Seizure of Yingluck calendars upsets Pheu Thai

webfact

I never pretended that there was no political motive behind it, on the contrary I wrote it in another post and I think using the expression " communication campain" doesn't leave much doubt about it either. They laid a nice trap and the Junta fell enthousiastly into it. And about media in English, I was mainly referring to the Thai media in English or with an English version (The Nation, BP, Khasod, etc...).

To be frank I find some of the positions expressed in this thread (and others) equally amusing:

- posters feigning to believe it was not politically motivated (while being probably delighted about the political impact). OK, nothing wrong with distributing calendars and making merit-making ceremonies but I doubt there was no political intent behind it.

- posters feigning to be outraged by it (in the style -my own words, not quotes- "Politicians doing politics! What a shame!"). I don't see what's outrageous that a Party who is forbidden any political activity after a coup, tries indirect ways to attract attention. Of course the PTP doesn't tell the truth when it says it's not politically motivated. But as I wrote in another post, "Lying to liars", there's nothing shocking about it. It's kind of fair game.

To be frank I think you missed the point.

Here we have a criminal fugitive ordering his (Pheu Thai) party around expecting them to do as he tells them and that's not politics as usual. That's criminal.

What's criminal is the way the justice system in Thailand has been dragged down to only produce verdicts favourable to those who hold the country to ransom by naked force.

It is not just relevant to your pet bogyman, it is taken notice of outside the country and is making an already abismally bad justice system even more obviously so with a very negative effect on business.

What's criminal is being unable to control yourself as PM and still do private business despite prohibitions.

Anyway, not only Thaksin upset it would seem.

"Control yourself as PM"........now why does that ring a bell?

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Amply Rich elite people trying to get back for more all the while portraying an imagine of 'fighting for the poor' who somehow remained poor even after largesses like the RPPS.

Thaksin's Pheu Thai talking about reconciliation means "give Thaksin a break".

Politicians playing games? Not according to Pheu Thai

"Former Pheu Thai MP Thanik Masipitak said visiting people and making merit during the New Year period was part of Thai culture and the action had no political motive."

Edited by rubl