact car.

normal car its sedan C-E class. and in last 20 year come SUV for oll world.

SO if talk about 30 year ego 7-8 sec per second its can say sport car .

now its even caNT SAY SPORT ROAD CAR.

many car NORMAL now can do 6-7 sec..

I think people here are using different definitions of normal.

If normal means usual or common, C & E class are not normal in Thailand, especially the more powerful versions.

Similarly, the V6 versions of the Camry / Accord / Maxima etc are also scarce.

Japanese Pickups and small cars are the volume sellers in LOS and 0 - 60mph in 7 sec is not normal among these.

Different countries have a different car model sales and specs so normal varies from place to place.

Edited by Jitar

Normal cars do not do it in 7 seconds as I said before.. Normal cars as in 1.6 fiesta sport 9 seconds.. 95% do not do it in 7 seconds FACT

accord?

Aristo. Mark?

Audi A4?

and many another?

tell me what is car?

its compact car.

Your mind is still far away from Thailand...Europe maybe? Accord is considered a large car here, but not Europe/US/Australia. They are much larger and more powerful. If you want a 'normal' car, better go back to Europe. But even a 3.5L acura is hard pushed for 6-7 seconds. Most regular cars in Thailand are 9-15 seconds for 0-100.

accord?

Aristo. Mark?

Audi A4?

and many another?

tell me what is car?

its compact car.

Your mind is still far away from Thailand...Europe maybe? Accord is considered a large car here, but not Europe/US/Australia. They are much larger and more powerful. If you want a 'normal' car, better go back to Europe. But even a 3.5L acura is hard pushed for 6-7 seconds. Most regular cars in Thailand are 9-15 seconds for 0-100.

I am not Thai people.

SO may be i need eat buy finger and drain the water in the toilet bucket?

You when write "anyone wanting serious power will not be concerned with warranty. Just get something easily removable before service is done. "

its be "serious power " for Thailand..

wink.png

And " Huayrat" Nothing to say about "NORMAL" ITS MEAN FOR Thai normal..wink.png

SO i am not Thai. Why for me must be regression change my "normal"?whistling.gif

wai2.gif

But even a 3.5L acura is hard pushed for 6-7 seconds.

I do not know what is.

i am not Us guyswink.png

but i use Acura TL its easy get near 7 sec(6.6-6.8) for 100kmwink.png

Ofcouse it not as G37.. but it normal carthumbsup.gif

And have many NORMAL car get it 6-7

more than 30 i can easy tell youwai.gif

accord?

Aristo. Mark?

Audi A4?

and many another?

tell me what is car?

its compact car.

I am not Thai people.

SO may be i need eat buy finger and drain the water in the toilet bucket?

You when write "anyone wanting serious power will not be concerned with warranty. Just get something easily removable before service is done. "

its be "serious power " for Thailand..

wink.png

And " Huayrat" Nothing to say about "NORMAL" ITS MEAN FOR Thai normal..wink.png

SO i am not Thai. Why for me must be regression change my "normal"?whistling.gif

wai2.gif

But even a 3.5L acura is hard pushed for 6-7 seconds.

I do not know what is.

i am not Us guyswink.png

but i use Acura TL its easy get near 7 sec(6.6-6.8) for 100kmwink.png

Ofcouse it not as G37.. but it normal carthumbsup.gif

And have many NORMAL car get it 6-7

more than 30 i can easy tell youwai.gif

I never said you were Thai. I said you should stay in Europe if you really want NORMAL cars....that can do 0-100 in 6 seconds...because most cars here don't do it. And who cares about this kind of acceleration anyway? How often will you blast away at the lights? You will be stuck in Traffic most of the time or end up hitting someone on a bike or some soi dog.

Edited by DavisH

I checked the local Honda dealer and they say the 1.8EL would be 2.39% with a 400k deposit over 4 years which is ok .

Might see what they will charge for the turbo over 4 years .The dealer is phoning every other day so must be wanting to push the sale .

When i looked at Fords a while ago i actually had a sales rep come to my house to discuss finance . I could not believe it as i only said the area i lived in ,they must have asked the locals directions to the farangs house?

Didnt even let them in!

I know fords are not very popular here but jeez desperate much?

I checked the local Honda dealer and they say the 1.8EL would be 2.39% with a 400k deposit over 4 years which is ok .

Might see what they will charge for the turbo over 4 years .The dealer is phoning every other day so must be wanting to push the sale .

When i looked at Fords a while ago i actually had a sales rep come to my house to discuss finance . I could not believe it as i only said the area i lived in ,they must have asked the locals directions to the farangs house?

Didnt even let them in!

Think I mentioned here or somewhere else, motorshow is doing 2.09% for bookings by 3rd April and delivery by 30th April.

post-241826-0-09759400-1458640306_thumb.

Didnt even let them in!

After vising ford and mitsu and buying a honda, i couldnt go to a mall for 2weeks because the seller of those 2 brand was there "showing" cars. Had to block the guy's phone too.

Honda girl had 300k+ in improvement on her face and took her time to call back

So 407 posts later the answer is Yes.gigglem.gif

After 418 posts yes and No

Yes it is getting the Turbo so No it is not, not getting the Turbo. blink.png

So 407 posts later the answer is Yes.gigglem.gif

After 418 posts yes and No

Yes it is getting the Turbo so No it is not, not getting the Turbo. blink.png

Don't get Arcando

More confused please the boy racers have done enough..[emoji482][emoji481][emoji485]

Didnt even let them in!

Think I mentioned here or somewhere else, motorshow is doing 2.09% for bookings by 3rd April and delivery by 30th April.

Is that for all models? I booked a Turbo RS from Chonburi and they are advising June.sad.png