New Honda civic not getting the 1.5 Turbo engine in Thailand.. Surely not?

Huayrat

Do a search at headlightmag.com on accord. Tables are displayed there showing acceleration times for various models. 3.5l was here for a short time . It had about 280 hp. 3.0 model was more common and had 220hp detuned to avoid higher taxes.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

RE: Honda Accord V6 in Thailand...

We first got them with a 3.0L V6 in Q1 2003, well before there was any 220HP Excise tax barrier. In Q4 2007 there was a new model change that came with a 3.5L V6, but by then the excise tax system had already changed an it was over 3M Baht - while it stayed on the price lists until 2012, by about 2009 they weren't taking bookings anymore.

Toyota also sold a 3.5L V6 version of the Camry between Q3 2006 and 2011, but same story - by around 2009 sales were so slow they weren't taking any bookings.

The 220HP and 3,000c tax thresholds were introduced in 2005. Right when TAFTA came into effect.

Edited by IMHO

Hey where is the missing 1HP from the honda 2.0? 555 Should be 155HP. I got a 2004 model. Old but still pretty good an looks good still. Really sucks the juice though. I just think driving the new one now would show what an old dinosaur the old model is:)

The old 3.5L accord was sold here for nearly 3M baht. Can get one now for about a million second hand.

Yeah, given the average driver here, anything approaching 200HP would be dangerous in the wrong hands

Old accord? What gen?

8 gen it "sad" accord.

Lost in handeling not as previose 7 gen. better all spec inspire and Europe/japan version.

Ps

200 hp its not realy big power for not small car as accord.

And have so many electronics now.

smile.png

Honda here:

http://www.headlightmag.com/%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%94%E0%B8%A5%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%87%E0%B8%82%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%9A-honda-6071/

nissan sylphy here + all other model acceleration and consumption included

http://www.headlightmag.com/full-review-nissan-sylphy-1-6-dig-turbo-m-cvt/

There's no way the honda will get near 6 secs for 0-100 when it is officially timed. Forget US figures. They mean nothing here - need to account for fuel quality / temperature / minor tweaks to engines / driver skill, etc.

The fastest in the small segment is the sylphy/pulsar turbo. I'd be happy if the honda gets close to those numbers. Note that the honda accord 3.5/3.0 is slower that the sylphy. I said nothing about the new civic. The new civics numbers are unofficial.

Edited by DavisH

This is not good considering it's doing it in 7 seconds on the U.S model.. My shitty Ford fiesta sport is doing it in 9.3 seconds , so I'm now considering not buying the new civic as it's under Tuned compared to the U.S model.. Anyone know if you can chip the engine to give it more power?? If you can I'll buy it..

What happened to 6.5?

Go look at the U.S model

Google new Honda Civic 0-60 MPH and go look at the video.. DELETED

I'm looking at what you told us. First you said 6.5. Now in the above you are saying 7. Half a second may not seem a lot, but as has already been mentioned, the extra power required for that half second is significant.

And why all the aggression?

Hey where is the missing 1HP from the honda 2.0? 555 Should be 155HP. I got a 2004 model. Old but still pretty good an looks good still. Really sucks the juice though. I just think driving the new one now would show what an old dinosaur the old model is:)

The old 3.5L accord was sold here for nearly 3M baht. Can get one now for about a million second hand.

Yeah, given the average driver here, anything approaching 200HP would be dangerous in the wrong hands

Old accord? What gen?

8 gen it "sad" accord.

Lost in handeling not as previose 7 gen. better all spec inspire and Europe/japan version.

Ps

200 hp its not realy big power for not small car as accord.

And have so many electronics now.

smile.png

Honda here:

http://www.headlightmag.com/%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%94%E0%B8%A5%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%87%E0%B8%82%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%9A-honda-6071/

nissan sylphy here + all other model acceleration and consumption included

http://www.headlightmag.com/full-review-nissan-sylphy-1-6-dig-turbo-m-cvt/

There's no way the honda will get near 6 secs for 0-100 when it is officially timed. Forget US figures. They mean nothing here - need to account for fuel quality / temperature / minor tweaks to engines / driver skill, etc.

The fastest in the small segment is the sylphy/pulsar turbo. I'd be happy if the honda gets close to those numbers. Note that the honda accord 3.5/3.0 is slower that the sylphy. I said nothing about the new civic. The new civics numbers are unofficial.

Sorry but :

1. Japan brand name do not bilive spec time it most be perfect time ..

2. We talk about Thailand market (Honda inspire 3.0l for japan market have even 250 hp

3. Nissan sylphy its 8.3 0-100 km per hour honda accord 7 gen for american and asia market 7.6 sec 0-100...

4 Civic RS for thai marcket tested you can see

http://www.headlightmag.com/exclusive-first-impression-honda-civic-2016-1-5-turbo-rs-cvt/

speed

0-100 = 9.11

80-120= 6.77

civic 2.0

0-100= 10.38

80-120= 7.45

turbine engine is less resource. expensive repairs

I Not see big reason buy civic 1,5 turbo

its still slow car

any turbo have bag

small engine turbo more big bag

in my opinion fast car now start its if acceleration 0-100 km less 8 sec

only this is i say

and in my opinion just accord 3.0 ( about 3.5 i am not sure what generation if 8g its not best deal from model accord) from honda in thai market in past give some "speed car" for drive.

3.0 its start at 2003 so 7.6 before and now it different class carwai.gifthumbsup.gif

Actually smaller turbos have less lag. They spool up faster. And there's no way any Thai accord (even 2.4) can do 0-100 in 7.6 secs. They are all around 10-11 sec. Please stop quoting foreign media for your times. They don't necessarily apply here.

These....

speed

0-100 = 9.11

80-120= 6.77

are from a quick drive. I would wait for more data on this. The new civic is 100+ kg more than the previous 2.0 model. So I think 8+ secs would be OK. Jet's just wait longer for a proper published LOCAL review.

Edited by DavisH

This is not good considering it's doing it in 7 seconds on the U.S model.. My shitty Ford fiesta sport is doing it in 9.3 seconds , so I'm now considering not buying the new civic as it's under Tuned compared to the U.S model.. Anyone know if you can chip the engine to give it more power?? If you can I'll buy it..
What happened to 6.5?

Go look at the U.S model

Google new Honda Civic 0-60 MPH and go look at the video.. DELETED
I'm looking at what you told us. First you said 6.5. Now in the above you are saying 7. Half a second may not seem a lot, but as has already been mentioned, the extra power required for that half second is significant.

And why all the aggression?

http://www.caranddriver.com/honda/civic

DELETED... Follow the link.. Edited by seedy
troll / flaming

The Ford Focus with 252 BHP does 0 - 60 MPH in 5.3 secs, and 1/4 Mile in 14.2 secs, some of you ask too much from a 175 bhp ish lump in a Civic sized car.coffee1.gif

No point quoting the Ford Focus as we can't even buy that model here.. We just get the small sized crap.. If they sold that focus here then I'd buy it

Actually smaller turbos have less lag. They spool up faster. And there's no way any Thai accord (even 2.4) can do 0-100 in 7.6 secs. They are all around 10-11 sec. Please stop quoting foreign media for your times. They don't necessarily apply here.

These....

speed

0-100 = 9.11

80-120= 6.77

are from a quick drive. I would wait for more data on this. The new civic is 100+ kg more than the previous 2.0 model. So I think 8+ secs would be OK. Jet's just wait longer for a proper published LOCAL review.

sorry but:

1. Not small turbos, i say about small engine. Lag in 1.8L VW CC can easy filling than VW CC 3.6 L .

Because have more diference power engine with turbo and without.

And ofcouse trasmition and how gast acceleration important too.

2.I am not talking about 2.4 Honda. And in 8 gen for example with automatic trasmission its not only Thailand Accord not be fast 8 gen its even lost sports handeling . Honda try make "family sedan"

I am talking about Accord V6 3.0 2003-2007

You say its 10-11 sec?

You seriosly?;)

The Ford Focus with 252 BHP does 0 - 60 MPH in 5.3 secs, and 1/4 Mile in 14.2 secs, some of you ask too much from a 175 bhp ish lump in a Civic sized car.coffee1.gif

No point quoting the Ford Focus as we can't even buy that model here.. We just get the small sized crap.. If they sold that focus here then I'd buy it

I will be the judge of that ,you can't buy anything here with big BHP at a fair price,the post refers what's needed for performance.As for E85 ,that's why Drift Cars use it, turbo love it,more BHP,less mpg.

These....

speed

0-100 = 9.11

80-120= 6.77

sorry but:

1. Not small turbos, i say about small engine. Lag in 1.8L VW CC can easy filling than VW CC 3.6 L .

Because have more diference power engine with turbo and without.

And ofcouse trasmition and how gast acceleration important too.

2.I am not talking about 2.4 Honda. And in 8 gen for example with automatic trasmission its not only Thailand Accord not be fast 8 gen its even lost sports handeling . Honda try make "family sedan"

I am talking about Accord V6 3.0 2003-2007

You say its 10-11 sec?

You seriosly?wink.png

The accord v6 3.0 auto in Thailand is 8 - 9 secs for 0-100 km/h. A nissan sylphy turbo is a bit faster than that. The civic will approach that time, but slower than sylphy. The accord 2.4 is 10-11 sec, similar to 2.0 civic. I never quote overseas times. I have no interest in their times. They don't apply here.

Simply putting E85 in the tank give naff all power gains.

DELETED.Take the Tubo Civic it has to be converted to run E85.Yet all the others can use it. U.S. Drifters mod for power from 85 cause benzine gives less BHP. But what do they know above TV experts.[emoji99]

Edited by seedy
All capitals

.Take the Tubo Civic it has to be converted to run E85.Yet all the others can use it. U.S. Drifters mod for power from 85 cause benzine gives less BHP. But what do they know above TV experts.[emoji99]

... hit a nerve did I ?

More compression.

More engine timing.

More Boost.

Aftermarket ECU (Motec is my choice).

E85 can make for wonderful results but you already know this DELETED

Edited by seedy
Quote hidden post

DELETED.Take the Tubo Civic it has to be converted to run E85.Yet all the others can use it. U.S. Drifters mod for power from 85 cause benzine gives less BHP. But what do they know above TV experts.[emoji99]

Need a private church for e85 believers

damned be those non-believers

Need a private church for e85 believers

damned be those non-believers

Dont be fooled Bearpolar Iam a believer. Have mates back home with Turbo V8's tuned for 650hp on pump fuel and 900hp on E85.... it is good stuff however it aint simply a matter of filling the tank with it.